Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well there were some seriously disgruntled Tories sitting behind him asking very barbed questions. They must be counting up towards the 54 required to try and oust him.
I would've thought it would be in all the opposition parties favour to keep him in place as they have greater odds of toppling him at the next GE

It's not in the country's best interested to have in charge a venal prevaricator who could, if you believe him, get Brexit done but not organise a cheese and wine party in a place stuffed full of cheese and wine.

He is likely a security risk at a time of war and does detail so little that I expect over the course of the next thirty years for most legislation written under his government to be either ignored via loophole or to be challenged in the highest court of the land.

The bloke can't even brush his own hair.

He needs to go now for the good of the country and if that means an honest and moderate Tory taking his place, I'm all for that quite frankly.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Funny isn't it ?

Just when it was really needed Ruth Davidson was a very impressive Conservative politician tonight.

If the most important thing is that they wear a blue rosette, you would have thought that [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] etc etc would be backing her instead of a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical ****.

There couldn't be another reason, they would back Johnson over her, could there :lolol:

We knew we couldn't pull the wool over your eyes.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Johnson has managed to kick this into the long grass due to the Mets involvement. I think the the police investigation is going to lengthy and at the end a few penalty notices will be given, without naming people and primarily to protect Boris.
The Gray report won’t be published in full at the end of the Mets involvement mainly to muddy the waters around if Boris lied to the commons.
Boris will be lining up names to push under the bus to show he’s implemented the spirit of the Gray report.
Boris may just stay on with this strategy if the backbenchers don’t revolt, hopefully public opinion will finally get rid of this chancer.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Never endorsed it just never heard that accusation until Johnson came out with it. Starmer seemed very flustered and I'm sure the truth will come out at some point one way or the other.

It all ready has through an independent inquiry. Starmer had no involvement and the blame was laid at the feet of the local plod and low level CPS.
He was flustered and very surprised because who in there right mind, when being questioned over breaking lockdown rules, refers to Jimmy Saville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Funny isn't it ?

Just when it was really needed Ruth Davidson was a very impressive Conservative politician tonight.

If the most important thing is that they wear a blue rosette, you would have thought that [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=578]portslade seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] etc etc would be backing her instead of a proven lying, duplicitous, unscrupulous, self obsessed, deceitful, unprincipled, corrupt, egotistical ****.

There couldn't be another reason, they would back Johnson over her, could there :lolol:

Knock off the personal tagging please. It's not like there haven't been a few warnings on this thread.

2022 could be a year taught in political history the way the night of the long knives or Thatcher's downfall or the post WW2 election is. Let's not have NSC's contribution to history only searchable in the Bear Pit.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Johnson has managed to kick this into the long grass due to the Mets involvement. I think the the police investigation is going to lengthy and at the end a few penalty notices will be given, without naming people and primarily to protect Boris.
The Gray report won’t be published in full at the end of the Mets involvement mainly to muddy the waters around if Boris lied to the commons.
Boris will be lining up names to push under the bus to show he’s implemented the spirit of the Gray report.
Boris may just stay on with this strategy if the backbenchers don’t revolt, hopefully public opinion will finally get rid of this chancer.
Number 10 already confirmed report will be released in the full.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Even Iain Dale sounded disgusted at the performance in the Commons today on his radio show on LBC. He was especially angry at the accusation that Starmer had prosecuted journalists rather than Savile and that towards the Labour front bench of taking drugs. If that strong a loyalist gives up, then Boris Johnson really is in trouble. He'll still try to get out of it, and some will still stand by him. Conor Burns' defence of him (on a BBC special programme at 7 pm) did not sound in any way convincing.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Number 10 already confirmed report will be released in the full.

When was that? In The Commons this afternoon Boris was very clear he did not want to commit to that despite at least three direct questions on the subject.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I believe it when I see it, won't be holding my breath!
He is in so much trouble it's the only thing that will stop his own MPs revolting..

..until they read it.

He's toast and as much for the fact that other senior MPs are sniffing for a chance to become PM.

GLA report on its way too. He bluffed his way through the first investigation but now they have more evidence.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When was that? In The Commons this afternoon Boris was very clear he did not want to commit to that despite at least three direct questions on the subject.
Confirmed this evening from Number 10.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Liz Truss, the foreign secretary, has announced a little while ago that she has Covid. She attended tonight’s Commons session, without wearing a mask, and the packed meeting with the PM and Tory MPs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It all ready has through an independent inquiry. Starmer had no involvement and the blame was laid at the feet of the local plod and low level CPS.
He was flustered and very surprised because who in there right mind, when being questioned over breaking lockdown rules, refers to Jimmy Saville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ah, you forget that Johnson tried to accuse Jeremy Corbyn of trying to shut down NATO....(Oh, while Russians bid serious money to play tennis with Johnson.)and Starmer " Voting 48 times to rejoin the EU "!.... These are desperate times for Johnson and all he has left is to trot out " 40 new hospitals, getting Brexit done ( While trying to renegotiate the agreed terms) 20,000 new policemen, fastest growing economy in G7...." the usual lies as soundbites.

Starmer hit the perfect tone for his speech leaving Johnson shaking his head and mumbling to himself like a broken man.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Go on then, I'll bite.

Let's have one from each Party you deem suitable to run the show.

I wasn't referring to being 'suitable to run the show' as that would raise muliple questions, and likely to be dependent on personal opinion and polittics.

But I will assume you simply aren't very good at articulating your thoughts and answer what I think you are asking - who I think doesn't have their noses in the trough?

While I might think she is disconnected from the real world and might strongly disagree with her poltics, I don't think Theresa May has her 'nose in the trough'. I'd say the same about Ruth Davidson (albeit I know she's not an MP, but definitely a politician). I'd probably add David Davis and Tom Tugendhat.

Nor does (and this is just based on those I know a bit about) Annaliese Dodds or Alex Sobel. Or Jeremy Corbyn for that matter.

I don;t think I've ever heard anyone imply Carolyn Lucas is in politics for any reason other than her beliefs and desire to make a difference.

I don't really know many Lib Dems or SNP MPs so will leave that to others.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Confirmed this evening from Number 10.

Can you post a link? I can’t find one other than Sue Gray wants it published and pre this afternoon comments that Boris wants it published but this afternoon he made no such commitment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here