Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is simply impossible for both of these statements to be true, isn’t it?

1) he did not intentionally mislead Parliament because he did not understand the guidance he was telling everyone else about
2) he is an intelligent man who is capable of making big decisions to lead the country.

If he is so thick that he did not know that guidance was being broken I would not let him loose on a paper round, let alone give him the nuclear codes. Ffs.

It might be the worst thing for the tory party if he did get through this because he will hang around looking for his next shot at power. The tiny rebellion yesterday from the boris fan maniacs on the n.Ireland deal is surely going to empower sunak to take him and the rest of that mob on. Dorries, Patel, JRM, Truss, gullis etc.
Yup. That sums it up extremely well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Wow. That's a rosta of bell-ends, if ever I saw one. All it needs is Farrage, Hopkins and Julie Burchill for a full house.

Anyway, nobody is interested in perfectly innocent events at number 10. There are far more important issues to worry about than the honour and integrity of government.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Wow. That's a rosta of bell-ends, if ever I saw one. All it needs is Farrage, Hopkins and Julie Burchill for a full house.
I did like one of the replies which simply said "this is like my dream coconut shy"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Ofcom need to be give more power. Gbeebies is just pure propaganda, time to start calling out the advertisers funding this...
I suspect it will eventually fail financially when the novelty wears off.

If GBNews is on your favourites list, I suspect you are deeply sensitive to the presenters they use. That's puts them in a difficult position if your average viewer thinks Ken Clarke (for instance) is a communist.

I was wondering what Discovery were doing about it, there were one of the original investors when it looked like a right of centre news channel rather them David Icke TV.

If this story is correct they quietly sold off their share last year at a huge loss.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It doesn't matter if he is acquitted because he persuades the committee that he is the most stupid man to ever sit in parliament.

Like Thierry Henri's hand ball goal in the qualifiers, all everyone will remember is that France went on to win the tournament.

After the acquittal, Boris will sit back ready to resume the role of leader after Sunak loses the next general election.

Unless the committee have the courage and sense of honour to defenestrate him. One chance to drain the Johnson swamp.....my money is on exoneration.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When advertising is perfectly positioned…

59D10BB8-5EB0-4100-A23D-A53CB01F6EA1.jpeg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

If GBNews is on your favourites list, I suspect you are deeply sensitive to the presenters they use. That's puts them in a difficult position if your average viewer thinks Ken Clarke (for instance) is a communist.

I was wondering what Discovery were doing about it, there were one of the original investors when it looked like a right of centre news channel rather them David Icke TV.

If this story is correct they quietly sold off their share last year at a huge loss.

For all the ills of RT, I would say GBN is far more biased.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It doesn't matter if he is acquitted because he persuades the committee that he is the most stupid man to ever sit in parliament.

Like Thierry Henri's hand ball goal in the qualifiers, all everyone will remember is that France went on to win the tournament.

After the acquittal, Boris will sit back ready to resume the role of leader after Sunak loses the next general election.

Unless the committee have the courage and sense of honour to defenestrate him. One chance to drain the Johnson swamp.....my money is on exoneration.
The fact that he is not unelectable beggars belief.

The bloke should be utterly toxic, no body touching him. The fact the Tories haven't thrown him out is amazing.

What has happened to the British electorate?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I suppose the question is how deep are their pockets. The Koch brothers and Robert Mercer, for instance, have very deep pockets.
One way to address this is to do something radical about wealth such that a few oligarchs don't have such extremes of wealth that they can spend on distracting the attention of the people away from core issues. Without a sufficient movement behind such a radical manoeuvre, however, we'll probably just bumble along as we are.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

The bloke should be utterly toxic, no body touching him. The fact the Tories haven't thrown him out is amazing.

They've been watching GB News and reading the Daily Mail

But to be fair, as a group of people, they've never been above following their lowest instincts when they get in the voting booth

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Some people just love a rogue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here