Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Did anyone actually proof read Sunak’s poster before releasing it, this evening?

Essentially legalised Slavery in circumstances, a mental decision, which of course GB News watching Tory morons will lap up, without thinking of any human consequences. It’s just a policy for a load of people who completely lack any empathy for anyone outside their social bubble. The implications of making any undocumented person being exculded for Human Trafficking preventions is absolutely inhumane, and will just increase illegal activities.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They'll send back the people landing on boats?

They'll just disappear immediately rather then going to a hotel for a couple of nights and then disappearing.

However, the Tory party know full well this is an unworkable bill and will be blaming Labour and the loony left lawyers for scuppering it when it's found to be illegal next month. EXACTLY what the ****s are aiming for. Gammony Thicket and Nobby Sovereign will fall for it hook, line and Asda.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
They'll send back the people landing on boats?

They'll just disappear immediately rather then going to a hotel for a couple of nights and then disappearing.

However, the Tory party know full well this is an unworkable bill and will be blaming Labour and the loony left lawyers for scuppering it when it's found to be illegal next month. EXACTLY what the ****s are aiming for. Gammony Thicket and Nobby Sovereign will fall for it hook, line and Asda.
What is the solution?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d probably say it doesn’t involve reducing preventions for many of these vulnerable people to be involved in trafficking and modern slavery.
But when the boats do inevitably arrive, what is the best solution for these people, society and the taxpayer?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I DON'T know .... But I'm pretty sure it involve Sue Ellen Braverman
I’m not defending this policy, which I think is absolutely disgraceful and inhumane. I’m genuinely asking people what should actually be done as an alternative solution to what is clearly a growing issue.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
But when the boats do inevitably arrive, what is the best solution for these people, society and the taxpayer?
Not to exempt the potential people who trafficked them here to bypass employment laws, which this will create. Saying it’s not our fault if you are forced into Slavery, is a mental law to have, and then preventing help them get out of it. Human Trafficking will still happen in this country, the tories have no interest in stopping it, they just want votes and this law will create a loophole, which will be exploited, to harm many young women for example who’ll be forced into prostitution. This creates more problems and solves nothing it’s posturing for an election. A solution needs to go to the root cause of these boats, which is an asylum application system which isn’t fit for purpose. Asylum Seekers have been demonised to no end like they are going to come him and murder us all. There are many problems in this country and this will solve none of them.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Not to exempt the potential people who trafficked them here to bypass employment laws, which this will create. Saying it’s not our fault if you are forced into Slavery, is a mental law to have, and then preventing help them get out of it. Human Trafficking will still happen in this country, the tories have no interest in stopping it, they just want votes and this law will create a loophole, which will be exploited, to harm many young women for example who’ll be forced into prostitution. This creates more problems and solves nothing it’s posturing for an election. A solution needs to go to the root cause of these boats, which is an asylum application system which isn’t fit for purpose. Asylum Seekers have been demonised to no end like they are going to come him and murder us all. There are many problems in this country and this will solve none of them.
Right, I’ve taken all that on board. Given the number of boats arriving, what is an immediate plan to deal with increasing numbers of people arriving illegally via small boats into the UK? Yes, I know many will sadly have been trafficked. I understand this.

We can talk about institutional changes, root and branch policy changes and so on - and we absolutely need to and need to completely reform this - but this isn’t going to happen quickly. Or easily.

So when the next ten boats arrive, what should be done? And the ten after that. And the hundred after that. In the immediate term, what is the solution?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not defending this policy, which I think is absolutely disgraceful and inhumane. I’m genuinely asking people what should actually be done as an alternative solution to what is clearly a growing issue.
Accept President Macron’s offer of an asylum processing centre in France, so they can apply there.
Theresa May turned it down.

To actually process asylum claims (over 80% are accepted) so those wanting to liver here can get on with living and working.
At the moment, only 2% of claims are handled each year, whilst millions are being paid to hotel chains, especially those belonging to Tory donors.

