Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Jan 30, 2008
I think it is becoming blindingly apparent that the full 5 year Johnson plan you wanted and voted for isn't going to happen. You should really try not to let this disappointment appear as bitterness in your posts :shrug:

Even if he goes Labour will not be the next Government , Dry your eyes

Regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[tweet]1487076326196535308[/tweet]

That is a superb and moving tweet. Thanks for sharing.

Clearly the poster above doesn't know of anyone who died during Covid and just carries on making the same childish comments about fines. He won't, of course, be ashamed of himself.....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any news on the £100 fixed penalty fine ?...

Regards
DF

If you continue with this infantile trolling, you will be banned from (at least) this thread.

FWIW, by the way, HOSTING an illegal gathering was subject to a £10,000 fine.

And once again, as you are so clearly struggling to understand the basic issues here: accepting a '£100 fixed penalty fine' rather than as you seem to think, being a hilariously inconsequential line drawn under the whole thing, would actually be proof that he lied to Parliament and would necessitate his resignation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even if he goes Labour will not be the next Government , Dry your eyes

Regards
DF

That's quite possible, although I would rather he goes than labour to be the next government, and have said so.

And yet you can't see that, or understand it. Do you really relish the UK being a laughing stock and going to hell in a handcart? Strange :shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Any news on the £100 fixed penalty fine ?...

Regards
DF

He told parliament that he didn’t break any rules or attended any parties/gatherings. If he gets a £100 fine then he will have been found guilty, which means he lied to parliament, which means good bye ****face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
That's quite possible, although I would rather he goes than labour to be the next government, and have said so.

And yet you can't see that, or understand it. Do you really relish the UK being a laughing stock and going to hell in a handcart? Strange :shrug:

Fair enough but there seems to be a few people on here that seem quite excitable in thinking that if he goes starmer will get in which isn't going to happen

Regards
DF

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes but did he host it ? if he didn't is he going to get a £100 pound fine that's quite a reasonable question to ask ?

Regards
DF

Which gathering are you questioning whether he hosted? the one in his flat, or the one in his garden?

Either way, as explained repeatedly, it matters little - even acceptance of your '£100 fixed penalty' would mean he had no option but to resign from office for misleading Parliament.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Great point. I don't hold out much hope of a Labour election win the way things stand.

I'd settle e for Conservative government that stuck to the parties' historic principles and did it honourably, without sleaze, and attempted to bring the country together and not start culture wars with extreme organisations like the England Football team and the National Trust

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Looks like the MET aren't investigation anything more serious and detectives on the case have asked for the report (in it's initial release) to be watered down. Mostly it would appear they can take "statements" without the person knowing in detail what someone else has said.

Thus completely reversing the stance they took on Tuesday.

That where lack of leadership gets you.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Fair enough but there seems to be a few people on here that seem quite excitable in thinking that if he goes starmer will get in which isn't going to happen

I think the reverse: if he doesn't go, Starmer will get in

If he does go, it will depend on who replaces him

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I did say yesterday that something will happen towards close of play on Fridat but I thought it was going to be the report and I expected it to be watered down by pressure being put on the civil service.
What I didn't expect was clear collusion between the police and the government.
The police are outside and inside number 10, they could have stopped the parties, they could have dished out fixed penalties, a few apologies and most of this would not have happened.
Instead we have the police and government of a corrupt African banana Republic.
I thought this country could not get any worse or lower than up to yesterday.
Clearly I was wrong.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Are any of us surprised that the Metropolitan Police, who were found by an independent tribunal to be guilty of ‘institutional corruption’ on the 15th June, 2021,is involved in this shabby episode?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I did say yesterday that something will happen towards close of play on Fridat but I thought it was going to be the report and I expected it to be watered down by pressure being put on the civil service.
What I didn't expect was clear collusion between the police and the government.
The police are outside and inside number 10, they could have stopped the parties, they could have dished out fixed penalties, a few apologies and most of this would not have happened.
Instead we have the police and government of a corrupt African banana Republic.
I thought this country could not get any worse or lower than up to yesterday.
Clearly I was wrong.

well probably, the police are on the door. not roaming around the offices checking up on staff as seems to be popular impression.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the reverse: if he doesn't go, Starmer will get in

If he does go, it will depend on who replaces him

This is what everyone thinks. The fact that PPF thinks differently is simply a reflection of his inability to think.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Careful, your defence of Johnson is almost becoming palpable, most unlike this account :wink:

puting a word in for the police. dont see they've done wrong here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here