Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Sadly, the Conservative Party has now just become the UK Republican Party under Trump now.

Yeah, but the Yanks got rid of Trump last year, don't see that happening to whoever is leading the Tories at the next GE

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

The one key question that no one seems able to answer is why has it taken this long to surface.

This lot are like rats in a locked box; eventually, they’ll start eating each other.

Someone is after Boris’ job (I’m guessing Gove with his media background) and the video has been leaked. The pig has been fattened up for slaughter.

Johnson has lost all the right wing media with the exception of your beloved GB News, Express and Sun, ‘one of his own’ thinks he is vulnerable and has launched their coup.

Jan 30, 2008
This lot are like rats in a locked box; eventually, they’ll start eating each other.

Someone is after Boris’ job (I’m guessing Gove with his media background) and the video has been leaked. The pig has been fattened up for slaughter.

Johnson has lost all the right wing media with the exception of your beloved GB News, Express and Sun, ‘one of his own’ thinks he is vulnerable and has launched their coup.

GB news have been critical especially farage

Regards
DF

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

It certainly looks that way. Gove has been all but invisible for months now, desperate to distance himself from the shitshow so that he can present himself as the clean face of the New Tories. His ex-ish Mrs' friends at the DM rag helping his cause by joining in the Boris bash-a-thon.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Can't be bothered to read through all this thread, but the word is from someone ITK that a group of people who had been working together all day at No 10 ordered wine and cheese to consume at the end of the day. Depends on your definition of a party, but that's not a party in my book. If they were smart they would have admitted as much from the start.

In the workplace? Group of people? Wine? Party in my book.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't be bothered to read through all this thread, but the word is from someone ITK that a group of people who had been working together all day at No 10 ordered wine and cheese to consume at the end of the day. Depends on your definition of a party, but that's not a party in my book. If they were smart they would have admitted as much from the start.
I believe that the same group of people spontaneously organised a " Secret Santa " while they were at it that night....

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In the workplace? Group of people? Wine? Party in my book.

There is huge difference between:

A few people civil service / Government (at the lower end of the scale) being forced into work in the middle of a pandemic when (we were at home), moving down to the canteen (because it was easier to socially distance) and having a few glasses of wine they had (brought in themselves) then having to try and find a safe way home.

Compared to:

Pre-organised leaving parties. Complete sense of self entitlement, importance and lack of empathy.

A piss up at Tory HQ for members of the mayoral campaign (already "disciplined")

Bending the child care bubble rules to have your mates round for Christmas. Who exactly was round No. 11 on Christmas day ?

The last one annoys me the most because I experienced the same with my upstairs neighbours for the entire lockdown. They used that excuse to travel up and down the country and let whatever member of their family they liked to come and stay whenever they wanted.

A close family member of mine died with Covid after Christmas during that period after being admitted to hospital. I was unable to visit and also be with other members of the family too.

Just before Christmas upstairs "mum" moved in for a few months, then "dad" came down and took them all back to the Midlands for Christmas.

After Christmas brother moved in. Then after Christmas they all came back and moved in again.

Broke every rule in the book.

When I challenged them they told me they can do what they like.

The rest of the family just used it as an excuse to have a few weeks in London.

Eventually the landlord challenged them and they moved out owing months of rent.

Who were they ? A professional young well paid couple (working for city banks) with a small child but working at home the entire time.

********s.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So the rules said that no cheese was allowed in offices and under no circumstances could anyone bring in a bottle of wine? Must have missed that.
Is this a feeble attempt at defending the indefensible? Only you can't be this thick. Surely?

I am absolutely 100% certain you wouldn't have written this drivel if the government doing the ignorant law breaking was Labour.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
070736AA-C878-406D-A53A-B25816B1F2DB.png

E9B3B39D-BEA2-4F5C-867B-175FBAA0EEBC.png

Looks like the next sacrificial lamb is being lined up for the slaughter, gone by lunchtime tomorrow is my guess.

The party they need to ask questions about is the December 13th one in the Prime Ministers flat. It would be hard for even Johnson to deny he knew about that one.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
View attachment 142670

View attachment 142671

Looks like the next sacrificial lamb is being lined up for the slaughter, gone by lunchtime tomorrow is my guess.

The party they need to ask questions about is the December 13th one in the Prime Ministers flat. It would be hard for even Johnson to deny he knew about that one.

Maybe the gradual fessing up to the 18th is the dead cat for the 13th

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
mmmmm.....

[tweet]1468901949970042885[/tweet]

...and yes I KNOW, it was allegedly a party to celebrate Cummings leaving :)

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
when Tories starting going for each other they really ****ing do it in style don't they? Like proper knives in the backs stuff

must be a private school thing

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm talking about recent polls - the only one we've had since the party story broke was Savanta's - which showed a 1% increase in the Tory vote. The last Survation poll did show a 3% lead for Labour - but it's polling that was carried out 30 Nov/1 Dec, before the party story broke

Update: Survation have just published their latest poll results (survey taken today and yesterday) - Labour now has a six point lead.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
View attachment 142670

View attachment 142671

Perhaps we can have an advent calendar of people Johnson is throwing under the bus - 1 each day now leading up to Christmas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
when Tories starting going for each other they really ****ing do it in style don't they? Like proper knives in the backs stuff

must be a private school thing

They always have done and that's why they are the most successful political party. Johnson has done his job but they will dump him sooner rather than later. Just like they did Thatcher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here