Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The state of this

Never ceases to amaze me - anger me - sadden me - that a majority of people in this supposed advanced economy thought this absolute oaf of a human could be a decent leader

FFS 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_1215.png

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And yet Starmer had previously said that Jeremy Corbyn would be a great Prime Minister. So, accepting your view of Corbyn for this purpose, is Starmer a poor judge of character, or just untrustworthy?
It's all comparative. Would corbyn have partied during covid? Would he have set up schemes for his friends to get rich? Would he have missed 5 cobra meetings?

We will never know but I would think he would still have been better than johnson, Truss and sunak but it is a low bar. I think may, Cameron and major would have all been better than him

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That would be incredible....but I think a reasonable number of seats are pretty close, so could go a different way if the "undecideds" don't vote how the models predict. But fingers crossed they're right :)
I don't believe talk of a supermajority (whatever that means). Turning around 2019 was a huge mountain to climb. Yes the tory failures have shrunk the mountain but it still needs the biggest ever electoral swing to form a govt.

Shy tories and reform coalition may return home in the privacy of the ballot box. Even previous poor tories have got c30% votes

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If the tories were ousted as the official opposition I might actually explode. It would be possibly the most positive domestic political event in my lifetime. No way it'll happen but I'll dare to dream.
punk::lolol::rock::bounce::clap::banana::O:whisky::cheery::rave::flameboun:drool::kiss:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whatever happened to’Back to square one’?

Every Tory mouthpiece was quoting this nonsensical piece of puff not 3 weeks ago, I haven’t heard one of them use it for about 10 days now.
They realised it was actually quite popular IIRC as people heard it and thought “change all this shit that’s broken? Hell yes.”

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Our local free paper had an ad asking us to re-elect Nus Ghani. Must be an Independent as there was no mention of a party anywhere. Not one.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No wonder he wanted to stand down this time.

Certainly won't be the last ex-Tory minister / MP to be jumping on the bank / energy company / venture capitalist bandwagon for consultancies and non-exec directorships after Thursday. Their greedy snouts in the trough.

Jul 20, 2003
Following The Sun's announcement I've now got Bob Dylan, 'Positively 4th Street' stuck in my head.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Rishi Sunak has confided to members of his inner circle that he is fearful of losing his Yorkshire constituency at the general election, the Guardian has been told.

The prime minister, who would be the first sitting leader of the country to lose his seat, told confidants before a Conservative rally on Tuesday that he thought the vote in Richmond and Northallerton was too close to call.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Rishi Sunak has confided to members of his inner circle that he is fearful of losing his Yorkshire constituency at the general election, the Guardian has been told.

The prime minister, who would be the first sitting leader of the country to lose his seat, told confidants before a Conservative rally on Tuesday that he thought the vote in Richmond and Northallerton was too close to call.
Fearful or hopeful?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here