Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The issue for many of his potential successors is that they may well be tainted too. All these parties at No 10 - which is where Sunak lives, not Johnson - mean that Dishy Rishi is not squeaky clean. And who was at these parties? Truss? Patel? Javid?

Gove seems to be keeping a very low profile but Hunt is completely out of it. If the Tories want someone who's not been caught up with any of the dodgy dealings, then Hunt could be who they want
Don't forget Javid was a backbencher last Christmas. Out of the Cabinet and out of favour. I suspect he wasn't partying at number 10.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Dominic Cummings is like The Terminator. He absolutely won’t stop until he has got Boris and Carrie. The scalps of people like Stratton and Doyle along the way are probably just hugely satisfying trophies.

If he is ever short of a few quid, he could see copies of his map showing where all the bodies are buried. I'd buy one! Strange how readily I believe the odious little scrote because you know he is entirely self serving. So I don't believe a word he says when he is trying to save his own sorry behind but I am fairly sure all of his accusations since leaving are true as he is slowly releasing his compendium of coverups, purely for revenge.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
His redundancy and pension will cover it….plus the after-dinner engagements from his Eton chums working in the City (oh Boris came and spoke at our annual dinner, he was sooooooooo funny, I do love him, said Lavinia from Finance), plus the autobiography, plus….plus…..plus…….

Maybe not the autobiography. It would be like buying a Trump autobiography

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't forget Javid was a backbencher last Christmas. Out of the Cabinet and out of favour. I suspect he wasn't partying at number 10.

Yes, that's a good point. I think he'd a serious contender.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe not the autobiography. It would be like buying a Trump autobiography

7757264430.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Tory voters haven't lost patience with Tories, just Johnson and his circle.

The backbenchers will know this.

And no-one does back stabbing better than the Tories.

Long knives...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is Johnson taking paternity leave?

I thought he was against that sort of thing, or is that only when it affects other people?

21897ACC-8438-444F-B7CB-B1FC1A1A70C3.png

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I have no time for Johnson and believe he should be gone as soon as possible.

But so far as Jack Doyle is concerned, if, as deputy comms director, he instigated these parties- and now as director of comms is trying to spin that they didn’t happen / no rules were broken - he isn’t being thrown under the bus. He is being held to account for a gross error of judgement, possible illegality and lying that has caused huge offence in the country.

He (Jack Doyle) will be gone by Sunday so may as well walk now.

Dominic Cummings is like The Terminator. He absolutely won’t stop until he has got Boris and Carrie. The scalps of people like Stratton and Doyle along the way are probably just hugely satisfying trophies.

Great image of the last two rats in the barrel Cummings and Boris.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I'm pretty certain he'll be gone quite soon

The Tories, and their media, are really starting to sharpen the knives

could get messy, in a fun way

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Six council by-elections last night in Tory-held seats - they lost five of them (and the one they hung on to was in one of the richest wards in the country).

North Staffs by-election next week is looking very iffy for them

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Something has to give. We can't have a third consecutive week of QT with Fiona Bruce asking some unfortunate Tory panelist "Was there a party?"

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Something has to give. We can't have a third consecutive week of QT with Fiona Bruce asking some unfortunate Tory panelist "Was there a party?"

At a time where further info is coming our withdrawal from Kabul, including the priority given to pets and their staff over interpreters and those that risked their lives serving alongside our forces. It's amazing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At a time where further info is coming our withdrawal from Kabul, including the priority given to pets and their staff over interpreters and those that risked their lives serving alongside our forces. It's amazing.

Sadly, I think that's a vote winner. If the British public had a choice between saving dogs and saving Afghans, the dogs would win every time. :(

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

According to Kuensberg’s sources getting rid of a PM is a 3 stage process. Stage 1 is deciding to remove the incumbent…..this is complete. Now they move on to stage 2 which is deciding who to replace him with which is a lengthy process. The movers and shakers will be busy for a while now before the axe falls

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

By fun, you mean Liz "pork markets" Truss, Rishi "Billionaire but man of the people" Sunak or Michael "Charlie" Gove running the country, I might pass. Probably be Sunak but all he has done is give away money. Whilst it saved many businesses and I am not knocking a lot of it, any fool can give away money. Will he be as popular when it comes to getting it back?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Trouble is that the poor man won't have anywhere to live if he stops being PM, he can't afford his lifestyle on PM Money let alone MP money.

Unless he can persuade one of his mates to loan him a flat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here