Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top scorer not even on the bench?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Is there a reason Why Jake Robinson is not even getting a place on the bench? do we really need a match day squad with 3 target men, no-one capable of getting in behind and no decent attacking option on the bench in the likes of Hart, Robinson or Frutos - all of which would of been better to bring on than gingernuts when we are chasing a game.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
FalmerforAll!** said:
Basically,Robinson is shit

Savage and Revell are better
Are Gatting & Elder better than him? me thinks not and gatting, elder & savage are all target men - we need a something different.. What kind of an attacking option is ginger pubes, he attacked their goalkepper but that was about it - Hart & frutos are far better options in attacking midfield.

Sammy the seagull

Aug 10, 2005
Brighton
what has happened to OGH, always gives 100%

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Wilkins said a while ago that he wanted a squa big enough to enable him to rest the youngsters. Jake has played a lot of football so he is having a break. I think he will miss Crewe and will then be back in the team at the expense of Cox who will be rested for 4 or 5 games as well so they are both fresh for the run in.

justin

Feb 2, 2007
Brighton
robinson's confidene at the moment must be so low so i can see why he is being left out. totally agree that fraser has nothing what harty and frutos has. revell (when fully fit) should start without say!!

Del Boy said:
Is there a reason Why Jake Robinson is not even getting a place on the bench?

Could be something to do with his last League goal being scored on 28 Oct 06? Hardly prolific since then with his last goal against non-league Stafford on 02 Dec 06.

20 League games: 6 goals. Not what's needed from a 'striker' when you also consider 3 of those 6 goals came in one game which means 3 goals in 19 league appearances.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chap at Gillingham was saying that Wilkins and OGH have not spoken to each other for 3 weeks and OGH does not know why.

I dont know if it is true but I said that to my mate on Saturday and he said a steward at Withdean had told him the same. Apparently Car Pakr man said Hello to OGH and as 1 does said 'Are you alright' and the answer received was 'No I am pissed off not even being on the bench and nobody will tell me why'

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
justin said:
totally agree that fraser has nothing what harty and frutos has. revell (when fully fit) should start without say!!

agree totally that nothing say robinson scared without say when fully fit syntactical nightmare what should start.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Robinson needs to rest as he is tired at present but could come back now and Gatting looks like he is past it.

I suspect OGH may be on his way out as contract renewal depends on appearances of which not many this season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They probably want to ship OGH out before they have to give him a testimonial. :jester:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
BensGrandad said:
I believe that OGH has more to offer at the moment than Fraser and should replace Fraser on the bench but then I am not the manager.

I am somewhat mistified as to why OGH is frozen out as if anyone would at least have a go it would be him.

However neither am I the manager

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
God, this thread is depressing. I sincerely hope our players never read NSC...

Robinson - "shit"
Gatting - "past it" (how can he "past it" at 20 for f*ck sake??)
Hart - "past it"
Fraser - "gingerpubes", "gingernuts" etc - hilarious AND original. Well done moron, I bet he's NEVER heard that before in his life.

We have the worst fans in the country.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sure Jake needs a rest from 1st team football and has been playing poorly, BUT he still should have been on the bench.

And so should OGH. No way he should be out of the squad.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
jake was desparetly in need of a break think deano is doing the right thing with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here