Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Presumably the same description applies to anyone who voted for Blair given he lied to start a war ?
Even if you consider Blair a criminal and not complete revisionism, that situation is nothing like Johnson.

The fat twunt currently running the country had a trail of lies and chaos that showed exactly what a contemptible tosser he is. From affairs and love childs, to be sacked from multiple jobs for bare faced lying, the evidence was all there.

Blair had none of this before he was elected.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Disappointing from a mod.

That was an insult to many, not me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm more than comfortable if people feel insulted if they criticised for supporting this man.

Nothing to do with party politics, the man is a free spending, populist, self-entitled, lying fraud.

I know, he was my Mayor. Spunked almost a billion down the drain on failed vanity projects and his personal friend Piers Corbyn was his unofficial climate change advisor.

Even some of his best friends don't like him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We're still a rich western that speaks the world language so people will want to come here, but that doesn't mean a corrupt cabal can't f**k it up

Being just off the European mainland also helps. It’s a lot easier to get to the UK than the US from Europe, Asia and Africa, especially if air travel is off the agenda.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Presumably the same description applies to anyone who voted for Blair given he lied to start a war ?

If Blair had been caught bullshitting weekly, shagging anything he could, and been sacked for dishonesty twice, before he became PM, yes, but as far as I recall he looked like a clean pair of hands, before becoming PM.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Not really, because our last self exploding PM didn't have much of a political past or skeletons in his closet. I never voted for New Labour because there was something about him I didn't quite like.

I'd never vote for Johnson because I knew exactly what he was like.

The odd thing is so did the Conservative party and he's dragged them into the gutter.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
How I voted is none of your business.

I’d say if people voted en masse for a lying demonstrably incompetent buffoon, and said buffoon then proceeds to eff up the country, how they voted becomes (and affects) everybody’s business.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would be extremely careful what you say.

How I voted is none of your business. I find your comments deeply offensive.

You really need to take a step back and think before you post something like that.

People were warned plenty of times as to his character and antics. They chose to ignore those people (at best). Many are now among those shocked and appalled because Johnson turned out to be exactly what many of us warned people he’d be, a lying, greedy, lazy charlatan who cares little for the electorate and has a massive ego bordering on a God complex. I’m not surprised he’s done this in the slightest, TBH I’d have been more amazed if he hadn’t.

Or, to put it another way…

A02E7AC5-BA65-4735-8D84-2BB4CC8EFF4F.jpeg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Thing is I don't understand why the price of gas is going up in the EU when there is less demand for gas in the EU. Surely if demand is decreasing then the price should reflect that decreased demand?

I did see this article, that suggested the first half of the year demand was up on 2020, but that was due to a cold winter and that 2020 was a low demand year.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...n-q1-up-76-on-year-on-heating-power-demand-ec

I don't see in the data, or words, anything to suggest we are having to rely more on gas for power, as a result of windfarms or shut down coal fired power stations.

Again in that article

Maybe that's an issue, and this:

Russia is restricting supply, mostly a reminder to Europe that a falling out could be bad for Europe, so don't get too protective of Ukraine, I feel.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I’d imagine this will focus a few minds in the Tory ranks…

[tweet]1481392326241132563[/tweet]

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
But to slate Johnson for being a liar is as pointless as slating a lion for savaging a wildebeast. It was no secret that he was a liar and a fraud before the people of Britain elected him. His true nature wasn't hid from us in the slightest.

It's the people who voted for him that are the disgrace.

If you're one of those, next time you're in a ballot booth, try to vote on the basis of something other than your most base instincts

This is quite true, BJ was like an already banned driver been given the keys. But more than anything it shows the paucity of the politician pool in this country in every party.

I’m waiting for the revolution, we are divided, decadent and decayed enough for this to happen now. History shows time and time again such conditions eventually trigger new groups to emerge quite suddenly and often violently. Climate change, mass migration and the pandemic are increasing pressure and will accelerate us towards. And I simply don’t believe democracies are strong enough to withstand what’s to come. Especially when our establishment has shown so much contempt for the citizens of this country. It’s the proverbial perfect storm, the world and this country are in a complete mess. For extra fun, Russia and China are waiting in the wings to make their move having grown in strength and boldness because they know the West is powerless to prevent. But neither come close to the biggest threat. Mother Nature, now she’s a force to be reckoned with and boy have we made her mad. Tin helmets on everyone!

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Not really, because our last self exploding PM didn't have much of a political past or skeletons in his closet. I never voted for New Labour because there was something about him I didn't quite like.

I'd never vote for Johnson because I knew exactly what he was like.

The odd thing is so did the Conservative party and he's dragged them into the gutter.

I haven’t changed my view of Boris since the early noughties, I’ve labelled him a sociopath for at least a decade now. Sadly you only needed to have heard radio 5 this morning to hear how entrenched some of his supporters are. He could literally shit in their mouths and tell them it wasn’t him. As soon as they’d swallowed they’d be singing his praises again. It’s bizarre, I simply cannot understand how people didn’t see this coming and/or continue to support him. He is THE worst PM in our history, a pound shop wannabe Churchill who’s closer to the one you call to make a claim than our great wartime leader.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This is quite true, BJ was like an already banned driver been given the keys. But more than anything it shows the paucity of the politician pool in this country in every party.

I’m waiting for the revolution, we are divided, decadent and decayed enough for this to happen now. History shows time and time again such conditions eventually trigger new groups to emerge quite suddenly and often violently. Climate change, mass migration and the pandemic are increasing pressure and will accelerate us towards. And I simply don’t believe democracies are strong enough to withstand what’s to come. Especially when our establishment has shown so much contempt for the citizens of this country. It’s the proverbial perfect storm, the world and this country are in a complete mess. For extra fun, Russia and China are waiting in the wings to make their move having grown in strength and boldness because they know the West is powerless to prevent. But neither come close to the biggest threat. Mother Nature, now she’s a force to be reckoned with and boy have we made her mad. Tin helmets on everyone!
I hope you are right, or else we are all doomed.

Sadly I think that the electorate will continue to vote the way the popular press tell them too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’d imagine this will focus a few minds in the Tory ranks…

[tweet]1481392326241132563[/tweet]

Someone on the radio earlier made the point of wondering if it will be labours turn to have photos of rules being broken publish next and is that why Boris etc are so calm.

Normally there would be a lot more panic over those numbers.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Forcing bungling Boris out, could see someone better come in and make the Tories stronger!

We just want someone competent, with a moral compass who doesn’t tell a dozen daily lies. Red, Blue, Gold or Green, anyone matching that description would get my support. I don’t see someone in either Tory or Labour parties in truth, not so far.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Charming.

In fairness to you, the Labour alternative in Corbyn was not very appealing if you are not left wing, the real issue is the MP's and members that gave him the leadership, they asked themselves only, could he win the next election, and give them their seats, and they ignored the red flags all around him showing how unsuitable he would be for the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here