Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Merely the start. I predict poll tax type rioting this summer. They have brought it on themselves.

True.

With fuel and inflation (shop prices) going up, that’s an extra £2k per year out of most household budgets. Folk will be very cross when it bites.

Most Tories want Boris the Liar to ‘own’ this. He will be gone after the May elections but in the meantime, once Covid has died down a bit, there could be one million+ marching to get rid of this awful ****.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hacked off Hugh leading the anti democracy riot today I see, he’ll disappear to LA LA Land like a fart in the wind next week .

is any of that a bit fibby, baga? it didn't last long, did it?

nine and a half hours, not good enough, and not unexpected :rolleyes:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm delighted BL is showing his true concerns by paying more attention to the "lefties" than the Albion

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm delighted BL is showing his true concerns by paying more attention to the "lefties" than the Albion

Not sure he's ever paid much attention to the Albion, bit like Ppf and JCFG :shrug:

Just noticed that he was apparently safely ensconced 'on the rattler' heading back into Brighton and sharing his wisdom on NSC by 5.01 Well that's Tariq's replacement sorted :lolol:

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Sadly I had to compose the post on the rattler back into the Peoples republic of Brighton after today’s debacle, luckily I drowned my sorrows in the Caxton with a few Neck oils.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Delay to the cabinet meeting to end Covid? Has the PM spent the weekend negotiating world peace or is it really hard to bully things through cabinet when you have lost your authority?

Either way not a great re-launch for the new style Number 10.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Delay to the cabinet meeting to end Covid? Has the PM spent the weekend negotiating world peace or is it really hard to bully things through cabinet when you have lost your authority?

Either way not a great re-launch for the new style Number 10.

[tweet]1495757393434750981[/tweet]

Sunak happy to write off millions in furlough fraud but you can't have free tests.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And after all the practicing that may or may not have happened, depending on the out come of the Sue Gray report, which is obviously awaiting the outcome of the Police enquiry, this complete bunch of f***wits still prove that organising a piss up in a brewery is far beyond their wildest capabilities :facepalm:

Downing Street was thrown into chaos today after the decision to lift all remaining Covid restrictions was delayed at the eleventh hour over a rift between ministers.

Reports say the delay was caused by Sajid Javid, the health secretary and Rishi Sunak, the chancellor, locking horns over the testing costs.

Among the changes, the government is expected to scrap the legal duty for those who test positive for coronavirus to self-isolate, and free testing could end for many. Health experts and scientists have warned about the risks this could pose to vulnerable sections of the population.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/covid-news-live-no-10-chaos-as-decision-on-axing-rules-delayed-at-last-minute-amid-rift-between-ministers/ar-AAU71EE?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

D

Deleted member 22389

Happy to pay for a test kit, happy to pay for a booster, if it meant others that really need it get it for free. Many people would be happy to pay.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
[tweet]1495757393434750981[/tweet]

Sunak happy to write off millions in furlough fraud but you can't have free tests.

Writing off furlough fraud is a joke, but we are just about the last Country that has free testing:

In Belgium the price of an antigen self-test sold in pharmacies is around €6-€8

Self-administered tests in France cost between €4 and €5 in pharmacies and about €1.25 in supermarket multipacks.

Italy, South Africa, USA, Thailand all charging for tests.

Germany did charge but dropped them and it's now free there again (I believe)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Writing off furlough fraud is a joke, but we are just about the last Country that has free testing:

In Belgium the price of an antigen self-test sold in pharmacies is around €6-€8

Self-administered tests in France cost between €4 and €5 in pharmacies and about €1.25 in supermarket multipacks.

Italy, South Africa, USA, Thailand all charging for tests.

Germany did charge but dropped them and it's now free there again (I believe)

All depends what the point of them is, going forward. If it will be a requirement for anything then if you don't make them free, a lot of people won't bother or will game the system. If they are just reassurance before you visit an at risk person then people will likely pay

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All depends what the point of them is, going forward. If it will be a requirement for anything then if you don't make them free, a lot of people won't bother or will game the system. If they are just reassurance before you visit an at risk person then people will likely pay

that is the heart of the debate between departments. what is the actual strategy, what place does testing have in that, then decide how they are paid for. earlier reports were for "at risk" to carry on receiving free, not a blanket removal of tests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here