Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Are you going to predict another "landslide" like you did for Trump ???

He constantly links football with his Rwanda Panda Party. I don't think he is able to 'read the room' anymore than the politicians he slavishly endorses.....

Liz Truss' unveiling could easily be her best moment in the top job

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I thought she was an ignorant person not stopping and shaking Sunak's hand on her way to the rostrum having been announced as the winner :shrug:

As I say, maybe just me.

I reckon she already knew she'd won from the smug look on her face before the announcement

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I thought she was an ignorant person not stopping and shaking Sunak's hand on her way to the rostrum having been announced as the winner :shrug:

Whether old fashioned or not, gracelessness and division is the standard this government have set as the norm so it is not surprising really....

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

As I say, maybe just me.

I reckon she already knew she'd won from the smug look on her face before the announcement

They were both told the result 10 minutes before the official announcement (just as per By-Elections)

Could have shaken his hand for the cameras anyway I suppose.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Whether old fashioned or not, gracelessness and division is the standard this government have set as the norm so it is not surprising really....

Two of about 300 piss-poor qualities and standards the once respectable Conservatives (many, many years ago) have adopted. I'm surprised Sunak hasn't called it a fix, fake news, and demanded a recount.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Pound at it's weakest for nearly 40 years, Tories ruining the economy.

Where are all the "it would be so much worse under labour" brigade these days?

[tweet]1566816338525437955[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Well I was surprised and it annoyed me, probably more than it should have done :shrug:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
According to the Mirror, there are 12 Tory MPs already planning on sending letters of no confidence to Graham Brady. I've no idea whether that's true or not, but I do know that Truss is on a very sticky wicket. She's not the first choice among MPs and she has the lowest percentage of votes that any Conservative leader has mustered since members have voted.

It won't take much to get the MPs jittery.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
According to the Mirror, there are 12 Tory MPs already planning on sending letters of no confidence to Graham Brady. I've no idea whether that's true or not, but I do know that Truss is on a very sticky wicket. She's not the first choice among MPs and she has the lowest percentage of votes that any Conservative leader has mustered since members have voted.

These could be bumble****’s brigade who want him back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pound at it's weakest for nearly 40 years, Tories ruining the economy.

Where are all the "it would be so much worse under labour" brigade these days?

[tweet]1566816338525437955[/tweet]

Euro is under $1 and lowest for 20 years, Europe wide is a complete mess v dollar - I imagine due to them not relying on Russia.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
She's another Theresa May; socially awkward, devoid of personality and obsessed with political mantras (We will deliver)

She will not last long and will be remembered, if at all, as a footnote in history.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
She's another Theresa May; socially awkward, devoid of personality and obsessed with political mantras (We will deliver)

She will not last long and will be remembered, if at all, as a footnote in history.

Quite looking forward to her first PMQ's

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well I was surprised and it annoyed me, probably more than it should have done :shrug:

Yes... I suppose unfortunately my feelings towards this awful government have tipped from scepticism to cynicism. Your enduring sensitivity is a genuine virtue.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Great.

No doubt Johnson could stand in another election.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Precisely 4 seconds after being announced as the new conservative leader the knives are out. To her credit the first thing that she did was to applaud and big up Rishi Sunak in her speech.

She may turn out to be a wally like her predecessor or she might be ok, but either way I'll wait a while before passing judgement.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Euro is under $1 and lowest for 20 years, Europe wide is a complete mess v dollar - I imagine due to them not relying on Russia.

I thought being an independent soveriegn nation free from the shackles of the EU would insulate us from this? We've taken back control...?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Not sure Brexit has got much to do with Ukraine.

Nothing that I can see, it's tough for a lot of the world at the moment :thumbsup:

But falling currencies normally have a silver lining of a corresponding rise in Exports for most countries and blocs that haven't purposely suppressed and inhibited their export industry with additional costs and procedures. Maybe that's the difference between a 20 year low and a 40 year low :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here