Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total STs sold ...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Naylor yesterday suggested that the club expect to break the 10,000 barrier by the end of this week and I assume you can add the 3000 or so 1901 Club members on top of that figure?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
9,000 is pretty good going, and yes adding 3,000 1901 that's 12,000. Getting on for treble the amount we have this season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
So thats about a 1,000 sold in the last week then, the figure given at the presentation i went to late on 1st of March was that they'd past 8,000 sold earlier that day. Great stuff, I really think the key to the high uptake has been the direct debit no interest option to spread the payments. It's a lot easier to find £30-£40 a month that it is to find £400-£500 in one go.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Great stuff, I really think the key to the high uptake has been the direct debit no interest option to spread the payments. It's a lot easier to find £30-£40 a month that it is to find £400-£500 in one go.

Agreed. Has worked well for other clubs in the last few years, so it was clever of the Albion to pick up, especially given the financial doom and gloom.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
So thats about a 1,000 sold in the last week then, the figure given at the presentation i went to late on 1st of March was that they'd past 8,000 sold earlier that day. Great stuff, I really think the key to the high uptake has been the direct debit no interest option to spread the payments. It's a lot easier to find £30-£40 a month that it is to find £400-£500 in one go.

everytime time I say to a mate (who supports a Prem team!) that we're paying in INTEREST FREE monthly installments they always sound amazed and happy for me, wonder if we've set a precedent for oither clubs to follow suit?, unless we nicked the idea from someone else of course but I thought we were the first?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
everytime time I say to a mate (who supports a Prem team!) that we're paying in INTEREST FREE monthly installments they always sound amazed and happy for me, wonder if we've set a precedent for oither clubs to follow suit?, unless we nicked the idea from someone else of course but I thought we were the first?

Will it continue the season after though too?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
no idea, hope so though!

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Allowing interest free monthly direct debit payments over a year to purchase match tickets is something the Football League should make all its clubs offer its fans. Clubs should be made by the Football League to only spend money according to their means say as they receive it, or at worse limit the amount of debt a club is allowed to have providing any debt is for the sole purpose of improving stadium infrastructure and facilities (i.e no debt allowed for the paying of players transfer fees or their wages). Clubs getting all money in up front and then blowing it straight away, with clubs not being able to afford paying players wages, creditors etc during the rest of the year (e.g. Portsmouth, Palace, Plymouth, - the list goes on and on) is a discgrace and should not be allowed to happen. This is what puts clubs out of business and gets fans annoyed and frustrated.

Anyway, all fans should be entitled to make make interest free payments for match tickets throught the season. Why pay up front for all matches - its not as if all matches take place just in August each year.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
As I understand it this will continue for as long as you maintain your direct debit mandate - bear in mind that you will be paying March to August, i.e. six months in advance, each year so the club always has a good cash flow throughout the year.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
They said yesterday that there were 2500 1901 tickets and this was included in the current 9000ish total.

I don't think that's right - as seagulls4ever has said. Think that the running total didn't include 1901ers but the only people that can tell us for sure are those lovely people at the club. I thought Insider said they were going to give an official figure but don't think anything has been published on the website?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'm pretty sure it's 9k without the 1901 Club. But I can provide you with no source.

It was nearly 9000 last friday late on,... with 2600 1901 on top of that............ this was from the operations manager at the Amex.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
It was nearly 9000 last friday late on,... with 2600 1901 on top of that............ this was from the operations manager at the Amex.

Still hope for all us 'Pick and choose your game' supporters then..

westy

Jul 25, 2003

I think the key has been the team being top of the League! Without that sales would be a lot slower.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
all but 12 1901 club seats had been sold as of the 15:30 presentation; they were expecting them to go by the end of this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here