Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...I still reckon someone, somewhere is sitting on a WHOPPER of a story that is going to come out. There is no way that these leaks wouldn't keep coming if 'they' didn't want to get shot of Johnson. It'll happen sooner or later. In some ways, it quite entertaining the longer it goes on :lolol:

people been speculating this for about 6 weeks. seems there isnt a big incident, or coordinated release, just lots of little peices dripping out from different sources.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The setup for this outcome probably happened a while ago which would explain why Johnson has been cool about the whole thing and even confirmed that the full report would be made available. He knew this was how it was going to pan out which allowed him to be so bullish about giving access to all the details of the report

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Another thing I don't get* is that surely what is in the report would be considered evidence for the Met's investigation. So why would you want to suppress that?

*I mean, I blatantly DO get it – it's painfully (to the public) obvious. The whole thing stinks :shit::shit::shit:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Met are not coming out of this at all well.

1. They look bad because they provided security at No. 10 whilst the parties were going on, but didn't intervene, and now Sue Gray has uncovered some shit.
2. They look bad because they appear to be halting the publication of a report that pretty much everyone other than Boris wants to see now, and in full.

Do people not realise Boris's toxic behaviour taints everyone he comes into contact with? Now we are beginning to doubt the integrity of the police. The bloke is wrecking this country.

The electorate can only select from what's on offer, and labour were toxic under Corbyn.

However, a party that elects as leader someone who has previously been sacked from his job for lying needs to take a hard look at itself. I really don't think they ever got over the trauma of losing an unprecedented (for them) back to back to back sequence of general elections. They became so obsessed with winning that they adopted an equivalent of the mechanism by which Watford appoints its manager as a model for selecting their leader.

Mind you, I think I'd rather have Roy running the country that the present shyster.

An opportunity to post this classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OViejutf60

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
What have got me is these Tory politicians saying “ well everyone bent the rules a little” NO WE DIDNT, my family stuck to these rules and so did most people I know.

And in December 2020 the proven bully who is still in a job because of Johnson's corruption, sorry I mean the home secretary, told us all to grass up our neighbours if we saw them bending the rules.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The BBC are now reporting:

".....but officers are likely to be keen that nothing in Ms Gray's report - however much of a summary it is - should give a definitive account of what happened at any alleged parties....."

Would be funny if it wasn't so blatantly corrupt. So now Dick is deciding what Gray can publish as payback for Johnson keeping her in a job.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
The BBC are now reporting:

".....but officers are likely to be keen that nothing in Ms Gray's report - however much of a summary it is - should give a definitive account of what happened at any alleged parties....."

Would be funny if it wasn't so blatantly corrupt. So now Dick is deciding what Gray can publish as payback for Johnson keeping her in a job.

said this would happen once the police came in, its their standard procedure. and its sensible, whats the point of police investigating, questioning and cross-referencing individual's stories, if a chapter and verse of the event has been broadcast to everyone?

they were called in by Gray, indicates there is more to events than can be explained away with previous excuses. why prejudge anything before even reading/hearing the outcome?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oooh, is that a dinghy full of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?

and we're back to square 1.

Oh GOD, YES IT IS! Back us Tories to sort that out, wont happen on our watch, all because Labour are soft on immigration, wait till we're out of the EU and can CONTROL our WATERS. What, Conservatives have been in power for 12 years? Immigration to the UK is higher than ever? You're clearly not hearing me properly. Immigration is BAD and we're going to DO something about it Thank you.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The one person who will definitely be (silently) celebrating is Starmer. The longer this drags on, the better for him. Johnson's ratings are low, approaching Major's after Black Wednesday. Johnson will no longer have Covid as an excuse to hide behind and I can't see performing heroic acts of statesmanship. He's already being criticised by the US over Ukraine sanctions and I'm sure we'll start feeling the effects of the Brexit delays before long. Inflation is heading north with little sign of anything to slow it down - so I fully expect his ratings to go even lower.

Delaying this report gets him short term gains but long-term it's not good.

The champagne will be flowing at LAbour HQ tonight - let's hope they close the curtains first.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The one person who will definitely be (silently) celebrating is Starmer. The longer this drags on, the better for him. Johnson's ratings are low, approaching Major's after Black Wednesday. Johnson will no longer have Covid as an excuse to hide behind and I can't see performing heroic acts of statesmanship. He's already being criticised by the US over Ukraine sanctions and I'm sure we'll start feeling the effects of the Brexit delays before long. Inflation is heading north with little sign of anything to slow it down - so I fully expect his ratings to go even lower.

The champagne will be flowing at LAbour HQ tonight - let's hope they close the curtains first.

I agree. The longer this drags on, the better for Labour because not only is Johnson making his position more and more untenable, but his closest circle are trying their hardest to go down with him. The longer he stays in power, and the longer it takes for the Tories to do their usual trick and sweep out the "bad" old leader with the "clean" new one. Interesting how Gove has been mostly silent in terms of his allegiance to Johnson and we all know how likely it is that he'll be gunning for leadership again

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

They’ll be singing Keep the Red Flag Flying at the top of their voices, it brings a tear to my eye, and why would they keep the curtains closed ffs, loud and proud I say [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
said this would happen once the police came in, its their standard procedure. and its sensible, whats the point of police investigating, questioning and cross-referencing individual's stories, if a chapter and verse of the event has been broadcast to everyone?

they were called in by Gray, indicates there is more to events than can be explained away with previous excuses. why prejudge anything before even reading/hearing the outcome?

Prejudge in whose eyes ? It could/should have been the case that the Sue Gray report had already been completed and published. That would not have prevented subsequent criminal investigation. There is no logic to these events other than cover up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They’ll be singing Keep the Red Flag Flying at the top of their voices, it brings a tear to my eye, and why would they keep the curtains closed ffs, loud and proud I say [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it is becoming blindingly apparent that the full 5 year Johnson plan you wanted and voted for isn't going to happen. You should really try not to let this disappointment appear as bitterness in your posts :shrug:

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Prejudge in whose eyes ? It could/should have been the case that the Sue Gray report had already been completed and published. That would not have prevented subsequent criminal investigation. There is no logic to these events other than cover up.

anyone assuming that there is a coverup before they even know what the report says, consequences or reasons is prejudging. assuming its going to be positive for Johnson, based on speculation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here