Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Torchwood

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Caught up on it this afternoon having been out the last two nights and wow, this is brilliant TV. Love it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't bring myself to watch it. Principally because there is already WAY too much John Barrowman on TV.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Although I am not gay, I love Barrowman almost as much as David Tenant. Correction actually I love Captain Jack, Barrowman in almost everything else is slightly annoying.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Although I am not gay, I love Barrowman almost as much as David Tenant. Correction actually I love Captain Jack, Barrowman in almost everything else is slightly annoying.

And that's the crux of it for me: he IS in almost everything else.

Dancing shows, musical talent shows, Who Do You Think You Are, numerous panel game shows, he was even on Loose Women recently (though I honestly think that's about his level).

He's just such a LUVVIE when he's not playing a character.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's just such a LUVVIE when he's not playing a character.

Which actually makes his acting as Captain Jack even better as it is quite different from him. But yes the rest of his stuff is a little too broad.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Absolutely FANTASTIC TV last night, best thing on the box.

Richie is presumably being a DIN who is basing his opinions on Series 1, when 2 and 3 are far better than Doctor Who has been of late.

1066gull

Im hoping all that happens is some kind of 'dream' by Clem, but not a dream. A bit like when John Crichton is used by an alien race to find a home the can co-habit with, finding out that Earth is inappropriate as they would seek to exploit and not share.

But its a long shot, still dunno how the world will be saved.

Common cold? Swine flu? What will Steven Spielberg do? Or Alfred Hitchcock?

Mar 13, 2008
I hope Ianto comes back. I loved him.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
well that was pretty damn good.....even Barrowman gets top marks for it (apart from the last two minutes or so)

1066gull

That's Captain Jack put to bed I think.

An idea for someone in the future but I think RTD is finished with Torchwood. Maybe Moffat will use Captain Jack, he was the one who introduced him but I like the idea of him being away off the screens until the next Doctor Who resurrection in 20-30 years?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
absolutely brilliant tV. British TV at its very best

Yes I think that is that for torchwood.

Been an excellent series, have 1 and 2 on my ipod and they are well worth coming back to.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Irritating gayfest on the Barrowman Broadcasting Corporation, how can these sci-fi monsters build inter-galactic spacecraft when they have no hands?

Thank the lord! The opinion of a thick person with no imagination - that's what we were missing.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
If I am to be honest, I thought it was the worst of the torchwood series.

It was way too dark. I know many here will disagree, but I thought it moved too far away from its roots. I do think RTD is drawing a line in the sand to embark on new projects away from DW type stuff.

The adult stuff is fine, but top watch Jack sacrifice his grandson the way he did was too much for me. He is supposed to be a 'flawed' hero, but that was IMHO a step too far for his character....

I enjoyed it up to the last 20 minutes of tonights, which again disappointed me.

I just think it is a pity as this was it's first and I dare say last outing on BBC1 and that ending would put people off a lot of the spin offs etc...

Still I expect others really liked the dark side.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Not botherewd with torchwood before this week and I'm not really into Sci-fi but I quite enjoyed it.

Maybe it was having it over 5 nights, instead of 5 weeks but it was quite gripping fantasy, at times.

Yep, good TV, well done Beeb.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
how can these sci-fi monsters build inter-galactic spacecraft when they have no hands?

KEEP UP AT THE BACK, modified alien quick drying concrete, dofus.

I like the idea of him being away off the screens until the next Doctor Who resurrection in 20-30 years?

If the writers of Who stick to the original premise of the Show, then there will only be two more regenerations after Matt Smith, as a Time Lord only ever had 12 regenerations, therefore 13 doctors, Smith being No.11.

Unless they can pull something together about no Time Lords therefore Doctor bends rules of time to keep going/gets a new regeneration cycle like the master has had previously.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Irritating gayfest on the Barrowman Broadcasting Corporation, how can these sci-fi monsters build inter-galactic spacecraft when they have no hands?

Handless aliens with spaceships - in Alien? Independence Day? Probably in Star Trek, but couldn't be specific.

However, the opposing thumb and forefinger is supposed to have played a significant role in human evolution, so you do have a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here