Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Weird, why resign when you know there is at least a reshuffle coming.

The court case to determine whether the Rwanda transports are legal or not began today. I imagine Patel is using Truss’ appointment as cover for resigning over the Rwanda matter.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There rumours in some papers a couple of days ago that if she won some Tories were planning a vote of no confidence by the end of the year. Welcome to 20 months of broken, sorry, no government.

I doubt this, because:
1, they might release rumours to journalists, but that's something quite different from calling a no-confidence vote
2, the Tories still have a big majority (even if it is very slowly reducing in size)

20 (or so) months it is, I suspect.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I’ve just heard the new cabinet referred to on BBC News as Team Truss.

Can we just call them Jock Strap?

Pritti Patel resigned with the express understanding that she will be allowed to continue bullying migrants in her own time.

give her a one way ticket to Rwanda as a golden handshake

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Weird, why resign when you know there is at least a reshuffle coming.
She knows she was not going to get a job, she chose the time of her ending, the only power she had left.

The first of many job losses under Truss.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My prediction is that Truss will implement some kind of short term energy cost relief and then spend two years saying she got the big decisions right, a la Boris Johnson.

When in fact she should be fighting for better wages and a £15 minimum wage so that people are not in the position of having g to choose which children to feed and whether they can heat their home or not.

Wages need to go up, costs need to come down. End of.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
The big con going on is that the energy companies were making BILLIONS whilst we had a £2,000pa energy price cap. They then say it'll go up to £3,500 and we all drop to the floor in horror...

The Tories then come charging in on their white horses to save us peasants and wrestle the energy companies back down to £2,000. We all stare in wonderment, wring our hands and doff our caps in thanks.

The energy companies quietly go about making BILLIONS as they did before, but this time we're grateful.

We're being conned, and it's a plan....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The big con going on is that the energy companies were making BILLIONS whilst we had a £2,000pa energy price cap. They then say it'll go up to £3,500 and we all drop to the floor in horror...

The Tories then come charging in on their white horses to save us peasants and wrestle the energy companies back down to £2,000. We all stare in wonderment, wring our hands and doff our caps in thanks.

The energy companies quietly go about making BILLIONS as they did before, but this time we're grateful.

They will be kicking the can down the road and we'll all pay later. The primary producers will continue to make billions.

They will try and spin it as looking after ordinary folk. Big business and mystery funded think tanks will be pulling the strings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

could read this, including the side panel, for some understanding, and why they are in danger of going bust at the same time as reporting profits. https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https://www.ft.com/content/1e411910-45fa-475a-bbe6-9e9c76594778

Last edited:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The tory party members really are trolling the country aren't they? Again.

Basically Johnson in drag. You trade out the king complex for Dunning–Kruger. Neither remotely fit for the purpose of PM.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Who wants to pay £2000 a year for energy for the next decade?

Welcome Team Truss @twats.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The court case to determine whether the Rwanda transports are legal or not began today. I imagine Patel is using Truss’ appointment as cover for resigning over the Rwanda matter.

Or is she just resigning so that she can trumpet that she went of her own volition before she was sacked by Truss to be replaced, so they say, by the potentially (almost certainly) even worse Suella Braverman.

Even worse in that she probably wants to go further in all the extreme policies that Patel has pursued, but also even worse in that she is probably even less capable.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My thoughts too, it was RA RA waffle and delivered with zero charisma

I am not expecting she’ll be anything other than out of her depth with the challenges she faces

In fact I can’t think of a single current politician who would be able to deliver anything other than a continuing cluster ****

Depressing

Zero charisma!!!! she's hardly a stunning orator! I like Keir Starmer but realise that he is not the most exciting person on the planet, but Liz Truss makes him seem wonderfully exciting.

And she needs a new speech-writer.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Am I the only one concerned that Liz Truss,s biggest backers were Jacob Rees Mogg and Nadine Dories..?

Both of whom would happily have had Boris Johnsons babies.

The incoming new PM is clearly out of her depth...so who is next in line 12 months time ..?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Am I the only one concerned that Liz Truss,s biggest backers were Jacob Rees Mogg and Nadine Dories..?

Both of whom would happily have had Boris Johnsons babies.

The incoming new PM is clearly out of her depth...so who is next in line 12 months time ..?
Johnson will be back. Unlike Trump's return, I think it will actually happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here