Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The breaking of the law on numerous occasions by our elected representatives is bad enough, but the catalogue of lies to Parliament, in the hope of clouding the waters sufficiently to get away with it, is the cherry on the top. I struggle to think of any other administration that would think this is not only okay, but entirely acceptable.

They should go,but I really don’t think they will.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
I think I actually find the comments from Michael Fabricant even more stunning. To think that he honestly thinks that teachers and nurses were all cracking open bottles of wine in the staff room at the end of the week is laughable. Obviously there could have been someone somewhere doing this but to suggest this was widespread in the workplace (especially in schools and hospitals) is just the definition of out of touch.

My wife qualified as a nurse at the end of February 2020 and started as a community nurse 2nd March 2020. Since then she has had none of her classroom tuition and mentoring, none of the shadowing of an experienced nurse or face to face guidance at all due to Covid rules. She was forced to attend Covid positive patients in their homes when 18 weeks pregnant as in the exact words of her superiors, "until you are 24 weeks the pregnancy isn't deemed viable therefore we don't consider it a safety risk". Basically they had so little staff she was thrown in to caring for sick, elderly and vulnerable patients without an ounce of support due to the rules put in place by the government and NHS yet despite this, Fabricant believes that the nurses were all getting on the lash in the staffroom on a Friday night. Words fail me.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lots of people have a problem with the Prime Minister being a criminal. Of course you might not but there will be many who do.

I’ve got very much more of an issue with him lying to parliament than the offences themselves……it should be that in primary focus (and a resignation issue in any normal universe).

Jul 20, 2003
It'll carry on.

They will continue to have the support of flag shagging I'm Alright Jacks (I know). I

Utter disgrace.

Day in

Day out

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The breaking of the law on numerous occasions by our elected representatives is bad enough, but the catalogue of lies to Parliament, in the hope of clouding the waters sufficiently to get away with it, is the cherry on the top. I struggle to think of any other administration that would think this is not only okay, but entirely acceptable.

They should go,but I really don’t think they will.

I saw the brief BBC interview today with BJ. After apologising profusely, he then goes on to try to once again justify his actions. Pretty incredible really, but not in the least bit surprising.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A fine the same as the reduced amount for stopping on a double yellow line, technically breaking the law but no one ever has resigned for stopping on a double yellow line, time to move on its very very boring!

I’m astounded that someone can make a comparison like that and expect it to be taken seriously.

Stopping on a double yellow line is not likely to be a major issue. Johnson’s fine is for a criminal offence. His government was imposing draconian restrictions on the rest of the country, but those in Downing Street were above it…….. at a time when hundreds of ordinary people were forbidden from visiting dying relatives, having proper funerals.

I didn’t like Thatcher, but could you imagine anything like this happening on her watch? Absolutely not.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Remind us how you voted in the Capital Punishment thread again? :lolol:

It can't have been option three as that only included child killers, serial killers, cop killers and terrorists. I'm pretty sure traitors wasn't on the list, unless we're doing some sort of flexi ticket deal on terrorists.

Haha! Very good point. That just shows you the force of my ire, I’m willing to go against my own principles to see this pair of finks get their just desserts.

fink
/fɪŋk/
See definitions in:
All
Crime · Derogatory
Trade Unionism · Derogatory
DEROGATORY•INFORMAL
noun
an unpleasant or contemptible person.
verb
inform on (someone) to the authorities.
"there was no shortage of people willing to fink on their neighbours"
fail to do something promised or expected.
"administration officials had finked out"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Bet365 are giving the following odds:

Boris to resign: 4/1,
Boris to tough it out: 1/5
Boris to have another drink up: No odds offered

Keep your card in your wallet.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
A fine the same as the reduced amount for stopping on a double yellow line, technically breaking the law but no one ever has resigned for stopping on a double yellow line, time to move on its very very boring!

That's not the issue. The issue is lying to Parliament.
To compare it to your double yellow line analogy, see what happens if you swear under oath in a court that you didn't park on a double yellow line. The parking ticket becomes the least of your problems (see Johnathan Aitken).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1513930715766968323[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We will see if he's going to get away with it by looking at the morning headlines in the Tory rags, My money is on righteous indignation for a day then back to Woke, the EU and Johnson's leadership of the free world.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Tory meltdown incoming...

Only Willy Pope's.

It would have kept Hitler out, and it is succeeding keeping Farrage and whatever nonentity runs the SWP out. That's good enough for me.

I don't even need to invoke the eternal centre right hegemony that would result if we represented ourselves proportionately.

???

Um, we have a centre-right hegemony. I wouldn’t say FPTP has delivered anything different in that regard, but FPTP does mean that huge swathes of voters go entirely unrepresented, which in turn increases voter apathy.

I’m personally of the opinion that it’s our largely dreadful media that keep us with a centre-right hegemony, they will (obviously) attack anything their mogul owners perceive as a threat mercilessly.

Boris isn’t going to go, not of his own accord. The Conservatives are cynically (but sadly perhaps effectively) relying on the short memories of voters. They’re hoping that by the time an election is called, a couple of bad headlines for Starmer and keeping Johnson away from questions will be enough.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They must know thousands of people will die this winter due to not heating / eating, aren't they just culling us..?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Let me remind you of Bozza's post about you - in that you are one of the most annoying posters for the mods to manage. Remember that post ? I'm sure you can find it with all those advanced searching skills you clearly have.

Regardless, I will repeat to you what I have said numerous times - I didn't and couldn't vote for Johnson. Nor could you. Neither of us live where he stood for election. Even if you take the false position that by voting for the Tory candidate in Hove some way helped Johnson to power I need to remind you that Peter Kyle - of Labour - won the seat. And I only voted Tory for one specific reason - one of which you're very bitter about - next time is different.

I'm sorry, I have no idea which of Bozza's post you are on about. Maybe you could enlighten me ?

I think this was the Post Westdene Seagull refers to that Bozza replied to you with [emoji6]
d13daa79680d05f0c8c2015abb490bba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Politics seems to be a magnet, attracting the self aggrandising scum of the earth to positions of responsibility that they are incapable and incompetent of filling.

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bet365 are giving the following odds:

Boris to resign: 4/1,
Boris to tough it out: 1/5
Boris to have another drink up: No odds offered

Keep your card in your wallet.

The bookies are right.

Serial liar, serial cheat, now a confirmed criminal all whilst in power and still tory scum protect him, He's even lied to the queen FFS, surely a flagshagger sin?

Shameful.

On which note, I'm no royalist, but the lady is getting on and hasn't been well, she really doesn't need a ruinous tub of lard further embarrassing the country. . . .A fitter Monarch would have had a word by now. Hopefully word gets through soon.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Britain changed PM
four times in the war in Afghanistan
in the Iraq War
in the Gulf War
in the Korean War
in the Second World War
in the First World War
in the Second Boer War
in the Second Opium War
in the Crimean War
twice in the Peninsular War

And, we aren’t actually in the current Ukraine war.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
The bookies are right.

Serial liar, serial cheat, now a confirmed criminal all whilst in power and still tory scum protect him, He's even lied to the queen FFS, surely a flagshagger sin?

Shameful.

On which note, I'm no royalist, but the lady is getting on and hasn't been well, she really doesn't need a ruinous tub of lard further embarrassing the country. . . .A fitter Monarch would have had a word by now. Hopefully word gets through soon.

Just in case anyone rushes off and puts their wages on Boris resigning or whatever, I was being facetious and made up those odds.

Please gamble responsibly. Until all your money is gone. It will be gone anyway with rising taxes, but if you gamble, it will be gone that bit quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here