Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
All the absolute wrong uns are still in the contest :nono:

All is not yet lost, but the Tories have to be very careful now - they may elect a candidate with very little chance in a General Election.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not much hope for the country whichever one gets in, they all seem to think cutting taxes is THE highest priority...so how do we then pay for the increased investment in the NHS, education, the police, the judiciary, social care and the transport network that we need ?

12 years of cuts has got us to where we are, a country that is falling apart.. .so..let's start cutting again then....madness !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not much hope for the country whichever one gets in, they all seem to think cutting taxes is THE highest priority...so how do we then pay for the increased investment in the NHS, education, the police, the judiciary, social care and the transport network that we need ?

12 years of cuts has got us to where we are, a country that is falling apart.. .so..let's start cutting again then....madness !

Richie Rich will cut public services by 20%. That includes police, the NHS and the military.

If he gets in, things are going to get very, very hard for the working person.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Under Blair and assorted Tory leaders we had two roughly identical parties.

Well, New Labour morphed into the Tories in a number of ways, but the Conservatives became very right wing in opposition.

It was only when Call Me Dave Big Society Cameron got control with the devoid of policy Lib Dem weirdos they became electable again.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Richie Rich will cut public services by 20%. That includes police, the NHS and the military.

If he gets in, things are going to get very, very hard for the working person.

Which is a reaction of course to the spunk money everywhere and worry about it later approach of Boris Johnson as we saw as London Mayor. Not the opposition...

If I was leader of the Labour Party, I'd have booked a 6 month holiday and come back later. Arguably that is his approach, but it must be hard as the leader of the opposition to come up with an alternative position to a party that fundamentally disagrees with itself on pretty much everything.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Having worked in the public sector I fundamentally disagree. Even if you have to take a position on it, it's little more than a grain of sand in terms of policy and those policies themselves have no impact on the daily lives of most the population.

No-one is forced to use pro-nouns in the email signature irrespective of what the Daily Mail tells you.

A school of thought that says 50.59% are impacted is from the school of contrarian bullshit.

i certainly hope you're right. shouldnt have poked it and will have to accept the abuse, just saying the debate is among more than a tiny minority and might have impacts beyond them. my missus is also in public sector and it is affecting what people say and do.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do wonder, even with 6 still standing, if none of them can get the public backing of [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION], [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION], [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] what on earth is going to happen to the 'traditional' Conservative and Union vote ?

From their recent posts, it certainly doesn't look good for the Conservative and Union party :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is bizarre. Why are we being subjected to hour by hour updates, videos, campaigning materials? We have zero impact on the outcome. They should be choosing a leader in a quiet, dignified fashion. And this process should be completed with great haste. Frankly, this whole turgid pantomime could be done and dusted within a week. It’s just the bloody Tory’s showboating and yet again, demonstrates their compulsion to celebrate themselves while the country drowns.

Another shameful chapter in the worst period this country has faced since WW2. And all for what? To replicate Boris Johnson’s carnival of vanities in all but name.

Shame. Shame.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I do wonder, even with 6 still standing, if none of them can get the public backing of [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION], [MENTION=599]beorhthelm[/MENTION], [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] or [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] what on earth is going to happen to the 'traditional' Conservative and Union vote ?

From their recent posts, it certainly doesn't look good for the Conservative and Union party :shrug:

Don’t include me in that. I am a floating voter and proud of it. I don’t wear a political rosette like a football scarf.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
This is bizarre. Why are we being subjected to hour by hour updates, videos, campaigning materials? We have zero impact on the outcome. They should be choosing a leader in a quiet, dignified fashion. And this process should be completed with great haste. Frankly, this whole turgid pantomime could be done and dusted within a week. It’s just the bloody Tory’s showboating and yet again, demonstrates their compulsion to celebrate themselves while the country drowns.

Another shameful chapter in the worst period this country has faced since WW2. And all for what? To replicate Boris Johnson’s carnival of vanities in all but name.

Shame. Shame.

I feel like I've moved to the USA. #ready4rishi, #pm4pm. If they're trying to reach the Millennials or anyone whose 1st windows operating system was newer than Windows 95, cringeworthy hashtags are not going to help their cause. It's like watching an American sitcom based around which kid is going to be elected leader of the school council! :mad:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This is bizarre. Why are we being subjected to hour by hour updates, videos, campaigning materials? We have zero impact on the outcome.

It's only that the Conservative Party has disappeared up it's own rectum and with camera technology as it today the news is right on there.

I have zero impact on the outcome but I have little control at my age over developing hemorrhoids.

I'd sit back and enjoy it.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I wander how many NSC folk are actual Conservative Party Members?

I am - so I’ll have a precious vote.

Whether you are a Tory voter or not, a new Prime Minister needs to be elected to represent this country for the next 2 years.

Very rude of me to ask but I'm going to ask anyway. Who is your vote going to. Reasons why would be great. :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Shame. Shame.

Agreed.

The country can have a snap General Election organised, campaigned and dusted in 3 weeks with a 50 million ish electorate. But the Tories take 13 weeks for a 200,00 ish electorate.

And, while I’m here, why is FPTP the best electoral process for the country to elect a leader, but the Tories use a different system. ( I admit, I don’t know what the system is called, if it’s called anything at all, I just know it’s not FPTP)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wander how many NSC folk are actual Conservative Party Members?

I am - so I’ll have a precious vote.

Whether you are a Tory voter or not, a new Prime Minister needs to be elected to represent this country for the next 2 years.

.. and what an utter state a party gets in two years away from an election that

1) It has to chuck out its leader in such a manner
2) We have to endure a fist fight between the utter wierdos he has surrounded himself with.

You are welcome to your vote. It will hardly fix a party that needs a long time in opposition to sort out its problems. It has absolutely no idea what it stands for beyond an obsession with the EU and a fetish with an invented vision of Thatcherism that never existed.

Political parties are supposed to take us forward, unfortunately your lot has re-invented itself and driven this country into the past.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Having worked in the public sector I fundamentally disagree. Even if you have to take a position on it, it's little more than a grain of sand in terms of policy and those policies themselves have no impact on the daily lives of most the population.

No-one is forced to use pro-nouns in the email signature irrespective of what the Daily Mail tells you.

A school of thought that says 50.59% are impacted is from the school of contrarian bullshit.

Yeah, my wife and I both work in the public sector and can confirm that politely respecting people’s wishes really isn’t difficult. Any politician getting involved in this issue just encourages us to switch channels.

Jul 20, 2003
Evidently one of Morduant's supporters (Bob Stewart M.P.) Has been describing how brave she is as demonstrated by her appearing on some ITV reality show where she want very good at diving off of a 30ft board.

Can't work how to link the story.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here