Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It is simply impossible for both of these statements to be true, isn’t it?

1) he did not intentionally mislead Parliament because he did not understand the guidance he was telling everyone else about
2) he is an intelligent man who is capable of making big decisions to lead the country.

If he is so thick that he did not know that guidance was being broken I would not let him loose on a paper round, let alone give him the nuclear codes. Ffs.

It might be the worst thing for the tory party if he did get through this because he will hang around looking for his next shot at power. The tiny rebellion yesterday from the boris fan maniacs on the n.Ireland deal is surely going to empower sunak to take him and the rest of that mob on. Dorries, Patel, JRM, Truss, gullis etc.
There is a '3'. I would like to think the committee will have no problem coming to the conclusion that:
  1. He was taking the piss when PM in lockdown and didn't give a fukk.
  2. He knew full well he was taking the piss and acting as if there were no rules.
  3. He lied repeatedly to the house about this (because that's normal for him - rules don't apply to him and its a bit of a laugh yeah).
  4. He lied throughout his evidence yesterday (see above).
  5. He's a massive dangerous dishonest kunnt.
You mention Gullis. The man take over from Johnson. If the tories had anything about them, they'd find a way to get of that oddball.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Quite. It’s customary for family to attend the funerals of loved ones. I and many, many others could not do so.

But raising a glass to some anonymous suit who fetched the booze in a suitcase to say thank you for their incredibly hard work setting out the trestle tables and bottles of champagne, now that is essential.

Pop them all in the bin.

In a society that held its leaders accountable all the cabinet ministers at those parties would be persona no Grata, possibly the MPs too.

How they have engineered their free ride on this matter is incredible to me. They held those parties feeling untouchable, they have largely been proven right.

Where is the mechanism to sack a dishonest and shameful government or call an election to decide their fate.

The head of state is a toothless tiger.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In a society that held its leaders accountable all the cabinet ministers at those parties would be persona no Grata, possibly the MPs too.

How they have engineered their free ride on this matter is incredible to me. They held those parties feeling untouchable, they have largely been proven right.

Where is the mechanism to sack a dishonest and shameful government or call an election to decide their fate.

The head of state is a toothless tiger.
How very dare you come on here questioning our venerable democracy, our unwritten constitution, and our impeccable public servants at the helm, all of them the envy of the world#. You critical race theory, 15-minute-city-advocating, tofu-eating wokerati you.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How very dare you come on here questioning our venerable democracy, our unwritten constitution, and our impeccable public servants at the helm, all of them the envy of the world#. You critical race theory, 15-minute-city-advocating, tofu-eating wokerati you.
You forgot traitor to the motherland 🤣

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This must be contempt of Parliament, surely?

Contempt of the Privileges comittee, to be fair it is a bit one sided, with four of the seven being Tories. I don't see "serious reputational consequences" for Johnson, if found guilty, it is already in the gutter.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Contempt of the Privileges comittee, to be fair it is a bit one sided, with four of the seven being Tories. I don't see "serious reputational consequences" for Johnson, if found guilty, it is already in the gutter.
I thought Mogg's pathetic remark about referring to the committee as marsupials was bad enough, but this is contempt of parliament from the gobshite on the Murdoch channel.

Absolutely outrageous, immediate suspension for Norries required...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well bugger me backwards, Johnson lied to the Privileges Committee

Boris Johnson claimed No 10 drinks party was for official who didn’t leave until month later​

Boris Johnson has been urged to correct his Partygate inquiry testimony after he was found to have claimed a No 10 party marked the exit of the top civil servant who did not resign until a month later. The former Tory prime minister claimed the notorious “bring your own booze” garden party on 20 May 2020 had been aimed at motivating staff because cabinet secretary Mark Sedwill had quit. But Mr Sedwill did not resign until 29 June 2020 – more than a month later.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-partygate-inquiry-drinks-b2306473.html

I'm sure nobody expected that :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hardly a surprise, he appears pathologically incapable of not lying.

