Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Delivers that speech then goes outside and treads on a Guide Dog

Absolute wrong 'un

IMG_3444.jpeg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
heckler is bit weird though, having 3 cameras, stewards on standby to pounce on a bearly audible comment. seems rather prepared.

Or maybe it wasn't the first thing he said, which was why the cameras, stewards and police where right where he was ready to pounce. But you're probably right, it'll be a conspiracy set up to embarrass the Conservative party by er .................. conservative party members :rolleyes:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Or maybe it wasn't the first thing he said, which was why the cameras, stewards and police where right where he was ready to pounce. But you're probably right, it'll be a conspiracy set up to embarrass the Conservative party by er .................. conservative party members :rolleyes:
Damn Tories, why must they keep making the Tories look bad?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sounds like she has gone almost full " Rivers of Blood " today, oh the irony !

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Remember that Truss was incredibly popular with the members which led to her absolutely thrashing Sunak in the leadership contest
Because she was white.
Y'know there's just some things on the Internet that I know, without a shadow of a doubt, will make my life worse if I view them. And this is one of those things.

A video that will be forever left un-played.
Too right. No fukken way am I watching that. My cringe pipes wouldn't survive.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I am certainly not writing them off.

yet your rhetoric is so consistently adamant that they are finished as a (current) political force and are unelectable. To be honest I dislike some of your regular phraseology (and before you say it, I don't expect you to care) but I agree. So I am genuinely interested to know why you have doubts

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently lots of Tory delegates leaving early because of the rail strike tomorrow thereby missing Sunaks confirmation of cancelling HS2 !

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Confirmed it’s canned

Confirmed all week, but they refuse to say so. It was leaked from the Treasury.

Instead of announcing it to Parliament (which he should), he will announce it to a friendly audience in the very city they have sold down the river.

Sunak is a coward. Refuses to give straight answers to the press and refuses to stand up to the now fully confirmed far right element in his party.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
yet your rhetoric is so consistently adamant that they are finished as a (current) political force and are unelectable. To be honest I dislike some of your regular phraseology (and before you say it, I don't expect you to care) but I agree. So I am genuinely interested to know why you have doubts

I don't know about him, but I have been absolutely stunned by the idiocy of the British electorate over the last few years despite mountains of evidence showing exactly what would happen. Given that, I'm still a little concerned what they may do in 12 months time (or less).

There is a reason that Joseph de Maistre said "Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle mérite."

And the simple fact is that the British electorate thoroughly deserve the cabal that are currently in power. Have they learnt anything from it ? We'll see :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
heckler is bit weird though, having 3 cameras, stewards on standby to pounce on a bearly audible comment. seems rather prepared.

I'm not so sure. That would be a good position to get audience "cut aways", he's right at the front and that's where the stewards would be.

Whoever films it doesn't appear to be bothered to follow him out of the audience either.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unelected, not a Conservative Party candidate Farage seems to be having a better time at the conference than Sunak.

Rather concerningly it looks as though there is someone making a move on Patel right at the end there...!

This is what happens when you quietly disagree with the Home Secretary.

Just Stop Oil ? No he's the Conservative Chair of the London Assembly :lolol:

Why are the Police involved here??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here