Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
So Billions of pounds in fraudulent Covid loan claims will not be investigated and will be written off, but you can bet that they will come down like a ton of bricks on some poor bugger who has been fiddling a few quid on social security.

****ing Tories

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Surely if this is a totally independent report from a totally independent investigator the Met shouldn't have even been given access to the report prior to its publication let alone have any input or impact on its content.

The Met would have been aware of the Downing Street parties at the time they were happening and didn't see fit to take any action then or indeed subsequently. Then up pop's Ms Gray with her investigation and suddenly the Met are all over it.

One of the theories circulating on Twitter (entirely guess work unfortunately) is that maybe the Met might, after all, actually be looking into something that might need to go to court - in which case, I can see why they'd want to hold stuff out of the report. Another theory I've seen is there may be conflicting witness statements, and the Met wants to prevent those conflicts being revealed to said witnesses before the Met has a chance to talk to them themselves.

Like others ... I wouldn't be surprised if this all ends up being of benefit to The Johnson. On the other hand, until it has actually played out I'm willing to look at it from all angles and hold fire on making any judgement on what exactly the Met is doing.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm not sure why Ms Gray, conducting an independent enquiry without fear or favour, has been talking to the Met and government lawyers "about what could or couldn't be published".

Is it possible that she was just a Johnson stooge all along and the report was never going to be published in full? Or possibly at all.

Did the Met, who totally ignored all the parties / gatherings / "work meetings" at the time, suddenly got excited because Dick owes Johnson a few favours for keeping her in her job despite repeated episodes of incompetence? A convenient smokescreen to delay....and delay....and delay until we've all got bored and moved onto something else.

The Establishment protecting the Establishment yet again. We really shouldn't be shocked by it now.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's worse than that.

There's hypocrisy, duplicity, lies, 'rhubarb' (=denial without actually denying anything), false apology in the Commons, immediate retraction of the false apology in the Commons tea room, delay in the Sue Gray report, chaos in the Cabinet Office after the statement from the Met etc. The list goes on and on.
The spread and stench of Johnson's corruption just keeps spreading. Someone somewhere needs to do the right thing and fess up with evidence and testimony that can't be disputed...Cummings time?

aberllefenni

Jan 15, 2009
He"s just another person who voted for Corbyn to become PM who can't understand how anyone could be stupid enough to vote for someone so clearly unfit to lead the country ...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

By that logic, can I assume you didn't vote for Johnson then?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I'm not sure why Ms Gray, conducting an independent enquiry without fear or favour, has been talking to the Met and government lawyers "about what could or couldn't be published".

Is it possible that she was just a Johnson stooge all along and the report was never going to be published in full? Or possibly at all.

Did the Met, who totally ignored all the parties / gatherings / "work meetings" at the time, suddenly got excited because Dick owes Johnson a few favours for keeping her in her job despite repeated episodes of incompetence? A convenient smokescreen to delay....and delay....and delay until we've all got bored and moved onto something else.

The Establishment protecting the Establishment yet again. We really shouldn't be shocked by it now.

Or, shockingly, the Met have decided that in order to do a thorough and proper investigation and make a conviction more likely, key details need to be kept out of the public domain at this stage. Trial by twitter is not the future of justice and I am sure that you would not want a potential conviction against anyone quashed because they could not get a fair trial.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The birthday party is an irrelevance, it's the other after work parties, especially the one where loads of peeps were invited by email from the PPS; the two which took place on the end of the Duke of Edinburghs funeral, and the various Christmas bashes, that are far more serious.

