Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Andrew Bridgen just flip flopped and now wants the PM to go (again)

Another letter gone in.

Although technically he sent it before, retrieved it and has now sent it again.

I have no idea whether it's the same letter.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Would be interesting if there are now enough letters, but Graham Brady is holding back Informing anyone till after the weekend...

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Another letter gone in.

Well... I suppose it is apposite that a poison be applied to draw out another poison.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Would be interesting if there are now enough letters, but Graham Brady is holding back Informing anyone till after the weekend...

He simply couldn’t announce it this close to the jubilee celebrations so you could be right. However, seeing him tie a knot in his winkie for the time being might inspire an avalanche of more letters. He could be literally bursting come Monday when he seasons Boris’ chips.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Another letter gone in.

I thought Andrew Bridgen was of the opinion out meant out? Or is he allowed to change his mind on that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Johnson survives (either insufficient letters for a vote, or he wins the vote), the fact that it is about him lying and being a **** during Covid, and that we already have more than 20 of his own MPs publickly declaring they want him out means that he is forever toxic.

But he will never resign (unless offered a massively lucrative gig in the states). So for the nation it will be like attempting to ride into the sunset on a three legged horse.

Brace yourselves! It could be a bumpy ride. Johnson = Sad Ken ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x_bO6YnxAU

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Many in the party are coming to realisation that winning elections and running things are two entirely different things.

When Johnson was Mayor (beyond his natural tendency to throw money at things) everything ran relatively smoothly because he was able to employ people to run the city for him.

He can't really do that in the same way as Prime Minister.

He was still personally incompetent but not many outside London were watching and neither clearly enough were the MPs and membership who voted for him.

This is of course the London Mayor who told the assembly his go to expert on climate change was Piers Corbyn.

Now they've seen him in action they are collectively crapping themselves over the next election. He of course has many supporters, but it's gradually splitting the party.

Not in a nice way, but in a dropping a plate on the floor way. Even the lunatic fringe can't agree. No-one agrees what the Conservatives stand for any more under his leadership.

It's only the sensible ones who know what is at stake. If (and it's a big IF) a coalition of sorts manages to cobble together a Government, there might be another push for a change in the electoral system again.

Such a change could keep the Conservatives out for a very long time.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The paper was on the floor tonight with Johnson's face uppermost. After a short while my wife turned it over with the words 'I can't bear seeing him in our house'. Quite strong for her.

He's toast isn't he.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The paper was on the floor tonight with Johnson's face uppermost. After a short while my wife turned it over with the words 'I can't bear seeing him in our house'. Quite strong for her.

He's toast isn't he.

I think, and I’m being cautiously optimistic, I think he’ll be gone by end of June. Weirdly, it’s his call for imperial measures that has banged the final nail in the coffin. His party have always known he’s a lying **** but stuck by him because he seemed to be the popular bet. But now he’s presenting as a bit bloody mental and rather desperate. I think they have accepted that he is now damaging them. And they won’t stand for that for very long. Tory’s can’t abide the appearance of weakness.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think, and I’m being cautiously optimistic, I think he’ll be gone by end of June. Weirdly, it’s his call for imperial measures that has banged the final nail in the coffin. His party have always known he’s a lying **** but stuck by him be said he seemed to be the popular bet. But now he’s presenting as a bit bloody mental and rather desperate. I think they have accepted now he is now damaging them. And they won’t stand for that for very long. Tory’s can’t abide the appearance of weakness.

Add to that the windfall tax u-turn. It's made a number of MPs look incredibly stupid.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Add to that the windfall tax u-turn. It's made a number of MPs look incredibly stupid.

Yep. It’s predictably Tory that they only do something when they start to look daft, not when the people of the U.K. plunge into poverty. But whatever it takes.

