Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This:

Without any memory of this:

Their entire campaign seems to be an exercise in dramatic irony. :ROFLMAO:

What the Conservative job experience X poster has failed to say is that Sir Keir Starmer said 6pm on a Friday.

The double whammy, hitting the fan, is that his wife is Jewish, and 6pm on a Friday is the Shabbat meal with all of the family. He is an atheist but is honouring his wife's faith.

Any Brighton fan having a problem with Tony Bloom stopping work at 6pm on a Friday? Thought not.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When the actual fact is Kier Starmer said he would try not to work after 6pm on a Friday as its time with his kids. The tory spin is he won't work after 6pm every day and that's a part time prime minister!
And that stupid Maria what’s her face said he has said he is going to do a 4 day week.
for Lies, damned lies and statistics, now read Lies, Damned Lies and Tory electioneering. It really is pathetic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What the Conservative job experience X poster has failed to say is that Sir Keir Starmer said 6pm on a Friday.

The double whammy, hitting the fan, is that his wife is Jewish, and 6pm on a Friday is the Shabbat meal with all of the family. He is an atheist but is honouring his wife's faith.

Any Brighton fan having a problem with Tony Bloom stopping work at 6pm on a Friday? Thought not.
These Tories are extreme wankers.

And many would describe this sly message as anti-Semitic. Fancy that!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Just feels like every week they are getting more and more desperate. Why don't they talk more about their record in office?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The spin they put on it is so so desperate
Confirmation that they believe those who vote Tory are all as thick as pig shit.

That’s obviously not the case at all. And in treating the electorate with such disdain, they are in the process of writing the execution orders for the Conservative Party. Farage is waiting in the wings to take over. If he is elected and Rishi is not, he could be Tory leader very soon indeed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Confirmation that they believe those who vote Tory are all as thick as pig shit.

That’s obviously not the case at all. And in treating the electorate with such disdain, they are in the process of writing the execution orders for the Conservative Party. Farage is waiting in the wings to take over. If he is elected and Rishi is not, he could be Tory leader very soon indeed.
I don’t see how Farage would find himself leading the Tory’s

They are desperate but even they can see how ridiculous Farage is. He’s a laughing stock.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
"Hang Nelson Mandela". That was Johnson and Bullingdon chums.
When I was a student around 81 the Tory students responded to the slogan 'Abortion, a woman's right to choose' with 'Rape, a man's right to choose' I am sure a fair few Tory members would still guffaw at that now. I just hope they have the worst night of their lives on Thursday.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Totally agree - can’t help thinking it is an extremely prejudiced and ridiculous take on their view of the average red-wall voter

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
However, the latest polls suggest the labour lead is slipping and tories going up a few%. Rishi is getting excited and believing its not over yet! Surely, he can't win this?
The Labour lead has slipped because of voters switching to LibDem in seats where tactical voting will kick out a Tory. Some Reform voters are going back to voting Tory to give Rishi a hard on.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

The Labour lead has slipped because of voters switching to LibDem in seats where tactical voting will kick out a Tory. Some Reform voters are going back to voting Tory to give Rishi a hard on.
To be honest I ain't got a clue what the result is likely to be. These polls could be well off the mark. I hope and pray the tories get well beaten as they don't deserve to stay in power but it'll be a lot closer than polls suggest.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
However, the latest polls suggest the labour lead is slipping and tories going up a few%. Rishi is getting excited and believing it’s not over yet! Surely, he can't win this?
Is it the Labour lead going down or the racist reform now losing support arse over tit as people realise what they actually stand for? There is only so many votes they can grab back from the Tories though.

But beware shy Labour voters before you big up Lego Elvis and his band of abhorrent liars.

What do I mean by that? Well today, Wes Streeting ‘big upped’ the Liberal Democrat vote in Lewes as a way of purging our country of the Tory disease. There could be millions of SNP, Green and Lib Dem voters crossing a Labour box to get the Tory out. In addition, Owen Jones’ campaign to reduce the majority may well crash and burn. I suspect that 6% - 10% of hard left Labour voters who like Corbyn etc. will hold their nose and vote Labour if it means getting rid of a Tory.

I may be wrong. The centre right vote might go Tory again but I’ve got a feeling that this useless and self interested cabal are going to take one hell of a kicking. One that they’ll hopefully not recover from. I’d love to see the Lib Dems take the centre right and build a proper opposition to Labour.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
https://yougov.co.uk/politics/artic...oting-tactically-at-the-2024-general-election
tact.PNG
Bloomberg.JPG

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here