Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
My little boy was born in Sep 2020 and i wasn't allowed to any of the scans or the birth. The lady doing the scan wrote the sex on a peice of paper for me and my misses to open at home. My step grandad also died in a nursing home from covid and the funeral was meant to be streamed in May 2020 however the churches internet was down so we weren't able to watch it. However it is the people who had to die alone that gets me. I heard stories of children dying alone and the parents not allowed to go to the funeral. Now i can handle not going to a scan or being there at the birth (i didn't want to go to the birth anyway.. yuk) or even going to my elderly step grandads funeral, but if i had god forbid lost a kid and wasn't allowed to the funeral i can't tell you what my actions may have been to the government having heard of these parties that have transpired since.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Despite confirming that he understood the rules and guidance (which shifted throughout the various phases of lockdown), his defence seems to be that he wasn't told that the numerous parties held in his home and place of work were in breach of the rules and guidance, even though he's admitted to being there (but failing to twig that he understood the rules and guidance yet these events that he attended contravened them).

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
"it's customary to toast departing colleagues, there was no drunkenness" = Johnson's version of a non-party
If the "It's customary to...." overrode the guidance, there may be a few things to point out... For starters:

"It's customary to attend the funeral of loved ones..."
"It's customary to visit dying relatives..."

Maybe it's just the no drunkenness that's key, so if we'd all cut out the booze, everything would have been fine to do as 'customary'?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Boris comes across as a bloke that would toast with alcohol something as trivial as the posting of a letter.
2. He - and his No. 10 Downing Street colleagues - were clearly living on a different planet to the rest of us.
3. It is abundantly clear that the 340-year old 10 Downing Street is not fit for purpose to be the centre of government in a 21st century modern democracy. For a bloke to be telling the country to do one thing, then arguing he necessarily had to break his rules in order to deliver governance whilst living and working in that building is - quite frankly - ludicrous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here