As I said several times back in the Starmer vs Johnson PMQs days, no actual defence barrister worth their salt would touch him with a bargepole in an actual court. He'd incriminate himself within moments.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It's irrelevant really as the moderator isn't moderate - he or she is an active participant in this left wing agitator's thread.
so you are moderate. what sanction would a moderate impose on someone for posting,

"plough them all into a fuckin ditch",

just so as i know the difference between right and wrong, like

abc

Jan 6, 2007
QT audience asked if anyone believed Johnson. Guess how many put their hands up?

Whether he did or didn't lie is now really irrelevant in terms of his career (that's not to say he shouldn't be held to account) as a politician in that he has completely and permanently lost the trust of the people he was supposed to represent. The fact that he and his supporters believe there is a way back starkly demonstrates how some, if not all, Westminster politicians have completely lost any understanding of the importance of being trusted by the electorate and how this requires honesty as a pre requisite. Its astonishing and depressing. The belief that lying is an essential part of successful politics started with the spin of Mandelson and the lying by Blair over Iraq, continued with Brexit (on both sides) and has culminated in a whole government that simply cannot tell the difference between truth and lies. Regardless of one's views on their policies or beliefs, I don't think anyone doubted the essential honesty of people like Thatcher, Kinnock or Major. I see precious few anywhere in Westminster that I can say the same for. If people cant believe the words of our leaders or potential leaders, why bother to vote?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Well bugger me backwards, Johnson lied to the Privileges Committee

Boris Johnson claimed No 10 drinks party was for official who didn’t leave until month later​

Boris Johnson has been urged to correct his Partygate inquiry testimony after he was found to have claimed a No 10 party marked the exit of the top civil servant who did not resign until a month later. The former Tory prime minister claimed the notorious “bring your own booze” garden party on 20 May 2020 had been aimed at motivating staff because cabinet secretary Mark Sedwill had quit. But Mr Sedwill did not resign until 29 June 2020 – more than a month later.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-partygate-inquiry-drinks-b2306473.html

I'm sure nobody expected that :lolol:
Good. Whilst watching it i read a comment saying 'its amazing how good he is at remembering all his lies' and I was thinking, whilst he was claiming this event was for that and that event was for this, that it's impossible to. That clearly he is going to slip up. And there it is. A proven liar lying in a testimony about him lying.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
A decent starting point (just a starting point, mind) would be having Capital Gains tax work in the same way as Income tax does. Could even use exactly the same thresholds to keep it simple: first £X tax free, then follow the same trajectory of increases. Such a system would likely reduce the tax burden slightly on the investment "dabblers" and "accidental investors" (I've been there) while increasing it significantly for those who can afford to pay more into the system (such as those like Sunak whose wealth predominantly comes from capital gains rather than salary).
I agree but have never understood why this isn't the case? Surely income is income and therefore should be taxed the same?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Quite. It’s customary for family to attend the funerals of loved ones. I and many, many others could not do so.

But raising a glass to some anonymous suit who fetched the booze in a suitcase to say thank you for their incredibly hard work setting out the trestle tables and bottles of champagne, now that is essential.

Pop them all in the bin.
Need a big bin

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Whether he did or didn't lie is now really irrelevant in terms of his career (that's not to say he shouldn't be held to account) as a politician in that he has completely and permanently lost the trust of the people he was supposed to represent. The fact that he and his supporters believe there is a way back starkly demonstrates how some, if not all, Westminster politicians have completely lost any understanding of the importance of being trusted by the electorate and how this requires honesty as a pre requisite. Its astonishing and depressing. The belief that lying is an essential part of successful politics started with the spin of Mandelson and the lying by Blair over Iraq, continued with Brexit (on both sides) and has culminated in a whole government that simply cannot tell the difference between truth and lies. Regardless of one's views on their policies or beliefs, I don't think anyone doubted the essential honesty of people like Thatcher, Kinnock or Major. I see precious few anywhere in Westminster that I can say the same for. If people cant believe the words of our leaders or potential leaders, why bother to vote?
The 'they're all the same' defence. It's at least a couple of pages since we've had that :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here