Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I didn't realise that anyone 'working hard' could have a good old, close contact, knees up during covid restrictions.

The fat afterbirth of a PM needs to go.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
seems a damp squib. everything out there, nothing covered up, fundemental criticism of managment and leadership, but not enough with which to bury the PM.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Sounds like Tory MP'S have decided to abandon all their moral scruples and throw their full weight behind the convict....

I'm afraid that happened the minute they chose Johnson as leader

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
seems a damp squib. everything out there, nothing covered up, fundemental criticism of managment and leadership, but not enough with which to bury the PM.

No other PM would ever survive this in the past. Our democracy is shattered, Johnson is taking the country down with himself

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

But did you really expect anything different? Johnson is Sue Gray's boss. Did you really expect her to bury him? Would you do that to your boss? Why do you think she obeyed his command to attend a meeting at No10 last week? We will never know what she was told to include/remove from her report as a result of that meeting. It stinks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BJ being given a completely deserved beasting in Parliament

Unfortunately he is home and hosed. Fulsome apology, jobzagoodun. "We move on".

Apologists on the radio now are saying that it doesn't really matter what Johnson did because running the country is a hard job. "What really matters is whether we can trust our government on the big issues".

As Starmer said in his brilliant address, the only people who can do anything about Johnson is his own MPs.

"Lifelong conservative voter" on the radio now condemning Johnson.....perhaps there is hope....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unfortunately he is home and hosed. Fulsome apology, jobzagoodun. "We move on".

Apologists on the radio now are saying that it doesn't really matter what Johnson did because running the country is a hard job. "What really matters is whether we can trust our government on the big issues".

As Starmer said in his brilliant address, the only people who can do anything about Johnson is his own MPs.

"Lifelong conservative voter" on the radio now condemning Johnson.....perhaps there is hope....

Encouraging amount of head-shaking and back-stabbing amongst those Tory back-benchers who could be arsed to stick around for the proceedings. There's hope yet that the charlatan may yet be removed by his own party MPs that want to keep onside of their constituents completely justified righteous anger

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No other PM would ever survive this in the past. Our democracy is shattered, Johnson is taking the country down with himself

He is certainly a shameless piece of work. This will give him a massive psychological boner. He will get away with it, loving it. His party will back him all the time he looks like a winner. I hate to admit this (as a labour member) but he is looking to me like a winner.

I would love to think his polling will collapse and his party will stab him in the back like they did with Thatcher. I can very easily see this not happening, however.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

probably not. some how he does and have heard two back benchers blame the rules.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Encouraging amount of head-shaking and back-stabbing amongst those Tory back-benchers who could be arsed to stick around for the proceedings. There's hope yet that the charlatan may yet be removed by his own party

I listened on the radio, so I haven't seen the body language of 'the room'.

On another tack, I thought that Starmer said that Johnson should resign if it were true that he had broken the law. Johnson, I thought, lied today when he represented this as Starmer having demanded Johnson resign before Johnson had been found guilty, and is therefore a hypocrite. Labour did not refute this. So it meant Johnson got away with the accusation.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No other PM would have survived this in a normal Tory government. But, this is a government shaped in Johnsons own image, devoid of more than a handful of dissenting voices and little more than a cult.

We have a government of liars and probably we will have this for some time.

There needs to be a massive trust rebuilding job for whichever party takes office post Johnson.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
probably not. some how he does and have heard two back benchers blame the rules.

The problem is not just party gate, he breaks international law, he breaks domestic domestic law, he send his minyans to lie to our Queen, he doesn't discipline his own staff, he.destroys our institutions, he makes everyone carry the can for his errors and recklessness

Today we said goodbye to the democratic system that we have.

The UK needs a written constitution, that said the longer Johnson remains in office the greater the chance is, there will be no UK...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

As I noted previously the rules were designed to be ambiguous. I agree that democracy is not shattered, but it has been hijacked by extreme charlatanry. The fact that you among many are not apparently bothered shows how effective Johnson has been with his strategy.

Rather like Putin and Jimmy Savile, a shameless psychopath can hide in plain sight, with certain types all too eager to queue up to show support and ride the bus.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
BJ doing some pure shit-or-bust brassnecking. Don't think he actually cares any more if he gets removed from office or not. Probably already fully focussed on his big bucks book deal

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Watched some clips of PMQs. The leader of the Uk is literally like some idiot troll on an internet message board/twitter. It's all he's got.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BJ doing some pure shit-or-bust brassnecking. Don't think he actually cares any more if he gets removed from office or not. Probably already fully focussed on his big bucks book deal

He has already said it will take a tank division to remove him from office. He is a dictator in all but name. Only his own party will remove him, especially when the boundaries of constituencies are reorganised before the next election.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-of-downing-st-johnson-tells-allies-g65c6j65b

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here