There is a good reason why the boats have increased substantially since Brexit. We left the Dublin Agreement.

Jul 20, 2003
Right, I’ve taken all that on board. Given the number of boats arriving, what is an immediate plan to deal with increasing numbers of people arriving illegally via small boats into the UK? Yes, I know many will sadly have been trafficked. I understand this.

We can talk about institutional changes, root and branch policy changes and so on - and we absolutely need to and need to completely reform this - but this isn’t going to happen quickly. Or easily.

So when the next ten boats arrive, what should be done? And the ten after that. And the hundred after that. In the immediate term, what is the solution?

Spread them out in key marginal seats around the country and tell the locals it would be worse under Labour.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

I think unless we solve the root cause, we’re just kick the can down the road. We need a proper fit for purpose processing centre. In this country ever since 2010 we have been absolutely resistant to building useful infrastructure and investing in a fit for purpose system, everything about this country organisationally is dysfunctional. It’s just one dysfunctional department with no money passing it to another.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think unless we solve the root cause, we’re just kick the can down the road. We need a proper fit for purpose processing centre. In this country ever since 2010 we have been absolutely resistant to building useful infrastructure and investing in a fit for purpose system, everything about this country organisationally is dysfunctional. It’s just one dysfunctional department with no money passing it to another.
I recommend listening to Yvette Cooper, the Shadow Home Secretary.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
less loophole more a dogs breakfast. saying illegal migrants are now illegal is just a large circular mess. pretty sure you cant make someone exempt from law either, will be interesting how that plays out. trouble is no one really wants to acknowledge the root cause of economic migrants in a way that can be solved. let people enter, let them work, though then there's a problem of housing, public services, no one wants them in their area, even though most dont see any impact from them. no one asks "why do you fear the immigrants" and tackle the answers that arises.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What is the solution?
Safe, legal routes to the UK would be a good start. The only reason I can think of as to why the Home Office aren't currently implementing this is that they know their core voters are largely against immigration and "STOP THE BOATS" appeals to them more than "provide safe passage for those in need of asylum".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

There is no quick solution. Simple as that. The government is pretending there is. There isn't. Their quick fix solution is against the law and will be defeated in court time and time again by "Loony Lefty Lawyers". Not to mention the fact that it won't even stop traffickers or the boats from operating.

In the meantime, get the people that arrive by boats processed quickly. Send them back after quick, due process or grant them asylum and let them get to work.

This won't happen as the government will never let themselves be seen to be helping immigrants.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is no quick solution. Simple as that. The government is pretending there is. There isn't. Their quick fix solution is against the law and will be defeated in court time and time again by "Loony Lefty Lawyers". Not to mention the fact that it won't even stop traffickers or the boats from operating.

In the meantime, get the people that arrive by boats processed quickly. Send them back after quick, due process or grant them asylum and let them get to work.

This won't happen as the government will never let themselves be seen to be helping immigrants.
The situation has been caused by governments being terrified of being seem to help immigrants.

Stoked up by the right wing press their half wit readers Tory governments have created this situation and are reaping what they are.

They will keep selling the same rhetoric and people will continue to buy it and nothing will change.

From the outside looking in the stoked up fear of brown people has f***ed the country beyond belief. Well for most people anyway, a minority of people have done very well out of it and got exactly what they wanted.

Anyway the next shadowy group of people to fear and hate are the 'wokies' so let's move on and do that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
less loophole more a dogs breakfast. saying illegal migrants are now illegal is just a large circular mess. pretty sure you cant make someone exempt from law either, will be interesting how that plays out. trouble is no one really wants to acknowledge the root cause of economic migrants in a way that can be solved. let people enter, let them work, though then there's a problem of housing, public services, no one wants them in their area, even though most dont see any impact from them. no one asks "why do you fear the immigrants" and tackle the answers that arises.
That’s the thing. For 13 years we’ve been told the immigrants are illegal, but now the government is trying to pass a law making them illegal.
Gaslighting at its worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here