Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
Not forgetting the lefty international money markets and the communist hedge fund managers
And of course those woke b@stards the OBR and BoE. It’s wrong to take aim at the afflicted but she comes off as a haunted ventriloquist’s puppet…only with less self awareness.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_2022.jpeg

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Braverman today:

"I know they have tried to make me into a hate figure because I tell the truth.
The blunt, unvarnished truth about what is happening in our country."

"I tell the truth" She said. Does she?

From her resignation letter to Liz Truss:

"Earlier today, I sent an official document from my personal email to a trusted parliamentary colleague as part of policy engagement, and with the aim of garnering support for government policy on migration. This constitutes a technical infringement of the rules … nevertheless it is right for me to go. Pretending we haven’t made mistakes, carrying on as if everyone can’t see that we have made them, and hoping that things will magically come right is not serious politics. I have made a mistake; I accept responsibility; I resign."

Six days later, this was proven to be falacious cant as she accepted Sunak's offer to return to the government in the same job.

Introducing her immigration bill in March:
"Let's be honest, there are 100 million people around the world who could qualify for protection under our current rules. Let's be clear they are coming here."

Let's be honest Suella? Honest? https://fullfact.org/immigration/suella-braverman-100-million-claim/

On her own CV - From the Big Issue: Claims by new Home Secretary Suella Braverman that she “contributed” to a legal textbook have been rubbished by the book’s author – who says she merely did some photocopying for him.

She also stated that "almost all" members of grooming gangs were British Pakistani men, when in reality a report from her own Home Office had already shown this statement to be false.

We'll forgive her office briefing newspapers that her views had been made clear to Essex police over gollywogs being seized from a pub, as, although this was proven to be a false statement, it only came from her office, not her mouth.

With the recent discussion of Madness, 'Shut up' springs to mind. Both for "I'm as honest as the day is long, the longer the daylight, the less I do wrong," and for another, more obvious, reason.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't get how the Tories are saying they are blocking a Meat Tax but most meat is still about 30% more expensive now than it was 18 months back...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Delivers that speech then goes outside and treads on a Guide Dog

Absolute wrong 'un

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This is what happens when you quietly disagree with the Home Secretary.

Just Stop Oil ? No he's the Conservative Chair of the London Assembly :lolol:

Don’t worry, those staunch defenders of free speech, GBeebies will be along any second now to defend his rights. Any second now. Right now. Now. They are coming, aren’t they?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is what happens when you quietly disagree with the Home Secretary.

Just Stop Oil ? No he's the Conservative Chair of the London Assembly :lolol:

A Conservative who actually has the balls to call out what the extremists have done to his party. A very rare individual :down:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The Tory party under Cameron that legalised Gay marriage is the nice Australian girl who was here last week. But now they're back:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
heckler is bit weird though, having 3 cameras, stewards on standby to pounce on a bearly audible comment. seems rather prepared.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here