Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
[MENTION=12475]jcdenton08[/MENTION], why have you put 'My vision is augmented' as your strapline? What has augmented it?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Superb interview just now on LBC between Andrew Marr and Chris Patten. In summary, Patten thinks that the present Conservative Party being reelected would be a disaster, and in particular would lead to the break up of the United Kingdom. His best line: the words "Nadine Dorries" and "Culture" should not be mentioned in the same sentence".

Needless to say, he is probably just a miserable Remoaner.

Sturgeon wants Johnson to stick around, he is destroying the Union of nations. This has been obvious for a while

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Your prejudice against the BBC. I'm beginning to worry you may have recently experienced a TIA.

Ar you going to stop messing about now?

Prejudice against the BBC? Good grief. I don't like the BBC's editorial policy. I'm sure you don't like The Sun either, "prejudice" is a very strong word.

I suppose the difference is I'm forced to help fund the BBC by virtue of owning a television, and you're not forced to fund the operations of rag tabloids.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
[MENTION=12475]jcdenton08[/MENTION], why have you put 'My vision is augmented' as your strapline? What has augmented it?

Myself, I use pound shop readers. I've reached the age where I need them to make out CD catalogue numbers when putting them in Discogs.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I see another BJ coverup is brewing the Times Newspaper was apparently going run a story regarding Carrie Johnson being offered a position of Cheif of Staff when BJ was foreign secretary at a time when they were dating and as such I assume a conflict of interest, Number 10 got to hear about the story and contacted the Times and the story was never printed

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
They wouldn't. Because it isn't news. It's a dressed up medical journal piece (of which hundreds by more credible sources are published annually) chosen for publication solely because it touches on an issue which may tangentially involve minorities.

Oh, for ****s sake, they, like any news site, have to fill their column inches - sometimes the articles aren't NEWS but pieces of interest - though clearly not to you!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Prejudice against the BBC? Good grief. I don't like the BBC's editorial policy. I'm sure you don't like The Sun either, "prejudice" is a very strong word.

I suppose the difference is I'm forced to help fund the BBC by virtue of owning a television, and you're not forced to fund the operations of rag tabloids.

I'm standing by prejudice. You have offered no explanation for why you think the BBC is left wing (meant in a pejorative way). Whether you feel you are being forced to pay for the BBC and have no choice whereas I can choose to not buy the Sun is completely irrelevant. If you simply object to the license fee that's an entirely different conversation.

Incidentally, I was wondering....would you like to have a chat with my cat?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see another BJ coverup is brewing the Times Newspaper was apparently going run a story regarding Carrie Johnson being offered a position of Cheif of Staff when BJ was foreign secretary at a time when they were dating and as such I assume a conflict of interest, Number 10 got to hear about the story and contacted the Times and the story was never printed

Is this not the same story reported on NSc a couple of days ago?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Nope. I'm more confused than before. Why don't you enlighten me?

No problem. Deus Ex is a PC game from 2000 by Ion Storm, the main character is named JC Denton (the 08 refers to the year I registered). The story takes place in a dystopian cyberpunk universe, run by Megacorps. To control the population, government funded agencies manufactured a deadly plague called the "Grey Death", whilst simulataneously producing the only cure/vaccine.

There are lots of machinations, secret governments, Illuminati, black helicopters - all that fun stuff.

You start as a nanoaugmented peacekeeping agent for the story's equivalent of NATO, but eventually expose the shadow government, travelling to New York, Hong Kong, Paris and finally Area 51, before choosing a path for the future of mankind.

It's fun, very well-written conspiracy fluff and is widely considered one of the greatest games ever made.

JC Denton has a number of deadpan one-liners. For instance, due to his eyes being augmented to see better in the dark and thus glow bright blue, he wears sunglasses 24/7. When asked why he is wearing them in a night of operation, he says "my vision is augmented".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
And his spokesperson won't 'go into' whether he jumped the NHS queue to get this done; which means he most certainly did. One rule etc.

Not only jumped the queue but lied. Anaesthetists and surgeons immediately responding that he couldn’t be operated on under GA and then released so wuickly

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Why don't you just imagine that they're spending your bit on the parts of the BBC that you do like? None of my 159 quid goes to Alan Shearer's wages, Casualty or the wall to wall Wimbledon coverage. In previous years it has variously been spent entirely on John Peel programmes, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, BBC4 music docs and This Country. This year it contributed only to Jon Ronson's fantastic 'Things Fell Apart' Radio documentary series: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m0011cpr I always get value for my money. Someone else must be paying for the crap bits.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
half the people who claim to be left wing have fallen for the same con, believing that having liberal personal politics makes you left wing. It doesn't. It makes you personally liberal. Its just as easy to couple these social views with right wing economic values as it is with left wing ones.

Indeed. In fact I'd argue it makes more sense to hold both socially liberal and economically liberal, eg,right wing, views (and then maybe write an Orange Book about it or something and take over the Lib Dems). If you believe that the state should stay out of our lives as much as possible, then surely that would apply to what we do with our naughty bits in bed, or how we choose to identify, as much as to what we do with our money?

I dont think the likes of Cameron, Osbone and Johnson care too much about the poor being poor (as long as the state stays small and their mates stay rich), but I also genuinely don't think they give a shite if you want to marry someone of the same gender, or if you know that your sex and your gender are not aligned. Unlike Thatcher, who really was a nasty illiberal old cow.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
No problem. Deus Ex is a PC game from 2000 by Ion Storm, the main character is named JC Denton (the 08 refers to the year I registered). The story takes place in a dystopian cyberpunk universe, run by Megacorps. To control the population, government funded agencies manufactured a deadly plague called the "Grey Death", whilst simulataneously producing the only cure/vaccine.

There are lots of machinations, secret governments, Illuminati, black helicopters - all that fun stuff.

You start as a nanoaugmented peacekeeping agent for the story's equivalent of NATO, but eventually expose the shadow government, travelling to New York, Hong Kong, Paris and finally Area 51, before choosing a path for the future of mankind.

It's fun, very well-written conspiracy fluff and is widely considered one of the greatest games ever made.

JC Denton has a number of deadpan one-liners. For instance, due to his eyes being augmented to see better in the dark and thus glow bright blue, he wears sunglasses 24/7. When asked why he is wearing them in a night of operation, he says "my vision is augmented".

OK. As a father of a 22 year old son into gaming, albeit on different games, I can offer a slightly different perspective. His take on many things is very different to mine. Not necessarily wrong. Just different. He often surprises me with how perceptive and astute he can be. He appears to be able to very accurately judge people, and sum them up very quickly.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/show...:text=Yesterday, 16:05-,#9477,-franks brother

Was in the early edition, pulled from later print runs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here