Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
she won 57% of the vote, the lowest EVER margin for an elected leader

If 57% is a slim margin I wonder what you call 52%?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I just heard her speech:

"... I will deliver on the energy crisis, dealing with people's bills... and I will deliver on the NHS."

Its a load of nonsense.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I wonder how many of the racist coffin dodgers in the Tory party membership who voted for her, croaked before she became PM.
(probably a lot less than if the ballot was held this winter mind!)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I just heard her speech:

"... I will deliver on the energy crisis, dealing with people's bills... and I will deliver on the NHS."

Its a load of nonsense.

She's a terrible speaker, but so were May and Johnson so it doesn't seem to matter in the Conservative party

Mind you, among party leaders in my lifetime, Foot was the best orator and the worst leader, so there's no correlation whatever the party

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
She's a terrible speaker, but so were May and Johnson so it doesn't seem to matter in the Conservative party

Mind you, among party leaders in my lifetime, Foot was the best orator and the worst leader, so there's no correlation whatever the party

Well, it's not just how she delivers her speeches, which is very awkward, it's what she says, she needs a new speechwriter ASAP. Thought Johnson was good at speaking TBH, part of the reason lot's of people like him I think.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Quite a few parallels between Johnson and Truss, both don't use their real name and both lack integrity in pivoting toward whatever satisfies their personal ambition.

Whether Truss is as anti-democratic and Trumpesque as Johnson, time will tell

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Worth highlighting that in her acceptance speech, Liz indicated that she'll win the next election in 2024. So we've got at least 20 months of her as PM.

There rumours in some papers a couple of days ago that if she won some Tories were planning a vote of no confidence by the end of the year. Welcome to 20 months of broken, sorry, no government.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There rumours in some papers a couple of days ago that if she won some Tories were planning a vote of no confidence by the end of the year. Welcome to 20 months of broken, sorry, no government.

As a wise man once said to me 'to get what you want, you may have to do a deal with the devil'.

Only 20 months left to run on that deal then :wink:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I just heard her speech:

Its a load of nonsense.

"I will be A N Other Murdoch puppet to keep Britain a plutocracy, to serve the interests of the wealthy at the expense of the poorest"

"....and It doesn't matter how poor they get - they'll still vote for me"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I just heard her speech:

Its a load of nonsense.

My thoughts too, it was RA RA waffle and delivered with zero charisma

I am not expecting she’ll be anything other than out of her depth with the challenges she faces

In fact I can’t think of a single current politician who would be able to deliver anything other than a continuing cluster ****

Depressing

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Fb5-gUWXkAEM_B1.jpg

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve just heard the new cabinet referred to on BBC News as Team Truss.

Can we just call them Jock Strap?

Pritti Patel resigned with the express understanding that she will be allowed to continue bullying migrants in her own time.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I’ve just heard the new cabinet referred to on BBC News as Team Truss.

Can we just call them Jock Strap?

Pritti Patel resigned with the express understanding that she will be allowed to continue bullying migrants in her own time.

They always have Braverman on the bench to step in and fill the role of right wing narcissist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here