Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Outside Downing Street today

[tweet]1469341068617469955[/tweet]

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So - apparently they have cancelled this year's party. How long after it before news seeps out that they've turned it into something else and held it anyway?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sadly, I think that's a vote winner. If the British public had a choice between saving dogs and saving Afghans, the dogs would win every time. :(
I agree, the Daily Mail readers prefer four legged Afghans to two legged Afghans fir sure.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
So - apparently they have cancelled this year's party. How long after it before news seeps out that they've turned it into something else and held it anyway?
For sure - they'll find a way to have it somewhere in the Downing Street Speakeasy.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In fact, they are using both where appropriate. 'Gatherings' for where it is accepted that something took place, but as yet there isn't enough information to say exactly what. And 'alleged party' for the main one - because that is what is alleged. A very careful differentiation - as you would expect from the BBC.
You gotta fight for your right to .................. gather .............?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svTuSRiFPoc

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Review of a report on the British post-brexit cheese and wine sectors.

Plus a delegation from The Consortium of Festive Knitwear Manufacturers and a team building exercise called ‘photocopy my arse.’

Last edited:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Tory meltdown incoming...

The very uncomfortable thing here is despite Bj being the worst pm in history what you are seeing now is just Cummings and his mainstream media mates unleashing info they had for a year as they think will have max impact to get whoever their chosen new puppet is.

A Xmas party has managed to create outrage when the criminal and his mates have literally been stealing our money in front of our faces and no one has done squat about it or even been that upset.

We have the ragtag banana state we deserve. Absolute Morons the GB public are.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The very uncomfortable thing here is despite Bj being the worst pm in history what you are seeing now is just Cummings and his mainstream media mates unleashing info they had for a year as they think will have max impact to get whoever their chosen new puppet is.

A Xmas party has managed to create outrage when the criminal and his mates have literally been stealing our money in front of our faces and no one has done squat about it or even been that upset.

This week has been good cover for the Tories pushing through some despicable legislation this week, no one is talking about it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This week has been good cover for the Tories pushing through some despicable legislation this week, no one is talking about it

The Ironic thing is they have shown countries how to get round this with the Begum case, if they dont want them back just revoke citizenship

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I am sincerely sorry to have to agree with you. I recognise British tory voters could be gulled into voting for Johnson initially but to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different outcomes is moronic.

‘Fool me once, then shame on you. Fool me twice then shame on me.’… and yes I believe that the shambles is a cover for more sinister political manoeuvring…..

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
My kids, born in Australia but moved to the UK aged 2.5 and 6 months, can now have their British citizenship revoked if the Human Horcrux Priti Patel decides to. Horrific.

She could do that already. Now she wants to do it without telling them that she's doing it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The Ironic thing is they have shown countries how to get round this with the Begum case, if they dont want them back just revoke citizenship

quite a few countries already do have this power. the irony here is UK putting in place rules that align with international law explicitly, whereas before it was fluffy and undefined.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I see Truss has thrown her hat in the ring with he threats to Russia which had already been made early last week, she’s appealing to the sabre rattling right wingers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here