Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The new Liberal Democrat MP for Tiverton and Honiton says his win shows that voters think "enough is enough" of Boris Johnson's leadership.

Richard Foord said it was an "extraordinary and historic result which has sent a shockwave through British politics".

He said: "Tonight the people of Britain have spoken."

“They’ve sent a loud and clear message: It's time for Boris Johnson to go and go now.”

He said the prime minister had brought a state of "shame, chaos and neglect”.

He added: “By any measure you are unfit to lead, and the people of Tiverton and Honiton have said is enough is enough."

“The only decent course of action is to heed their call and resign.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
CFA60A6D-FBA3-4A9B-9E89-8A9ADDDCD008.jpeg

D6A4D668-6795-46B4-8695-5BD03EE47CBD.jpeg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Oliver Dowden, co-Chair of the Conservative party has just resigned from the Cabinet

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ah ok. So it would seem he has resigned as Chair of the Party and thereby by default must also lose his seat at Cabinet.

Interesting choice of phrase…”somebody must take responsibility.”

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ah ok. So it would seem he has resigned as Chair of the Party and thereby by default must also lose his seat at Cabinet.

Project 'Save Big Dog' in full swing

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ukrainian refugees face being sent to Rwanda if they travel to the UK without authorisation, Boris Johnson has said in an escalation of government plans to deport those who travel across the Channel seeking sanctuary.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Project 'Save Big Dog' in full swing

Really? I read it as the opposite. No reference of support for the PM. What was pointedly left unsaid in that letter is possibly the most significant part of it.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Yes, a blatant attempt to save Boris Johnsons’ hide...

If our PM had an ounce of credibility (he doesn’t) he would follow Oliver Dowden out the door (he won’t)!

Oliver Dowden has been thrown under the bus in an attempt to deflect, once again, the blame from our shamed Prime Minister.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ukrainian refugees face being sent to Rwanda if they travel to the UK without authorisation, Boris Johnson has said in an escalation of government plans to deport those who travel across the Channel seeking sanctuary.

He won’t be popping to Kyiv for a surprise visit any time soon then!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes, a blatant attempt to save Boris Johnsons’ hide...

If our PM had an ounce of credibility (he doesn’t) he would follow Oliver Dowden out the door (he won’t)!

Oliver Dowden has been thrown under the bus in an attempt to deflect, once again, the blame from our shamed Prime Minister.

This isn’t the way the political analysts are reading it. They are reading it as a very clear signal to Johnson that the party “deserves better than this” which are words used in the letter.

It’s effectively being seen as a ‘time’s up, Prime Minister’ letter

Jul 20, 2003
Really? I read it as the opposite. No reference of support for the PM. What was pointedly left unsaid in that letter is possibly the most significant part of it.

We'll know which it is when the next round of Knighthoods gets dished out.

When he took on the role them successor in his previous position was Nadine Dorries.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This isn’t the way the political analysts are reading it. They are reading it as a very clear signal to Johnson that “something must change” which are words used in the letter.

Maybe that’s the way it should be read, but do you think that’s the way Boris will see it.

This is no different to the “changes must be made” with reference to the goings on at No.10 during party gate, where a few leading Civil Servants were shuffled out of the door to once again save Boris’ skin.

What seems right in other people’s head, political commentators, the general public, etc., clearly doesn’t have the same ring of truth in our glorious leader and his cabinet of fools collective mind*.

* I use the singular there, as they are clearly of one mind. They have the ability, like a lizard, to lose its tail when captured and simply grow a new one. Dowden is that tail.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Either he is throwing himself under the bus to save Johnson, or he no longer wants to be associated in any way with the Big partying Dog.

My feeling, although apparently the political commentators appear to say the opposite, is that Dowden has been thrown under the bendy bus to save the PM’s skin.

Dowden, is (was) co-chair of the Conservative party, so it seems like a big thing, but I would hazard a guess that the majority of the public couldn’t have picked him out in a Nevermind The Buzzcocks line up before this morning. So for Boris he serves the purpose well, big name takes the rap, but nobody really knows or cares about him! Time to move on!*

* here’s a peerage for your work for the Conservative party, Mr Dowden.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe that’s the way it should be read, but do you think that’s the way Boris will see it.

This is no different to the “changes must be made” with reference to the goings on at No.10 during party gate, where a few leading Civil Servants were shuffled out of the door to once again save Boris’ skin.

What seems right in other people’s head, political commentators, the general public, etc., clearly doesn’t have the same ring of truth in our glorious leader and his cabinet of fools collective mind*.

* I use the singular there, as they are clearly of one mind. They have the ability, like a lizard, to lose its tail when captured and simply grow a new one. Dowden is that tail.
Very true, Johnson will carry on being Johnson, he won't change an act that has got him this far. The cans will be kicked down the road and he will try to blunder on and hope something turns up as a distraction.

I'm convinced he has a " Trading Places " style bet on with a chum from Eton... " £5 says I will last a full term as Prime Minister despite being the most corrupt, selfish and useless leader ever.....and they can't get rid of me ! "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here