Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Senior Tory businessman has quit the party and joined Labour.
Sorry, it’s behind a pay wall.

The appointment of Lee Anderson signalled the Tory strategy very clearly. This sort of campaigning worked with Brexit and is their best (only) chance of getting re-elected.

The UK is in a massive mess. The Tories will blame Putin (despite last night’s C4 documentary about the ‘Conservative friends of Russia’ group helping bring in more than £5m in funding for the party), migrants, trans people, black life matter campaigners, Europeans, academics and experts, left wing economists, unions and people on strike and republicans. If they can make enough stupid people so angry that they vote Tory, they’ll get back in. I don’t think they have a chance.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
What did we learn from Dispatches then? Anyone who doesn't get their news from MSM would have known most of the revelations anyway but interesting hearing from a few 'working class tory' friends today who's heard this all for the first time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The appointment of Lee Anderson signalled the Tory strategy very clearly. This sort of campaigning worked with Brexit and is their best (only) chance of getting re-elected.

The UK is in a massive mess. The Tories will blame Putin (despite last night’s C4 documentary about the ‘Conservative friends of Russia’ group helping bring in more than £5m in funding for the party), migrants, trans people, black life matter campaigners, Europeans, academics and experts, left wing economists, unions and people on strike and republicans. If they can make enough stupid people so angry that they vote Tory, they’ll get back in. I don’t think they have a chance.
The excuses are running out. They can use every wedge issue in the book, but after 13 years...

a) Have most peoples lives got better?
b) Are public services better?
c) Is the country being run efficiently ?
d) Are those in power really acting in the interests of the nation?

Thank god the last 13 years have been all up up up for BHA, or I don't know what I'd do.....

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

"brown envelopes of cash changed hands for a planning app"

Would make a change from multi-billion pound dodgy PPE contracts being awarded to Tory donors and Ministers' mates.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
From the Telegraph:

Britain cannot protect its borders within the ECHR. We must leave it
The majority of immigration is now from countries beyond the EU, so this is just more desperate Tory populism and distraction activity - quite apart from the fact that the ECHR is nothing to do with the EU. Still, Torygraph readers will simply see or hear the word 'European' and choke on their G&T.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I can answer his question about who helped us during our floods; it was the EU assistance fund. Which we are no longer eligible for.

That video is one reason I don’t think people should be too confident that the Tory’s will lose an election.

Just think, those ghastly specimens were given a vote in the EU referendum. Brexit is what happens when you let thick people decide such matters.
This video serves as a reminder as to who the 25% are that will still vote Tory despite the clusterfuckery of the last 3 years.

I wouldn’t get overly worried that they represent anything like a majority of the electorate. They just represent the sort of person that you might find in a provincial town centre on a weekday.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I’m hoping that there are enough people who arent as arrogant, dumb and blind to alternative opinions as you, so that we can have wide ranging debate rather than the polarisation that is paralysing our politics.

Edit: sorry that was a bit personal. I just don’t think it’s right to call people who might disagree with your views ‘dumb or stupid’
and if they ARE dumb and stupid? that's political correctness gone mad

being illogical IS dumb

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here