Burn them out.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hello again,
Unlike Beard, I must say, I cannot recall a sense of entitlement or the feeling that everything was a big game back in those far off days. As a young lad 62 years ago, my first impression of my public school was that the size of the grounds and buildings were rather overwhelming and I was unsurprisingly full of trepidation. As I had been a boarder at prep school, I was used to being away from home, unlike some of the other boys. We actually thought some of the eldest boys were masters, they were so much older than us.
We were told by staff and parents that we were fortunate to be at such a school, but entitlement never came into it. Of course, over the years, one came across some obnoxious boys, but they may well have been obnoxious whatever type of school they went to and are probably obnoxious old gits nowadays. As for everything being a big game, I just don’t see this at all. Our school was pretty austere and certainly didn’t engender a big game ethos.
I know Beard went to school after me, but in my day, it was quite possible for middle class parents to afford the fees to schools like mine and many of those parents themselves were not ‘entitled ‘ types, perhaps that reflected on us. Nowadays, public schools are largely the preserve of the wealthy due to the massive increase in fees, even taking into account inflation. Middle class parents such as mine have been priced out. I have no connection with today’s public school pupils so I have no idea if they have a sense of entitlement or not.
Anyway, I survived and hope I have been a good citizen, husband and father.
As I said previously, the day I left school was one of the best days of my life and I embraced the freedom and quickly shook off the oppressive shackles of life as a boarder at public school. Life skills were there to be learnt and girls were to be discovered…….
I began to live, at last.:lolol:

Your last paragraph could have bee written by me. I felt exactly the same.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
always amazed at the reach and influence of Thatcher, problems facing countries world wide are all down to one lady's policies of 40 years ago.

Some leaders are ineffectual and barely remembered. Some leave a legacy that echoes for generations. Whatever one thinks of her, for better or worse, Thatcher was the latter.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hello again,
Unlike Beard, I must say, I cannot recall a sense of entitlement or the feeling that everything was a big game back in those far off days. As a young lad 62 years ago, my first impression of my public school was that the size of the grounds and buildings were rather overwhelming and I was unsurprisingly full of trepidation. As I had been a boarder at prep school, I was used to being away from home, unlike some of the other boys. We actually thought some of the eldest boys were masters, they were so much older than us.
We were told by staff and parents that we were fortunate to be at such a school, but entitlement never came into it. Of course, over the years, one came across some obnoxious boys, but they may well have been obnoxious whatever type of school they went to and are probably obnoxious old gits nowadays. As for everything being a big game, I just don’t see this at all. Our school was pretty austere and certainly didn’t engender a big game ethos.
I know Beard went to school after me, but in my day, it was quite possible for middle class parents to afford the fees to schools like mine and many of those parents themselves were not ‘entitled ‘ types, perhaps that reflected on us. Nowadays, public schools are largely the preserve of the wealthy due to the massive increase in fees, even taking into account inflation. Middle class parents such as mine have been priced out. I have no connection with today’s public school pupils so I have no idea if they have a sense of entitlement or not.
Anyway, I survived and hope I have been a good citizen, husband and father.
As I said previously, the day I left school was one of the best days of my life and I embraced the freedom and quickly shook off the oppressive shackles of life as a boarder at public school. Life skills were there to be learnt and girls were to be discovered…….
I began to live, at last.:lolol:

tell me to mind my own business if you like, but did you send your kids to private school?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m so ****ing sick of hearing about Boris ****ing Johnson and his cronies.

The U.K. and the world is facing manifold and very, very serious problems. Life or death problems. War. Poverty. Shootings. Fuel crisis. Pandemic recovery. Brexit. Sexual violence. Mental health emergencies. Social care disasters. Food banks. Suicidal nurses in a collapsing NHS, climate disaster, refugees, China, Russia and on and on.

And what are we forced to spend our time debating? Boris ****ing Johnson and his law braking and lying. He’s the centre of attention and we have far more important things to be solving.

Johnson, just go. Get your cat, your countless children and your stupid ****ing wife and get the **** out of No.10. You should have gone months ago. We have had a gut-full. Just ****ing go. GO!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

The U.K. and the world is facing manifold and very, very serious problems. Life or death problems. War. Poverty. Shootings. Fuel crisis. Pandemic recovery. Brexit. Sexual violence. Mental health emergencies. Social care disasters. Food banks. Suicidal nurses in a collapsing NHS, climate disaster, refugees, China, Russia and on and on.

And what are we forced to spend our time debating? Boris ****ing Johnson and his law braking and lying. He’s the centre of attention and we have far more important things to be solving.

Johnson, just go. Get your cat, your countless children and your stupid ****ing wife and get the **** out of No.10. You should have gone months ago. We have had a gut-full. Just ****ing go. GO!

And the Climate Crisis, but I totally agree with every word

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And the Climate Crisis, but I totally agree with every word

I got that in there too, but there’s so many issues highlighted in my you’d be forgiven for missing that.

Boris Johnson is that kid in class who just ****s about all the time. It’s amusing at the beginning of term but just **** off now because the rest of us want to pass exams.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

Yep. And comb your hair before you do, you piece of dogsh*t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here