Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rishi Sunak has confided to members of his inner circle that he is fearful of losing his Yorkshire constituency at the general election, the Guardian has been told.

The prime minister, who would be the first sitting leader of the country to lose his seat, told confidants before a Conservative rally on Tuesday that he thought the vote in Richmond and Northallerton was too close to call.
A friend of mine lives in his constituency. She's been out campaigning every day for the past week (she was with Angela Rayner last night) and they're not confident of a win but are quietly optimistic. It will be close

(I'm fully expecting a drunken call from her in the early hours of Friday morning if Labour do win)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Worth reading round, but it appears Johnny Mercer's wife (the one with a long time spat with two from the top Carol on twitter) rang the police because she was upset by an anti Mercer demo organised by ex-servicemen.

Even the Telegraph are covering it.

Mr Mercer said: “I have nothing against you. But you can’t come here and do this the day before the election."

Mrs Mercer: “I’m standing on Derriford roundabout, and I’ve got some people with banners saying ‘Johnny Judas Mercer’ and ‘Johnny Mercer out’. I’d like some police sent down please.”

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Worth reading round, but it appears Johnny Mercer's wife (the one with a long time spat with two from the top Carol on twitter) rang the police because she was upset by an anti Mercer demo organised by ex-servicemen.

Even the Telegraph are covering it.

Mr Mercer said: “I have nothing against you. But you can’t come here and do this the day before the election."

Mrs Mercer: “I’m standing on Derriford roundabout, and I’ve got some people with banners saying ‘Johnny Judas Mercer’ and ‘Johnny Mercer out’. I’d like some police sent down please.”

Police attended and veterans 'dispersed'.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
rees mogg.jpg

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A former Conservative minister has accused his party of corruption after officials admitted they launched an investigation into him over comments that were alleged to have been antisemitic, despite a lack of any formal complaint.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Congratulations to Heather Hallett for a forensic examination of Covid preparedness under the disastrous 14 years of Tory government. Particularly pleased that she's not just focused on contingency planning but also on the decline in health outcomes and the rise in health inequalities alongside the effects of austerity and the implicit critique of Osborne for that dreadful policy that enveloped the entirety of those 14 years of dragging the country down:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let’s have a quick check in on how well the Tory front bench is hacking being in opposition with nobody listening to them

Oh dear.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mad Nads is sailing very close to the wind here with some of her accusations. Two very long Tweets, but worth a read.

after couple of paragraphs concluded it probably isn't. some revelations that people in politics know each other :ohmy:
then decsent into her team have been bullied by their team :rolleyes:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Tory Government really did basically see taxpayers money as their own personal piggy bank, didn’t they?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The flight stuff is lols

It would have saved the tax payers money.
Mainly, it seems, as she wouldn't have travelled business class. Of course, she could simply have gone to Mexico not using business class - which presumably would have saved the tax payer money as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here