Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We have a democratically elected government with a large majority doing its best to lose the next GE ... that's it.

Using hysterically innacurate terms such as coup or fascism or seeing conspiracies everywhere is just embarrassing and silly.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Do you really think so? . . . l don't.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
The Editor of the Sunday Times just said that staff had to ban Boris from having red boxes in his flat as he was leaving the contents lying around for any of his mates that he has given the keycode to, to read.

And any old second-rate interior designer. Oh, I forget, they have full access to the whole of Number 10, including the Cabinet Office anyway.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Says the person who accuses others of being 5th columnists! :lolol::lolol:

I don't generally read his posts any more, but I would have given both his posts today (I paraphrase 'not a coup', and present tories 'attempting to destroy themselves', but they have a majority and on we go) were it not for the fact that, as you say, he has a history of accusing anyone a bit left of centre with a history of voting labour as being a trot and a traitor.

Stil.....and it could be a false dawn but....I am almost tempted to imagine I'm seeing, in the early spring soil bathed in the light of a brand new tomorrow, shoots of a new species of plant for this terrain...the plant known as humility. ???

:lolol:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
With custard

Excellent. Roobarb and Custard from the early 70's. Not sure who Custard is?

"Roobarb the green dog's enthusiasm for inventions and harebrained schemes to liven up life in the garden know no bounds. It's up to Custard the indolent, grinning purple cat, and the rest of the garden animals to make sure nothing comes of them so that their idle tranquility can be preserved, and score points off Roobarb's inflated ego at the same time".

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Excellent. Roobarb and Custard from the early 70's. Not sure who Custard is?

"Roobarb the green dog's enthusiasm for inventions and harebrained schemes to liven up life in the garden know no bounds. It's up to Custard the indolent, grinning purple cat, and the rest of the garden animals to make sure nothing comes of them so that their idle tranquility can be preserved, and score points off Roobarb's inflated ego at the same time".

Sadly, I think it is Truss.

roobarb.jpg
1200px-Official_portrait_of_Elizabeth_Truss_crop_2.jpg

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
God this new Andrew Marr thing is depressing this morning. Ed Davy showing how completely useless Lib Dems are and Truss still sticking to her new persona of deeper voice and gurning/posing at the cameras like she is some kind of super model whilst not answering any questions. At least Lisa Nandy sounded human but was still sticking to the same tired old tropes. Absolute state of politics in this country.

Too depressing to watch. Almost as depressing at the stuff I'm listening to on RTE radio about Bloody Sunday. The Truss "Dalek" act is bizarre - how does she (or her advisors) think this new style (deep voice, monotone, stacatto delivery) will endear her to the masses? It must be excruciating working for her.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
We have a democratically elected government with a large majority doing its best to lose the next GE ... that's it.

Using hysterically innacurate terms such as coup or fascism or seeing conspiracies everywhere is just embarrassing and silly.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

What I find so amazing about this, is that they have that majority, a largely friendly media, and an opposition who haven’t really been able to cut through with their own messaging, and yet they have descended into absolute chaos purely on their own.

I have never in all my life seen a government lock, load, and shoot themselves squarely in each foot in this manner.

I’m also slightly frightened by the lack of moral compass shown by our political class generally. As others have mentioned previously, in the age of Thatcher or prior, Johnson would have needed to resign at the first hint of scandal. This current generation of Conservative’s willingness to tolerate and defend wrongdoing is breathtaking in its scope and persistence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Well, that's very inconsiderate after Boris went to all the trouble of giving her a brown envelope for giving him permission to penetrate her.
Regarding the programme this morning, was it only me that could not listen to the lady from The Sunday Times, the way she spoke with ers and ums, repeating words, was she nervous, maybe she used to have a stutter, either way she was a dreadful interview.
But more importantly Liz Truss, she really does not do interviews very well, but at least she appears on TV unlike Johnson.
She is instantly dislikeable and like so many other Tory women, like Currie, Thatcher, Leadsom and Patel, Truss is the epitome of stuck up, with a bad smell under her nose.
And so it has come to this, Johnson and Truss are going to visit Ukraine and save the planet.
I would like to take this opportunity to say farewell.
I have told my wife and daughter that I love them.
At least I can go knowing that we finally made it to The Amex and in the PL, but my ambition to watch The Albion play in Europe will have to wait.
Still no idea what happened to the FA Cup money, who took a shit on the dressing room floor and still waiting for the ball to come down from that penalty.
But it has been fun.
Over and out, see you all (except about 10 on here) on the other side.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Nicholas Soames was once described by his lover as having a body rather like a large wardrobe with the key left in the lock...... however I actually think the 'bin bag full of custard' simile is a more graphic and horrifying......

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Well, that's very inconsiderate after Boris went to all the trouble of giving her a brown envelope for giving him permission to penetrate her.
Regarding the programme this morning, was it only me that could not listen to the lady from The Sunday Times, the way she spoke with ers and ums, repeating words, was she nervous, maybe she used to have a stutter, either way she was a dreadful interview.
But more importantly Liz Truss, she really does not do interviews very well, but at least she appears on TV unlike Johnson.
She is instantly dislikeable and like so many other Tory women, like Currie, Thatcher, Leadsom and Patel, Truss is the epitome of stuck up, with a bad smell under her nose.
And so it has come to this, Johnson and Truss are going to visit Ukraine and save the planet.
I would like to take this opportunity to say farewell.
I have told my wife and daughter that I love them.
At least I can go knowing that we finally made it to The Amex and in the PL, but my ambition to watch The Albion play in Europe will have to wait.
Still no idea what happened to the FA Cup money, who took a shit on the dressing room floor and still waiting for the ball to come down from that penalty.
But it has been fun.
Over and out, see you all (except about 10 on here) on the other side.

Brilliant!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Nicholas Soames was once described by his lover as having a body rather like a large wardrobe with the key left in the lock...... however I actually think the 'bin bag full of custard' simile is a more graphic and horrifying......

Yes I think it is accurate, but I love custard.
I prefer to think that it must be like being flattened by a fly tipped mattress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here