Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Ten all time away games..would Southampton be in the list?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Only seventeen, so Southampton is up there for me. I went to all the promotion-party away games with Adams first time around but can't really rememeber them.

I was fortunate enough to go to Bristol Rovers last year and that was a brilliant night. Haven't really had much to pick from in the last couple of season since I've started going with my mates, the stand out games for me other than the above mentioned are the likes of Swindon a few season ago when we beat them 3-0. A bit differnt to the Liverpools, Newcastles and Spurs' away!

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
notts county in 2001, 2-0 down half time, harty and zammo got it back to 2-2 late on, cracking game!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Cant believe no one has put Peterborough away in the FA Cup 5th rnd in 1986.Best atmosphere i have ever heard at an Albion away game.Over 6,000 crammed in the away end,snow on the pitch,came back twice up our end to snatch a 2-2 draw!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
millwall away in the play offs has to be in the top ten surely. plus the hereford match. the 2.2 cup draw at anfield was pretty special too.

how about the win at port vale as league 1 champions under taylor? we took about 4,000 there and totally played them off the park. bring on the champions!

One for the old boys was the 4th round 2nd replay against Rotherham at Highbury 1959/1960 season.
We were both in the old second divison then and Rotherham had beaten Arsenal in the previous round, so we had a lot of Arsenal fans cheering us on to great 6-0 victory. Still to this day, I dont think I have seen the Albion play such flowing football for the whole 90 minutes as they did that night.

My dad went to that and I remember the headache he had the next morning.:down:
I was six at the time and had never seen the Albion then; however, I started nagging him to take me to a game and in August 1960 the journey started.

Agree with others about the most memorable away games. The Div 1 promotion game at Newcastle in 1979 is top of my list, the 2-0 at WBA was a magic evening and it was then I started to think that we might have a special team in the making. The LC replay at Derby was a good night, even though we lost, and I fondly remember a cold day at Hartlepool in 1970/71 when we won 5-2 with Alex Dawson scoring four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here