Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Not looking good, seems to have quite a few backbench tory MPs on his back...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Focus now IMHO has to turn on the Met Police. Why have they been turning a blind eye to this stuff? ???

maybe they dont want to get involved in the politics. if they investigate and find there technically werent rules broken, look like they're siding with government for those who have made their mind up already.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
maybe they dont want to get involved in the politics. if they investigate and find there technically werent rules broken, look like they're siding with government for those who have made their mind up already.

Plenty of students and young kids got fined / arrested for breaching hmgov rules re gatherings / parties during first lockdown :shrug:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yup. Complete nonsense. And bring your own booze from WHERE? Travel from home to go to No.10 for a party?

BJ clearly Dead Man Walking. Focus now IMHO has to turn on the Met Police. Why have they been turning a blind eye to this stuff? ???

I'm sure it is absolutely not because BJ has been propping up the incompetent Commissioner of the Met, Cressida Dick. Oh no.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

That reminds me to write to my Tory MP to ask him to send in a letter.

In turn, that reminds me to write a letter to my Labour MP, Lloyd Russell-Moyle, to request that he keeps his ****ing mouth shut and gets firmly behind Kier and his mission to rid this country of the worst PM we’ve had in our history or else leave the party and join the Corbyn party (and face the voters’ boot at the next election).

Boris Johnson the Liar.

The first PM to get a customary reference after his name since William Pitt the Younger in 1806.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I just love the way Starmer does his 15 minute thing, BJ then thinks he's off the hook and happily waffles some old nonsense answer to some old nonsense question about washing machines by one of his toady MPs. Then Ian Blackford stands up, puffs out his considerable chest, and it all begins again :lolol:

[tweet]1481240991092912130[/tweet]

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Tory meltdown incoming...

I'm sure it is absolutely not because BJ has been propping up the incompetent Commissioner of the Met, Cressida Dick. Oh no.

This, I would be incredibly surprised if she has stayed in the role based on competence alone.

If Johnson goes it will be interesting if he brings anyone else down with him, certainly got it in him

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yup. Complete nonsense. And bring your own booze from WHERE? Travel from home to go to No.10 for a party?

BJ clearly Dead Man Walking. Focus now IMHO has to turn on the Met Police. Why have they been turning a blind eye to this stuff? ???

Apparently the booze mostly came from the Tesco Express outside Westminster tube station. Which raises two further points;

1. How did they go out to a shop then back in with armfuls of drink and nobody from the Met saw it and went "hmm...bit suspicious this".

2. As anyone who has ever been in that Tesco Express will testify, it's TINY. How many people were going in there exactly and how did they possibly maintain social distancing in there? What risks were they putting the shop workers under?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Plenty of students and young kids got fined / arrested for breaching hmgov rules re gatherings / parties during first lockdown :shrug:

not at work though. such an important difference to the technical legality of it all. it may be morally wrong but police arent expected to investigate that. work christmas parties were apparently rife across Whithall in 2020.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
not at work though. such an important difference to the technical legality of it all. it may be morally wrong but police arent expected to investigate that. work christmas parties were apparently rife across Whithall in 2020.

Whatever. The jolly under discussion tho is the one (of many) that took place in May 2020 at the height of the first lockdown :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have never had an invite to a work meeting telling me to bring my own booze.

The whole sorry episode is despicable and Johnson has to go. And go now.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Time for Johnson to go now. The architect of thousands of unnecessary deaths of our people, and now unequivocally proven to be in complete contempt of those lost souls and their grieving families.

Position untenable. Fúck off now you utter, utter cùnt.

That time came and went ages ago. If he had integrity, which we know he doesn't, he would have resigned today but he is clearly seeking to see it through.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
[tweet]1481261954773786629[/tweet]

Hoare veers between being oleaginous to the extreme and pig thick - sometimes both at the same time. He's right up there with Francois, Brigden and Dorries. His support means very little

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just written to my Tory MP this minute.

Asked him to send a letter to the 1922 requesting Johnson's removal, and to vote to remove him.

I've done my bit now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hoare veers between being oleaginous to the extreme and pig thick - sometimes both at the same time. He's right up there with Francois, Brigden and Dorries. His support means very little

It's not his support but the confirmation that it was a party. It also places Raab there.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Sorry but you're clutching at straws here, even Johnson has admitted the party was illegal - he just "didn't realise it was a social event".

The Met are in danger of appearing far more political by NOT investigating a crime just because it involves politicians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here