Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wish someone would give the 456 some flu remedy

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anyone know why the 456 keeps spewing out that stuff?

Who or what will the 456 be when they finally reveal themselves??? My money is on it being the result of a terrible genetic experiment involving Bellotti and Archer.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I think it will be a hybrid involving a Child's head/torso with the child (still partly alive) being the one being sick due to the poisonous atmosphere in the chamber.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Ok so I can go with the whole 'jack cannot die', storyline. Not only Jack can be blown to smitherines, but also encased in concrete. Fine no problems.

But how do the writers think a whole room filled of concrete will set, in a matter of hours.
Completely rediculous.

Not as ridiculous as being able to drive from Cardiff to East Grinstead in 2 hours as mentioned on Tuesday nights programme. You'll be lucky if you can get to the Severn Bridge in that time!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not as ridiculous as being able to drive from Cardiff to East Grinstead in 2 hours as mentioned on Tuesday nights programme. You'll be lucky if you can get to the Severn Bridge in that time!!
derr hoover cars, keep up.

Indeed, alien technology...

OK Papa, Mr Alien comes to earth, invents super quick drying concrete, and it's only application is for drowning and storing Captain Jack.
Don't you think that's a little far fetched, surely we'd have some other use for such a product.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
derr hoover cars, keep up.

OK Papa, Mr Alien comes to earth, invents super quick drying concrete, and it's only application is for drowning and storing Captain Jack.
Don't you think that's a little far fetched, surely we'd have some other use for such a product.

That's it, yes.:thumbsup:

Perhaps it was a combination of an alien super-quick-drying-serum type thing, with normal concrete?? :shrug:

Or perhaps it was a plot hole? :clap:

Papa

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I know that 1066 has started another thread on tonights episode (rather self indulgent attention seeking to do so considering that a perfectly good Torchwood thread is in existence - so no surprises there) but it has to be said that tonights episode was fantastic, and obviously came to the crux of the wider social implications that they wanted to raise. Excellent sci-fictional drama.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have just finished watching tonights episode and again i thought it was absolutely brilliant..powerful, emotional and raised some very interesting questions....

and now there is only two of the originals left

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
have to say I never liked Torchwood in the past but really enjoyed tonight's episode in parts......if only the could fade out John Barrowman's scenery chewing all would be good.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That nutty guy with was clearly breathing very heavily when he was supposed to be dead. Still a good series though and a shame the BBC cut this series from 12 episodes to 5.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought previous Torchwood was full of hype but with disappointing endings. So far this has been a good show but let's hope there isn't a dull ending tomorrow.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
going to go with the 456 need the children for some sort of life energy thing and Cap'n Jack's infinite life energy (only referenced about 10,000 times so far) will overload them possibly via some kind of matrix.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is it me or does anyone else think the 456 are "early" Toclafane?

Also Im sure there was a reference to Utopia as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here