Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Looks like you were incorrect, Starmer went for the jugular putting in an unusually competent performance. Boris has been written off many times on NSC but this is the first time he is in real trouble. Intersting to see if he can confound political norms and his critics once more (I doubt it) .... logging on NSC after yet another Boris victory in a year or two would be deliciously entertaining though.

so you want buglecunt to continue as the nations leader?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Yet many strive to come to our great land. Can't be all bad.

We're still a rich western that speaks the world language so people will want to come here, but that doesn't mean a corrupt cabal can't f**k it up

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don’t that really matters anymore.

To do what Johnson did here goes beyond anything I’ve ever seen in politics. He just lied - pure and simple. And we we were facing the biggest impact on our day to day lives since the war.

This is beyond justification by anyone, regardless of your politics. A liar is a liar - no matter what their views or political affiliations are.

He’s an absolute disgrace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But to slate Johnson for being a liar is as pointless as slating a lion for savaging a wildebeast. It was no secret that he was a liar and a fraud before the people of Britain elected him. His true nature wasn't hid from us in the slightest.

It's the people who voted for him that are the disgrace.

If you're one of those, next time you're in a ballot booth, try to vote on the basis of something other than your most base instincts

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But the EU's gas usage is pretty consistent, if anything decreasing recently. Has there really been a seismic shift in the number of coal fired stations shut in the past year and our demand for gas correspondingly increasing?

View attachment 143712

Either way we do need more reliance in the form of more renewable generation and energy storage.

Completely agree with your final sentence. However Germany has completely shut its coal fired power generation and the UK is not far off the same. There is a dangerous reliance on wind power because of the speed of the shutdown and the increase in demand as the world has emerged from lockdown. There is actually a forecast shortage of electricity in Germany in the coming years unless they do something about it. I can’t comment on your chart because there may be lots of factors at play including the expansion of the LNG market. There is also demand destruction with high prices and stock drawdown. All conflicting factors but it is undeniable that without coal generation and with Russia controlling gas supply and the shortfall not made up with LNG there is a squeeze this year and that is not forecast to end any time soon.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But to slate Johnson for being a liar is as pointless as slating a lion for savaging a wildebeast. It was no secret that he was a liar and a fraud before the people of Britain elected him. His true nature wasn't hid from us in the slightest.

If you're one of those, next time you're in a ballot booth, try to vote on the basis of something other than your most base instincts

I would be extremely careful what you say.

How I voted is none of your business. I find your comments deeply offensive.

You really need to take a step back and think before you post something like that.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Completely agree with your final sentence. However Germany has completely shut its coal fired power generation and the UK is not far off the same. There is a dangerous reliance on wind power because of the speed of the shutdown and the increase in demand as the world has emerged from lockdown. There is actually a forecast shortage of electricity in Germany in the coming years unless they do something about it. I can’t comment on your chart because there may be lots of factors at play.

Thing is I don't understand why the price of gas is going up in the EU when there is less demand for gas in the EU. Surely if demand is decreasing then the price should reflect that decreased demand?

I did see this article, that suggested the first half of the year demand was up on 2020, but that was due to a cold winter and that 2020 was a low demand year.

In the first quarter of 2021 gas consumption in the EU was higher than in the same months of 2020, and closer to the upper range of the last five years," the EC said.

https://www.spglobal.com/platts/en/...n-q1-up-76-on-year-on-heating-power-demand-ec

I don't see in the data, or words, anything to suggest we are having to rely more on gas for power, as a result of windfarms or shut down coal fired power stations.

Again in that article

EU gas production fell sharply by 11% year on year in Q1, amounting to just 13.8 Bcm, the EC said.

"During Q1, similar to the previous quarters, gas output was below the 2015-2019 range, reflecting the dwindling trend of gas production in the EU," it said.

Maybe that's an issue, and this:

Despite the fall in production and rise in demand, imports also fell in Q1, with total net extra-EU gas imports totaling 78.5 Bcm, down 3% year on year.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You really need to take a step back and think before you post something like that.

He said. ‘The people who voted for him. IF you are one...’.

Don’t be so defensive

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Presumably the same description applies to anyone who voted for Blair given he lied to start a war ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

He's said nothing that isn't true. You need to wind your neck in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here