Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total STs sold ...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I think anyone who rings up can book a presentation on the database or not. A freind of mine has never been to a Brighton home game in his life and is going to a presentation this week to buy a ticket for him and his 2 kids.

Indeed. My boss who has never been to a game went last night and brought two.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Out of interest, why haven't they been to any games this season? It seems mad not to want to go to ANY, with us playing this well. They have presumably been to away games?

Withdean is shit.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Withdean is shit.....

What has that got to do with it when the football is the best we have played in most people's lifetime? Just plain weak to be slagging off Withdean when we are moving out in just a few games time. I'd rather watch this team in Withdean than Adams mark 2's team in any stadium you care to name, and that is a fact.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Withdean is shit.....

What has that got to do with it when the football is the best we have played in most people's lifetime? Just plain weak to be slagging off Withdean when we are moving out in just a few games time. I'd rather watch this team in Withdean than Adams mark 2's team in any stadium you care to name, and that is a fact.

I don't understand the "Withdean is shit" excuse either. It has seen the most successful period in the club's history, trophy wise-why boycott that ffs?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also believe it or not a few games this season have had proper ATMOSPHERE. Pompey game was an absolute cracker.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Also believe it or not a few games this season have had proper ATMOSPHERE. Pompey game was an absolute cracker.

There have been loads of games at Withdean with a great atmosphere. Staying away doesn't exactly help with generating an atmosphere.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
but Withdean is shit...for a football ground, ask any non-BHA fan and they say the same, rose tinted specs people! I know people who've also never been to Withdean or been once or twice but have now got a Falmer ST....its just how it is, Withers puts people off even if Brazil do play there every weekend!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There have been loads of games at Withdean with a great atmosphere. Staying away doesn't exactly help with generating an atmosphere.

Exactly. We have had some very exciting seasons at Withdean (and a couple not so). It was a poor stadium but it didn't stop me going. Presumably some of our "fans" who never went to Withdean, and live locally, heard that it was a terrible stadium from other fans (who probably hadn't been either).

Withdean wasn't great but it was 100 times better than going to Gillingham.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

I was just stating a point that a lot of people have been put off going to Withdean over the years and I think there is sizeable volume of people who have decided to get season tickets for the Amex that were put off attending games at the Withdean. I'm just hoping the people that sit near me in block F are knowhere near me at the Amex, think most of them are dead or just there for a chat about there families and stuff. Even this season the atmosphere is of a resignation that there will be no atmosphere, I'm sure this will change next season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
but Withdean is shit...for a football ground, ask any non-BHA fan and they say the same, rose tinted specs people! I know people who've also never been to Withdean or been once or twice but have now got a Falmer ST....its just how it is, Withers puts people off even if Brazil do play there every weekend!

We all know that as a venue, Withdean is shit. However, that is a piss poor excuse to stop supporting your club that nearly went out of existence: because the place is shit. Especially when other team's poor home attendances get ridiculed by some of our away support who don't go to Withdean.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
We all know that as a venue, Withdean is shit. However, that is a piss poor excuse to stop supporting your club that nearly went out of existence: because the place is shit. Especially when other team's poor home attendances get ridiculed by some of our away support who don't go to Withdean.

I've turned down FREE tickets in the past because i dont fancy going on a cold wet miserable winters day (SUPERFAN), it does happen and there are quite possibly hundreds of people out there who've been only a handful of times in the past who just dont wanna go....you cant make them, its just how it is.

Seems to be alot of blindness to the obvious going on here guys....oh waits NSC :flounce:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Now Gillingham was shit and I'd never put Withdean in that category!

The Withdean non attenders, I'd bet a large % of them didn't go to Gillingham and only dipped their toes into Withdean for the first 2 years or so.

Surely passionate fans would take any facilities to see their team.

That said, Withdean isn't that bad when it stays dry.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I agree with Marc. I've only been to a handful of games this season despite this being one of our best seasons ever on the pitch. I hate Withdean and with money so tight it's hard to justify spending cash on a product that has such massive flaws. I love the Albion and Gus and the way he has got us playing but my days of suffering for the cause are long gone. I want value for money and so I will be ever present at the Amex.

And I would argue the atmosphere has NEVER been any good at Withdean. Even Swindon in the play offs, Chesterfield and Man City were poor compared to most away games I've been to. I think a lot of people have just forgotten or have never experienced a proper atmosphere in a proper stadium.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If anyone seriously thinks that Withdean hasn't put off the more casual floating fan, then they need their rose tinted specs surgically removed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with Marc. I've only been to a handful of games this season despite this being one of our best seasons ever on the pitch. I hate Withdean and with money so tight it's hard to justify spending cash on a product that has such massive flaws. I love the Albion and Gus and the way he has got us playing but my days of suffering for the cause are long gone. I want value for money and so I will be ever present at the Amex.

and if the football becomes shit you can stay in the bars drinking, opening another can of worms :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If anyone seriously thinks that Withdean hasn't put off the more casual floating fan, then they need their rose tinted specs surgically removed.

I don't wear spectacles, I wear contact lenses.

But I do think that anyone 'put off' by Withdean IS pretty casual with their support and affections for The Albion.

Each to his own, but my sons and I have enjoyed watching The Albion throughout the Withdean years.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every club has it's die hards, as well as the floating type who attend when they feel like it or when the team is doing well. Not everyone eats, sleeps and breathes the Albion, believe it or not.

It doesn't matter a jot to me whether some of the crowd have been to ten Albion games or a thousand: if we fill the stadium next season, that's all that counts. We need the new fans...let's not mock them, after all, some of them will become the die hards of the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here