Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know our system is poor but the fact is no PM has won a majority of the vote since Baldwin in 1935!

Not many ended up with an 80 seat majority though.

No wonder only 2 European countries use FPTP, us and Bosnia Herzegovinia

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I'm an ardent Brexiteer as is well known on here but I truly don't believe there is anyone ( bar Rees-Mogg ) that can defend him here. For the avoidance of doubt I don't support Johnson in any shape or form - or equally give him credit in the bank to do this because he 'delivered' Brexit. Hopefully he'll now be kicked out.

I respect your loyally in maintaining Brexit ideological values, even though I deeply and profoundly disagree with them and cannot imagine how you can now justify them... but is it okay to call a person who disagrees with you a 'w...ker'?

Just asking.....

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody will do anything about it. Even the police who are supposed to work for us, not government, only investigated when public pressure got too much and now seem to be handing out the softest of penalties.

Johnson and his cronies will sweep this way with “done and dusted, important things to get on with, thank you so much” and that will be that.
Anyone who thinks otherwise has not been paying attention. We are ruled by tyrants. The rule of law has been thrown out. Criminals are in charge.

Hmmm....so far Johnson has been defended only by dimwits, lickspittles and nonentities.

Radio 5 has been inundated with ordinary folk who were prevented from attending the last days and funeral of loved ones, people who obeyed the rules, outraged nurses who never had after-work booze ups. Inundated to the point where they have been scratching around trying to find some other voices for 'balance':

"There are other opinions, look, look, in this anonymous text.....admittedly. . . .but the condemnation is not unanimous..."

A sound of near panic in their voices, lest they be accused of bias against the government by Frau Dorries :facepalm:

Johnson will surely bimble on, but if so he will have the sound of "you lied and lied" ringing in his ears all the way to the election, the accusation made outside of parliamentary privilage, and unanswered because it is unanswerable.

We shall see how "Yes I lied, but whatbout the man that stole Christmas, er, if we had been in the EU, er" will wash with the electorate. Not well would be my guess.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Let me remind you of Bozza's post about you - in that you are one of the most annoying posters for the mods to manage. Remember that post ? I'm sure you can find it with all those advanced searching skills you clearly have.

Regardless, I will repeat to you what I have said numerous times - I didn't and couldn't vote for Johnson. Nor could you. Neither of us live where he stood for election. Even if you take the false position that by voting for the Tory candidate in Hove some way helped Johnson to power I need to remind you that Peter Kyle - of Labour - won the seat. And I only voted Tory for one specific reason - one of which you're very bitter about - next time is different.

I'm sorry, I have no idea which of Bozza's post you are on about. Maybe you could enlighten me ?

My intention was simply to understand when and why you changed your mind. I know neither of us voted for Johnson and that the only reason you voted Tory was for one specific reason.

At what point did you decide that reason wasn't worth having Johnson as PM ?

I'm off for dinner but I'm sure I'll be on here again soon :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It still breaks my heart to know that one of Charlie Cope/Willy Pope/Jack Liddell's finest would still back FPTP :facepalm:

Only Willy Pope's.

It would have kept Hitler out, and it is succeeding keeping Farrage and whatever nonentity runs the SWP out. That's good enough for me.

I don't even need to invoke the eternal centre right hegemony that would result if we represented ourselves proportionately.

???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Let me remind you of Bozza's post about you - in that you are one of the most annoying posters for the mods to manage. Remember that post ? I'm sure you can find it with all those advanced searching skills you clearly have.

Regardless, I will repeat to you what I have said numerous times - I didn't and couldn't vote for Johnson. Nor could you. Neither of us live where he stood for election. Even if you take the false position that by voting for the Tory candidate in Hove some way helped Johnson to power I need to remind you that Peter Kyle - of Labour - won the seat. And I only voted Tory for one specific reason - one of which you're very bitter about - next time is different.

Bozza's post was about two unnamed posters. No one else should be assuming who he meant.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
56955ACF-1A39-49F2-9608-3675067CC595.png

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1513929560475287552[/tweet]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not many ended up with an 80 seat majority though.

No wonder only 2 European countries use FPTP, us and Bosnia Herzegovinia

Really, check again. Nevermind, I'll do it for you. Since 1959, there has been 17 general elections of which 7 have resulted in a majority of 80 or over. A further 2 had a majority of over 60.

History lesson complete!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A fine the same as the reduced amount for stopping on a double yellow line, technically breaking the law but no one ever has resigned for stopping on a double yellow line, time to move on its very very boring!

A traffic offence isn’t a criminal offence.

It is a small fine, whereas others have had hundreds or thousands in fines, but it is still a criminal offence. It is in lieu of a prosecution.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Liz Truss

(@trussliz)

The Prime Minister has apologised and taken responsibility for what happened in Downing Street. He and the Chancellor are delivering for Britain on many fronts including on the international security crisis we face. They have my 100% backing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
A fine the same as the reduced amount for stopping on a double yellow line, technically breaking the law but no one ever has resigned for stopping on a double yellow line, time to move on its very very boring!

There's not really such a thing as 'technically breaking the law'. You've either broken it, as Johnson has, or you haven't.

Also, the fact that he broke a law, that he introduced to help protect the citizens he supposedly represents, is rather more serious than parking on a double yellow line, don't you think?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
27241ABF-4095-4BE8-8DA3-3EB7BA2B9F0F.jpeg

I met so many pairs of “mates” like this at boarding school. Both trying to f***k each other other, both pretending to laugh at each other’s jokes. Both sat in assembly, one pulling stupid faces the other laughing but nervous he’ll get in to trouble too.

I’d happily see their heads on pikes. Traitors.

Last edited:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Charles Manson needs to get in touch with Johnsons scriptwriter. He'd be US president in no time.

And instead of sh!t-stirring about Obama's birth certificate, Trump could demand Manson's death certificate be scrutinised.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
View attachment 146861

I met so many pairs of “mates” like this at boarding school. Both trying to f***k each other other, both pretending to laugh at each other’s jokes. Both sat in assembly, one pulling stupid faces the other laughing but nervous he’ll get in to trouble too.

I’d happily see their heads on pikes. Traitors.

Remind us how you voted in the Capital Punishment thread again? :lolol:

It can't have been option three as that only included child killers, serial killers, cop killers and terrorists. I'm pretty sure traitors wasn't on the list, unless we're doing some sort of flexi ticket deal on terrorists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here