Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Once scrutinised, he falls apart. He evades questions. He addresses different ones. This is based purely on the first round of questioning from the long-time Brexiteer and keen parliamentarian, Sir Bernard Jenkin. Johnson is being very combative. It's his ability to answer questions clearly that is under consideration here, and it's a mighty poor effort on the first round.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Once scrutinised, he falls apart. He evades questions. He addresses different ones. This is based purely on the first round of questioning from the long-time Brexiteer and keen parliamentarian, Sir Bernard Jenkin. Johnson is being very combative. It's his ability to answer questions clearly that is under consideration here, and it's a mighty poor effort on the first round.

He's full of absolute shit.

I was stopped a number of times by the police when heading to work in Manor Royal asking where I was going, but apparently once I got to work I could have drunk and not worn a mask?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The report was just a complete cover up, which is quite funny now.

The party they got fined for was a complete nothing, whilst other event got nothing.

Starting to look like Sue Gray was worried about looking bias when she jumped ship.
Sue Gray's report isn't being used in the Privileges Committee hearing, and she isn't a witness.

There is a good six months separation from her report and the approach from Keir Starmer to become head of Labour Recruitment.

Peter Bone tried to throw in an allegation this morning and was instantly corrected by Kay Burley, and backed down immediately.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sue Gray's report isn't being used in the Privileges Committee hearing, and she isn't a witness.

There is a good six months separation from her report and the approach from Keir Starmer to become head of Labour Recruitment.

Peter Bone tried to throw in an allegation this morning and was instantly corrected by Kay Burley, and backed down immediately.

Doesn't matter if it is or it isn't. The whole thing was a white wash, more breaking a of the rules would have made it harder for Johnson today.

We know from photos etc there was more than the cake gathering.

Don't know why the Tories are moaning about it now, they were full of praise of it at the time.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Twenty two Conservative MPs voted against the government on the Northern Ireland protocol deal, the division list reveals. The full list of names is here.

There were also 48 Tory MPs who did not vote. Some of them will have had permission not to vote, but some will have been abstaining intentionally.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
So boris says when asked what his answer would have been if asked when at the podium whether leaving presentations are allowed at work he would have said that it is down to the organisation. What an absolute shyster. Imagine people defending him. Of course he would have said “unfortunately at this time that can not be considered necessary for work” and people will still say he is not a liar. Everything else was “no you can’t do that tiny little thing” but yeah sure this specific thing would have been fine.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jenkin says in other places around the country people were not having leaving dos. So why was it acceptable in No 10?

Johnson says that event was not a party.

Jenkin says he did not call it a party.

Johnson says he did earlier only.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the sort of thing I meant. But yeah leaving drinks essential.

November 2020 was when my mother in law died, and my husband wasn't allowed to see her whilst she was dying.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Johnson just told off by Jenkin for giving long, irrelevant answers and repeating himself, rather than giving short, succinct ones. The Committee Chair has already implied that he's dragging proceedings out.
Just waffling, constantly repeating himself, trying to run down the clock, praying for another division bell to interrupt proceedings...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here