Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Well, at least the Tories have stopped the boats.

Oh hang on.....

View attachment 184751

Yes, yes, they can't stop the boats till the planes to Rwanda take off. They are all there ready to take off, but Sunk is holding this back till after the GE, as a present to us all for voting Tory. :love:

f*** of Sunk - how stupid do you think we are? ???
Had another dose of The Rage when I saw a clip from last night's debate. There was Sunak saying that migrants were sat around just waiting for Labour to get in and how scared they all were of being shipped off to Rwanda.

Utter, utter turnip! Just putting words in the mouths of the voiceless. I haven't seen a single news item with a potential refugee actually voicing those opinions. Just Sunak pulling words out of his fundament to fashion a fictitious narrative.

Bah Pfft Tchoh Tut etc...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Who cares though really - on the list of things to care about or even to be outraged about…? This is an absolute irrelevance, except to the media.

The betting rules are extremely difficult to enforce and the bit about inside information is vague.

If A decides the date and tells B - B tells C and D and C and D tell E through to Z …who is not allowed to bet on it ??? Basically A and B that’s it anything else is fair game. As far as the gambling commission is concerned the biggest offence listed here is betting on yourself to lose believe it or not!!
I do, the numbers may be small but its about standards in public life which is something the Tories have really damaged.

We need a clear out of these people, they have no place in our democracy

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who cares though really - on the list of things to care about or even to be outraged about…? This is an absolute irrelevance, except to the media.

The betting rules are extremely difficult to enforce and the bit about inside information is vague.

If A decides the date and tells B - B tells C and D and C and D tell E through to Z …who is not allowed to bet on it ??? Basically A and B that’s it anything else is fair game. As far as the gambling commission is concerned the biggest offence listed here is betting on yourself to lose believe it or not!!
That's true if it is a sport or something else where you are in control of your own destiny.

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
From what I read (but don’t understand ) about he bets is the original Met officer was arrested for placing bets on the date of the election whereas the Tories who are involved are just being investigated.

Definitely seems like one rule for them and another for everyone else there and Sunak failing to deal with it and show leadership has just been the same story as every scandal he’s been in charge of, do nothing, say he’s waiting for a review to be completed until he eventually caves in as the story isn’t going away

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I do, the numbers may be small but its about standards in public life which is something the Tories have really damaged.

We need a clear out of these people, they have no place in our democracy
Shocked! Shocked I say to discover gambling is happening in here🙄

……. Your winnings sir !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You believe no one cares whether Politicians are lying to the electorate and using their position and knowledge in Government to line their own pockets ?

Amongst the defences I have seen of the current cabal, that's one of the more desperate ones :laugh:

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
You believe no one cares whether Politicians are lying to the electorate and using their position and knowledge in Government to line their own pockets ?

Amongst the defences I have seen of the current cabal, that's one of the more desperate ones :laugh:
I don’t defend the cabal so keep your laughing emojis to yourself … I’m saying it’s unlikely anyone has done anything wrong here and I personally don’t care who’s betting on what !! Anyone who likes a bet and was told the date of the next election would have made hay .. myself included!!!

It’s just what do you choose to care about …or in your case make a fuss about??

Do I think Sir Keir Starmer technically broke lockdown rules when he had a beer and a curry? Of course he did …. Do I give a F?? Absolutely not …did Angela Raynor dodge her couple of grand tax when she blatantly rented out her house to her brother and lived elsewhere??? Of course she did - but so what. I didn’t even care when Ramsden and Fallon had it off with Top Cees in the Chester Cup.

My point although god knows why I’m explaining it to you, is of all the incompetence and recklessness of this Conservative government … of all the backhanded money making self serving criminal behaviour….. why would anyone choose to care about someone having a bet that was unlikely to be against the rules???

And you read that as me defending the Conservatives ?? Have a word with yourself WZ

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t defend the cabal so keep your laughing emojis to yourself … I’m saying it’s unlikely anyone has done anything wrong here and I personally don’t care who’s betting on what !! Anyone who likes a bet and was told the date of the next election would have made hay .. myself included!!!

Do I think Sir Keir Starmer technically broke lockdown rules when he had a beer and a curry? Of course he did …. Do I give a F?? Absolutely not …did Angela Raynor dodge her couple of grand tax when she blatantly rented out her house to her brother and lived elsewhere??? Of course she did - but so what. I didn’t even care when Ramsden and Fallon had it off with Top Cees in the Chester Cup.

My point although god knows why I’m explaining it to you, is of all the incompetence and recklessness of this Conservative government … of all the backhanded money making self serving criminal behaviour….. why would anyone choose to care about someone having a bet that was unlikely to be against the rules???

And you read that as me defending the Conservatives ?? Have a word with yourself WZ
You’re wrong about the lockdown rules and Angela Raynor whether you give a F or not.

You choose to believe lies, but it’s your life. :shrug:

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
You’re wrong about the lockdown rules and Angela Raynor whether you give a F or not.

You choose to believe lies, but it’s your life. :shrug:
You’re walking down the road and you bump into Tony Bloom - have a few quid on RDZ at 8/1 he says - we’re gonna announce him in the morning….

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You claim no one cares whether the Government are lying to the electorate and using their position and knowledge in Government to line their own pockets ?

You keep repeating lies put out by the Conservative media team, long after they were investigated, debunked and proven legally to be complete lies ?

duck.jpg

:thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Very silly and naive post.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Presumably you think the insider trading rules work in the same way 🙄

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
America was meant to be Britain’s route to the sunlit uplands of Brexit. Then, after hopes of a free trade deal evaporated, successive Conservative governments have set their sights lower, by trying to forge closer ties with individual US states.

Now the civil servants responsible for delivering those state-level deals have been let go, in what a furious British businessman described as “an act of arson”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here