Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total STs sold ...

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Allowing interest free monthly direct debit payments over a year to purchase match tickets is something the Football League should make all its clubs offer its fans. Clubs should be made by the Football League to only spend money according to their means say as they receive it, or at worse limit the amount of debt a club is allowed to have providing any debt is for the sole purpose of improving stadium infrastructure and facilities (i.e no debt allowed for the paying of players transfer fees or their wages). Clubs getting all money in up front and then blowing it straight away, with clubs not being able to afford paying players wages, creditors etc during the rest of the year (e.g. Portsmouth, Palace, Plymouth, - the list goes on and on) is a discgrace and should not be allowed to happen. This is what puts clubs out of business and gets fans annoyed and frustrated.

Anyway, all fans should be entitled to make make interest free payments for match tickets throught the season. Why pay up front for all matches - its not as if all matches take place just in August each year.

That makes good sense and is a viable business practice to all football clubs, Therefore don't expect the FL/FA or Prem to endorse any of it.

Common sense and the football authorites do NOT mix.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Not even on general sale yet so this is greattttt news:)

Not saying you're wrong, as i've not been paying much attention as i got mine a few weeks back, but are they not on general sale yet?
Thought i read somewhere they were now available to non STH's.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
everytime time I say to a mate (who supports a Prem team!) that we're paying in INTEREST FREE monthly installments they always sound amazed and happy for me, wonder if we've set a precedent for oither clubs to follow suit?, unless we nicked the idea from someone else of course but I thought we were the first?

I'm pretty sure was told yesterday that Norwich were the first club to have this sort of arrangement

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Not saying you're wrong, as i've not been paying much attention as i got mine a few weeks back, but are they not on general sale yet?
Thought i read somewhere they were now available to non STH's.

Only available to those on the database who can currently only purchase via a presentation, so not really on general sale yet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
9,000 is pretty good going, and yes adding 3,000 1901 that's 12,000. Getting on for treble the amount we have this season.
They said yesterday that there were 2500 1901 tickets and this was included in the current 9000ish total.
It was nearly 9000 last friday late on,... with 2600 1901 on top of that............ this was from the operations manager at the Amex.

can someone confirm the actual number of 1901 seats before all the speculation on who's been told what? i cant really see why they wouldn't count 1901 in the total STH count. either way, 9k is great.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great stuff, I really think the key to the high uptake has been the direct debit no interest option to spread the payments. It's a lot easier to find £30-£40 a month that it is to find £400-£500 in one go.

it suits the fans but it's a bigger benefit to the club's finances and cash flows - regular income every month for 12 months a year, payments in advance (so why would the fans be charged interest?) - at the beginning of April 2011 we will be paying for the 2011/12 season. How do we know "interest" hasn't been factored into the costs anyway?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
can someone confirm the actual number of 1901 seats before all the speculation on who's been told what? i cant really see why they wouldn't count 1901 in the total STH count. either way, 9k is great.
It was originally 2,500 but because of demand they added another 400 East stand 1901 tickets, so the total is now 2,900.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I thought part of the reason historically for football clubs getting people to pay for their season tickets in a lump sum during the close reason was to bolster the transfer kitty and bring revenue in to the club during the period with otherwise little sales. In my view the direct debit may impact the former but chances are you could convince the bank that the money will be coming... Smoothing out the revenue stream over the year though has to better though...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I thought part of the reason historically for football clubs getting people to pay for their season tickets in a lump sum during the close reason was to bolster the transfer kitty and bring revenue in to the club during the period with otherwise little sales. In my view the direct debit may impact the former but chances are you could convince the bank that the money will be coming... Smoothing out the revenue stream over the year though has to better though...

I think what people are forgetting is that come the first match everybody will have made 6 payments (the 1/12th deposit + Apr, May, Jun, Jul & Aug). Everybody will have paid by 1st February and I would guess the 2012/13 D/D's will start on 1st March 2012

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
All sounds very good in theory. A possible downside to the D/D situation is not everyone is good at keeping their finances in order for whatever reason, so what would happen if a D/D 'bounces' from someone's account due to lack of funds? Does their S/T card get de-activated, meaning no entry to the ground, and additionally, a fee being charged by their bank for the bounced payment? Then there is the question of making good any missed payments etc. I think the club admin bods will have their work cut out ???

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
All sounds very good in theory. A possible downside to the D/D situation is not everyone is good at keeping their finances in order for whatever reason, so what would happen if a D/D 'bounces' from someone's account due to lack of funds? Does their S/T card get de-activated, meaning no entry to the ground, and additionally, a fee being charged by their bank for the bounced payment? Then there is the question of making good any missed payments etc. I think the club admin bods will have their work cut out ???

But if you are paying at least 4 months in advance, it gives them plenty of time to sort out any issues or resell tickets if someone does have problems / drop out altogether.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Naylor yesterday suggested that the club expect to break the 10,000 barrier by the end of this week and I assume you can add the 3000 or so 1901 Club members on top of that figure?

I was have been listening to Richard Hebbard at the presentation this morning and he stated clearly that they were exactly 221 short of the 10,000 barrier so I reckon they will be over that by today. The 2900 1901 seats are definitely on top of that and that they were expecting to sell out season tickets completely which in his words is unheard of for a division 1 club.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I was have been listening to Richard Hebbard at the presentation this morning and he stated clearly that they were exactly 221 short of the 10,000 barrier so I reckon they will be over that by today. The 2900 1901 seats are definitely on top of that and that they were expecting to sell out season tickets completely which in his words is unheard of for a division 1 club.

Im sure they will sell out. Interest is massive, and there are people not on the ticketting database, who have 'registered an interest' and are yet to hear back ( so I understand ). It looks like we'll even have a ST waiting list..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Im sure they will sell out. Interest is massive, and there are people not on the ticketting database, who have 'registered an interest' and are yet to hear back ( so I understand ). It looks like we'll even have a ST waiting list..

I think anyone who rings up can book a presentation on the database or not. A freind of mine has never been to a Brighton home game in his life and is going to a presentation this week to buy a ticket for him and his 2 kids.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I think anyone who rings up can book a presentation on the database or not. A freind of mine has never been to a Brighton home game in his life and is going to a presentation this week to buy a ticket for him and his 2 kids.
Out of interest, why haven't they been to any games this season? It seems mad not to want to go to ANY, with us playing this well. They have presumably been to away games?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Out of interest, why haven't they been to any games this season? It seems mad not to want to go to ANY, with us playing this well. They have presumably been to away games?

A large majority of Brighton fans won't go to Withdean its been doen on here a million times to the reasons why. Anyone who underestimated the size of the stay away support is now being proved wrong.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A large majority of Brighton fans won't go to Withdean its been doen on here a million times to the reasons why. Anyone who underestimated the size of the stay away support is now being proved wrong.

More fool them. The football at Withdean has been great this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here