Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Just a thought, Mordant is popular with grassroots and that is dangerous for the rest of the candidates and i just wonder if it's going to become a Stop Mordant situation?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
How could anyone take Truss seriously as a PM. I heard she didn’t have a chance as the Tory’s didn’t think she would be a credible threat to the opposition. And now the moron has a chance. Got to be one of the most dim witted MP’s in history. Clueless. Absolutely clueless. And she’s just odd. A really odd person. I genuinely fear for a U.K. lead by that weirdo.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
How could anyone take Truss seriously as a PM. I heard she didn’t have a chance as the Tory’s didn’t think I she would be a credible threat to the opposition. And now the moron has a chance. Got to be one of the most dim witted MP’s in history. Clueless. Absolutely clueless. And she’s just odd. A really odd person. I genuinely fear for a U.K. lead by that weirdo.

Hey, it could be worse ...

imagine if it was Mad Nad Dorries

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
How could anyone take Truss seriously as a PM. I heard she didn’t have a chance as the Tory’s didn’t think I she would be a credible threat to the opposition. And now the moron has a chance. Got to be one of the most dim witted MP’s in history. Clueless. Absolutely clueless. And she’s just odd. A really odd person. I genuinely fear for a U.K. lead by that weirdo.

Well it would almost certainly hand Labour the win in the next election which would be nice but she has the potential to damage the country almost as much as BJ. Let’s hope she does not get into the final two.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How could anyone take Truss seriously as a PM. I heard she didn’t have a chance as the Tory’s didn’t think she would be a credible threat to the opposition. And now the moron has a chance. Got to be one of the most dim witted MP’s in history. Clueless. Absolutely clueless. And she’s just odd. A really odd person. I genuinely fear for a U.K. lead by that weirdo.

Exactly how I felt about Corbyn. There really are some shocking candidates in recent years. Milliband, Boris, potentially Truss. They’re all absolutely dire.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just a thought, Mordant is popular with grassroots and that is dangerous for the rest of the candidates and i just wonder if it's going to become a Stop Mordant situation?

Yes. Very dangerous.

Time to unleash the Culture Wars on her!

“Liz Truss supporter Simon Clarke says "Liz is part of a pack of three candidates... who have serious momentum going into the days ahead".

People on the right of the party will "have to think" about previous statements Penny Mordaunt has made, says Clarke, adding that he himself doesn't agree with Mordaunt on the issue of trans rights and her views on women. BBC

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
For an anti-Tory thread, it's fascinating to be educated about future voting tactics of their MPs.

Its not hard to observe, listen, read and have a think is it? Someone on the right of the party is more likely vote for someone else on the right of the party, surely.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Proof that Penny Mordaunt is a Walt. Every reservist is required to attend so many times in a year and to do the two weeks annual training. You get the pay as a Bounty every November, and the two weeks training at the end of the fortnight.
She was enrolled as a Subby, but got two honorary promotions as an MP, in the same that Daniel Craig was given an honorary Commander's title for playing James Bond.

Submariners are irritated by her wearing the dolphins.

[tweet]1547099808892166144[/tweet]

[MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION],why does she think she is qualified to wear the Dolphins?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Not so sure... Looking at those results, I suspect we'll get something like this:

Hunt's 18 go to Sunak, Mordaunt, Tugendhat
Zahawi's 25 go to Truss, Badenoch, Braverman

But I reckon Braverman will be next out (may even quit before next round). Her votes then mostly go Truss / Badenoch.

Tugendhat is then next out. His votes mostly go Sunak / Mordaunt.

Badenoch next out, her votes mostly go to Truss.

Leaves us with a tight race between Truss and Mordaunt for second?

Just reading the Guardian analysis. Possible that Truss' support might not improve much despite finishing third - on the basis that she's failed to show that she's the clear #1 "Tory Right" candidate. Badenoch isn't that far behind her, if Zahawi and Braverman supporters went her way rather than Truss' we could be in for Sunak / Mordaunt / Badenoch as final three, and that Badenoch / Mordaunt fight for second could be tight. Especially if Sunak is willing to risk lending some votes to Badenoch on the assumption she's easier for him to beat.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just reading the Guardian analysis. Possible that Truss' support might not improve much despite finishing third - on the basis that she's failed to show that she's the clear #1 "Tory Right" candidate. Badenoch isn't that far behind her, if Zahawi and Braverman supporters went her way rather than Truss' we could be in for Sunak / Mordaunt / Badenoch as final three, and that Badenoch / Mordaunt fight for second could be tight. Especially if Sunak is willing to risk lending some votes to Badenoch on the assumption she's easier for him to beat.

I did say earlier that the last three would be Sunak, Mordaunt and Truss or Badenoch.
I also think that Sue Ellen will go next.
I'm less convinced than you are that the votes of the loser will go on mass to other campaigns: once someone's lost, they're hardly going to have much influence over what their supporters do next; whereas the live campaigns can always provide tempting reasons to join in with their lot.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION],why does she think she is qualified to wear the Dolphins?

The last person to wear dolphins was Elton John in the 1980s, but after a prolonged period of therapy and rehabilitation he resumed normal clothes wearing again.

It's all in his autobiography.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Badenoch won’t last long as leader, she’s the only one making promises about the rawanda flights (from what I’ve seen) it will fail and they will turn on her straight away

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Badenoch won’t last long as leader, she’s the only one making promises about the rawanda flights (from what I’ve seen) it will fail and they will turn on her straight away

It's a weird one this. On the one hand, low taxes, small government and personal responsibility sound fine. The problem for me is that these seem to mean very different things when they come out of an MPs mouth. Note, I don't take small government to mean small services.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here