Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Which sycophant will they roll out this morning to try and defend Johnson's crumbling cabal?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Which sycophant will they roll out this morning to try and defend Johnson's crumbling cabal?
It'll either be Grant Shapps or an empty chair on Radio 4 this morning, I reckon.

The chair would talk more sense of course.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yes. Very much so but I can’t get my head round 16,393 people voting for Johnson’s Government. It’s just bizarre.

House prices. NOTHING else matters.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It'll either be Grant Shapps or an empty chair on Radio 4 this morning, I reckon.

The chair would talk more sense of course.
We'll be getting Priti Vacant this morning instead.

[Tweet]1540213899747893250[/Tweet]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very true, Johnson will carry on being Johnson, he won't change an act that has got him this far. The cans will be kicked down the road and he will try to blunder on and hope something turns up as a distraction.

I'm convinced he has a " Trading Places " style bet on with a chum from Eton... " £5 says I will last a full term as Prime Minister despite being the most corrupt, selfish and useless leader ever.....and they can't get rid of me ! "

I'll take that bet on Bojo, you silly old buffoon, how stupid do you think the electorate are :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Big Dog ain’t going nowhere.

“The prime minister is giving his first response to the two by-election defeats his party suffered overnight.

He says he will "listen" to voters but pledges to "keep going".

"I've got to listen to what people are saying, in particular to the difficulties people are facing over the cost of living," news agency PA quotes him as saying.”

He thinks it’s the cost of living that has done for the Tories in both seats.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

“The prime minister is giving his first response to the two by-election defeats his party suffered overnight.

"I've got to listen to what people are saying, in particular to the difficulties people are facing over the cost of living," news agency PA quotes him as saying.”

He needs to keep doing what he's doing and have the confidence to take the energy into a general election, soon.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He's praying it's going to kick off in Lithuania so he can go for a few jollys over there while the UK continues to fall further into the cesspit he has created

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Unfortunately for the Tory party Big Dog suffers with a severe and chronic case of hubris and always thinks he is prancing around wearing a best dog in show rosette.

However as [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] said:

"People are fed up with corruption, lying and blatant law breaking."

Which is far more on the money. I'd also say, now Brexit is done (kind of), Big Dog has served his purpose for a lot of people and whilst it was useful to have to have him around a few years ago, his unsavoury and unfit character is all he has to show.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
My feeling, although apparently the political commentators appear to say the opposite, is that Dowden has been thrown under the bendy bus to save the PM’s skin.

Dowden, is (was) co-chair of the Conservative party, so it seems like a big thing, but I would hazard a guess that the majority of the public couldn’t have picked him out in a Nevermind The Buzzcocks line up before this morning. So for Boris he serves the purpose well, big name takes the rap, but nobody really knows or cares about him! Time to move on!*

* here’s a peerage for your work for the Conservative party, Mr Dowden.

I have to disagree, I believe that Oliver Dowden is severely pissed off with the way that Johnson is running the Government and can take no more. His letter subtly suggests that to me.
I hope that some others in the Cabinet, fed up with having to lie and defend the indefensible, will now show that they have the balls to tell Johnson his time is up and rid the country of this dreadful PM.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I have to disagree, I believe that Oliver Dowden is severely pissed off with the way that Johnson is running the Government and can take no more. His letter subtly suggests that to me.
I hope that some others in the Cabinet, fed up with having to lie and defend the indefensible, will now show that they have the balls to tell Johnson his time is up and rid the country of this dreadful PM.

The sycophantic members (and there are quite a few) will need to offer their resignations as well, if we are to finally remove this cancer.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes. Very much so but I can’t get my head round 16,393 people voting for Johnson’s Government. It’s just bizarre.

In fairness, there are probably 16,393 people in that part of the country who consider themselves 'better off' under a Tory govt, ie. they think they've got £1 extra in their pocket at the end of the month. That's what Tories do, that's what people who tinker with voting tory do - Partygate is a sideshow, the poor and needy? Well that's their own fault isn't it. Same old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here