Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's the Conservative party that are now struggling to move on with that man in charge.

It's looking iffy for him at the next election in his own constituency. When he was elected leader he had the smallest majority for a PM since 1924.

He increased his majority at the last election, but that was an odd election for factors we all know.

Longer term demographic and boundary changes will come into play next time.

He's also rumoured to have softened his position on Heathrow expansion which is incredibly unpopular locally.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I’m so ****ing sick of hearing about Boris ****ing Johnson and his cronies.

The U.K. and the world is facing manifold and very, very serious problems. Life or death problems. War. Poverty. Shootings. Fuel crisis. Pandemic recovery. Brexit. Sexual violence. Mental health emergencies. Social care disasters. Food banks. Suicidal nurses in a collapsing NHS, climate disaster, refugees, China, Russia and on and on.

And what are we forced to spend our time debating? Boris ****ing Johnson and his law braking and lying. He’s the centre of attention and we have far more important things to be solving.

Johnson, just go. Get your cat, your countless children and your stupid ****ing wife and get the **** out of No.10. You should have gone months ago. We have had a gut-full. Just ****ing go. GO!

yep. absolute disgrace

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A plausible scenario is the letters are already in, but Johnson will scrape through in a leadership vote.

If that happens I think we will have an election much earlier than we thought. Can't see the Tories hanging on with a damaged leader and an election may just force them to get a plan together.

The Conservatives will fight the election with the threat the Union Kingdom will break up.

If Starmer is forced to resign, then all bets are off. I have no idea.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
A plausible scenario is the letters are already in, but Johnson will scrape through in a leadership vote.

If that happens I think we will have an election much earlier than we thought. Can't see the Tories hanging on with a damaged leader and an election may just force them to get a plan together.

The Conservatives will fight the election with the threat the Union Kingdom will break up.

Not sure how successful it could be, or the convention (though we know how much Johnson respects those...) but I feel like a Starmer resignation could see the Tories call a snap election whilst Labour are in turmoil, attempting to capitalise on a wounded opposition.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Many in the party are coming to realisation that winning elections and running things are two entirely different things.

When Johnson was Mayor (beyond his natural tendency to throw money at things) everything ran relatively smoothly because he was able to employ people to run the city for him.

He can't really do that in the same way as Prime Minister.

He was still personally incompetent but not many outside London were watching and neither clearly enough were the MPs and membership who voted for him.

This is of course the London Mayor who told the assembly his go to expert on climate change was Piers Corbyn.

Now they've seen him in action they are collectively crapping themselves over the next election. He of course has many supporters, but it's gradually splitting the party.

Not in a nice way, but in a dropping a plate on the floor way. Even the lunatic fringe can't agree. No-one agrees what the Conservatives stand for any more under his leadership.

It's only the sensible ones who know what is at stake. If (and it's a big IF) a coalition of sorts manages to cobble together a Government, there might be another push for a change in the electoral system again.

Such a change could keep the Conservatives out for a very long time.

This cabal basically are socially conservative fighting ending culture wars, fiscally pretty liberal but incredibly wasteful, chuck in a bit of corruption, have a team assembled on loyalty only and a liar / law breaker overseeing it all.

What could possibly go wrong?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well it’s a new day and we still lurch around in a complete policy vacuum with a total absence of vision, strategy and leadership.

What’s today’s big announcement designed to give us all a warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia? Is it compulsory warm beer and the re-introduction of the Home Guard?

They don’t like it up ‘em!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I hope we do get a leadership vote.

It will give me a chance to write a 3rd letter to my Tory MP before the vote reminding him of the disgust I have for Johnson.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Well it’s a new day and we still lurch around in a complete policy vacuum with a total absence of vision, strategy and leadership.

What’s today’s big announcement designed to give us all a warm, fuzzy feeling of nostalgia? Is it compulsory warm beer and the re-introduction of the Home Guard?

Death penalty next, surely its coming.

Anyway a week of flag shagging coming up from party that sent Moggy up to Balmoral to lie to the Queen

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

I hear Boris wants to bring back burning witches but is getting pushback from Dorries, Truss and Patel.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I hear Boris wants to bring back burning witches but is getting pushback from Dorries, Truss and Patel.

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Apparently, the latest initiative is a freeze on the fast-track intake for the civil service. That's for next year and subsequent years (until further notice or Johnson is kicked out). No, we don't need a thousand of the very brightest kids entering government ... no, siree, no

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
tell me to mind my own business if you like, but did you send your kids to private school?

Hi Roger,
No we didn’t.
We had three children, two boys and a girl who was the eldest. The boys did well at their school and both went on to university. One is a teacher in the state system and the other (deep intake of breath:D) works for Palace in their Palace for Life Foundation. Our daughter struggled at her very poor school , which at the time was put into special measures, but came out the other end and now runs her own small business. At the time we did ask her if she wanted to change schools but she said no.
All has turned out ok and my lad’s new workmates at Palace are quite accepting of having a Brighton fan in their midst…….lots of good hearted banter, I understand. Thank heavens we finished above them!

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Johnson, just go. Get your cat, your countless children and your stupid ****ing wife and get the **** out of No.10. You should have gone months ago. We have had a gut-full. Just ****ing go. GO!

Rumours indicate that the '****ing wife' has already left no. 10

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So it is rumoured. Super injunction, anyone?

I don't believe these rumours for a moment. After all, what is it that Carrie Johnson could possibly see in the 47 year old multi-millionaire Conservative Lord that would appeal to her?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Saw a bit of speculation last night that the 54 letters threshold might have been reached (according to unnamed Tory MP sources), but that an announcement to that effect might be delayed until after the weekend.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I’m so ****ing sick of hearing about Boris ****ing Johnson and his cronies.

The U.K. and the world is facing manifold and very, very serious problems. Life or death problems. War. Poverty. Shootings. Fuel crisis. Pandemic recovery. Brexit. Sexual violence. Mental health emergencies. Social care disasters. Food banks. Suicidal nurses in a collapsing NHS, climate disaster, refugees, China, Russia and on and on.

And what are we forced to spend our time debating? Boris ****ing Johnson and his law braking and lying. He’s the centre of attention and we have far more important things to be solving.

No, no, NO!

We just all need to move on.

Won't you think of the country rather than your narrow, highly politicised view? There is no point changing PM when the very serious business of restoring Imperial measurements has just begun, you selfish commie / woke snowflake / swivel-eyed lefty loon.

:mad: BEER KORMA! :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: JErEmY cORbYn! :mad: :mad: :mad:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not sure how successful it could be, or the convention (though we know how much Johnson respects those...) but I feel like a Starmer resignation could see the Tories call a snap election whilst Labour are in turmoil, attempting to capitalise on a wounded opposition.

It needs a two thirds majority to call an election, it's no longer in the gift of the PM. No way would Labour agree whilst settling in a new leader.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Saw a bit of speculation last night that the 54 letters threshold might have been reached (according to unnamed Tory MP sources), but that an announcement to that effect might be delayed until after the weekend.

I’ve completely lost track - some seem to have submitted a letter 2/3 times after withdrawing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here