Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Bit disappointing she didn't pay Rishi Sunak any real and respectful compliments for a fair and well contested leadership race. Although you could see the relief on Rishi's face in his generous applause for her. He has dodged a bullet, while retaining his dignity. This has disaster written all over it now.

An unfaithful, eccentric slapper running the country. :facepalm:

Enough about the incumbent, what about Truss?

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
She has already got her very own 3 word slogan, so beloved by the right wing of this Sceptred Isles.

“We will deliver “ repeated 3 times.

I already feel that we will be in safe hands.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I bet the help includes free pork chops for :everyone - shame we can't afford to cook them.

Hello there, Westdene Seagull.
As you are aka Cap’n Carl Firecrotch, perhaps you could place those pork chops in the vicinity of your testicles and give them a good searing.
Remember that pork should be well cooked though.::lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good news. Only got to survive* until the next election and a good three or so terms of Labour beckon. Vote Truss, get Starmer :thumbsup:

*of course, if you're a pensioner or disabled and have a heating bill to pay.....

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'll give the New Clown a chance providing she sticks with the Northern Ireland Protocol as the country signed and agreed.

If she "rips it up", I'll despise her.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'll give the New Clown a chance providing she sticks with the Northern Ireland Protocol as the country signed and agreed.

If she "rips it up", I'll despise her.

Yep...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    52.8 KB · Views: 129

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Worth highlighting that in her acceptance speech, Liz indicated that she'll win the next election in 2024. So we've got at least 20 months of her as PM.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That's because you are a hard leftist. It's like going on the Palace forum after we beat them looking for praise.
She could have have given a speech like Churchill and you will still find fault.

Just like Brighton this country is blue 👌🤣

I am not and never have been a hard leftist.
For the last 50 odd years since my late teens I would describe myself as a slightly left of centre moderate social democrat.
Churchill would be turning in his grave at the thought of the speech and the policies that this stupid woman is putting foward.
This country isn't as blue as you think. I am convinced my own MP (Winchester) is resigned to losing his seat at the next election.
If I had an ignore list, you would be on it, but I haven't because you are good entertainment value.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sounds like she’s bringing in some sort furlough like plan for gas bills, they cover x amount and we top up the rest.

I’m sure that’s going to work out ok.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I have some sympathy with that. I will be interested to see who is in the senior cabinet jobs after the next few days, and what she might announce.

I am not, however, holding out a great deal of hope. Simply put, I have zero hope that she will be any good, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

Do you really think any of the sensible conservatives who haven't left the party and wouldn't serve under Johnson will now serve under Truss ?

I'm afraid we will still have the same scrapings of the barrel in Cabinet. Not so much shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic, more like shuffling the remaining turds in the cat litter :rolleyes:

I've already changed my mind! We are definitely going to hell in a handcart.
I think the best thing that could happen tomorrow is for the Queen to turn her away when she gets to Balmoral tomorrow.

I've just been told on here that, just like Brighton, this country is blue. Is that the right colour for racist/fascist? She is going to extend the Rwanda thing and sign agreements with other countries. It doesn't work, Liz. It's inhuman. It's inhumane. It's in contravention of international law. Plenty of decent Conservatives will be appalled by it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is like a new 20 million pound striker signing on deadline day. Very exciting. Mrs Truss will be unveiled as our new leader shortly.

Congratulations Liz.
Are you going to predict another "landslide" like you did for Trump ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here