I'm not surprised the Tories are trying to divert all the attention to the birthday party, because in isolation its not much of an issue.

heres the problem, differing views and the legality. the after work "parties" were arguably work, so probably OK. the party with the invite to a party is obviously not OK. the birthday party is by definition a party and seems to have included non-office members, not OK, but short. the christmas events seem to be work colleges at work place just staying late so probably OK.

whats not ok is any of them occuring morally when the country had been told explicitly not to gather or have parties. so even those that are legally ok are morally wrong. but we've been sucked into legality, most will be found to OK and that will be the escape route. except a bunch of £100 fines for those not OK.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
heres the problem, differing views and the legality. the after work "parties" were work (stated by Cummings, who we accept as a valid source for the next), so probably OK. the party with the invite to a party is obviously not OK. the birthday party is by definition a party and seems to have included non-office members, not OK. the christmas events seem to be work colleges at work place just staying late so probably OK.

whats not ok is any of them occuring morally when the country had been told explicitly not to gather or have parties. so even those that are legally ok are morally wrong. but we've been sucked into legality, most will be found to OK and that will be the escape route. except a bunch of £100 fines for those not OK.

Fair summary. But even if one fine is given out, then that c*** johnson has to go.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
What have got me is these Tory politicians saying “ well everyone bent the rules a little” NO WE DIDNT, my family stuck to these rules and so did most people I know.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
heres the problem, differing views and the legality. the after work "parties" were arguably work, so probably OK. the party with the invite to a party is obviously not OK. the birthday party is by definition a party and seems to have included non-office members, not OK, but short. the christmas events seem to be work colleges at work place just staying late so probably OK.

There is a bit more to it than if you read/saw Dicks statement to the London Assembly.

There is also something mildly interesting surrounding a FOI request that Channel Four put in regarding discussions that initially took place between the MET and the Cabinet Office.

That was going along swimmingly. but has know been blocked (I presume on legal advice) because those could be deemed prejudicial too.

To me to all leads to something that has cropped up in the Police investigation that (possibly) conflicts with the report itself.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The pressure needs to be kept up on Tory MPs to send in letters to the 1922 now that they can no longer hide behind waiting for the Sue Gray report.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Here's the latest report on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60166997

For me, this is the key extract:

'Ms Gray wanted to send a copy of the report to No 10 which could be published in full. That was the intention this morning.
But the police statement appears to have thrown the process into chaos. Many in the cabinet office did not know it was coming - and are working out the implications.'

Edit: 'The Met Police have told Sue Gray to keep key details out of her report into lockdown parties in No 10, throwing the process into confusion.
The Met says it does not want Ms Gray's report - which had been due to be published this week - to "prejudice" their investigation.'

Interesting timing. Have The Met only just realised that Sue Gray is writing a report into the whole affair.

The fact that this step has been taken should raise MASSIVE red flags all around. But I fear it will just be used to 'bury bad news' or just not let the bad news ever come to light.

I still reckon someone, somewhere is sitting on a WHOPPER of a story that is going to come out. There is no way that these leaks wouldn't keep coming if 'they' didn't want to get shot of Johnson. It'll happen sooner or later. In some ways, it quite entertaining the longer it goes on :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What have got me is these Tory politicians saying “ well everyone bent the rules a little” NO WE DIDNT, my family stuck to these rules and so did most people I know.

Plus 'everyone' didn't decide the rules in the first place!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All the meat will be removed from the report in case it prejudices a criminal case.

Because the report will, therefore, be anodyne, there will be no criminal case.

And in any case, haven't we all heard enough of this? Time to move on and keep working to make this country great!

Or are you not patriotic? ???

(etc. etc. etc.)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Met are not coming out of this at all well.

1. They look bad because they provided security at No. 10 whilst the parties were going on, but didn't intervene, and now Sue Gray has uncovered some shit.
2. They look bad because they appear to be halting the publication of a report that pretty much everyone other than Boris wants to see now, and in full.

Do people not realise Boris's toxic behaviour taints everyone he comes into contact with? Now we are beginning to doubt the integrity of the police. The bloke is wrecking this country.

Jul 20, 2003
All the meat will be removed from the report in case it prejudices a criminal case.

And in any case, haven't we all heard enough of this? Time to move on and keep working to make this country great!

(etc. etc. etc.)

Indeed. And get on with important matters like playing the national anthem on the BBC at closedown every night.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oooh, is that a dinghy full of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?

and we're back to square 1.

(etc. etc. etc.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here