Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 5 favourite all time footballers

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Nice easy going thread, your top 5 footballers and the reason you love em and want to give them a cuddle.

1. Dennis Bergkamp - amazing skill, dedicated his world cup goal against Argentina to England.

2. Michel Salgado - flair right back, hard as nails

3. Gianfranco Zola - amazing pro brilliant skills, nice guy

4. Emanuel Petit - Great Hair, would hate to go into a challenge with him

5. Paulo Di Canio - cant understand why he never played for Italy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
1. Dennis Bergkamp
2. Dennis Bergkamp
3. Dennis Bergkamp
4. Dennis Bergkamp
5. Glenn Murray

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
1, Matt Le Tissier
2, David Rocastle
3, Peter Beardsley
4, Ronaldo (proper, the fat tranny-shagging one)
5, Stuart Myall

They are all the definition of FLAIR

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Am afraid my FAVOURITES are all ex Albion players.

1. Steve Foster
2. Peter Ward
3. Bobby Zamora
4. Paul Clarke
5. Peter O'Sullivan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
1. Keiran O'Regan
2. Steve Penney
3. John Keeley
4. Thierry Henry
5. Ariel Ortega

Oct 25, 2003
god, this is hard to narrow down.....great thread

1. Matt Le Tissier...........from the CHANNEL ISLANDS, played forever for a shit team, was a bit LARDY, insanely skillful, always seemed to have atleast one entry in 'goal of the season' each year

2. Tony Yeboah.........for roughly one month he was the best player on earth, and seemed to come from nowhere and just scored loads of shit hot goals..........where the f*** did he go? germany, that's where....

3. Jose Luis Chilavert........just incredible, how can you sum him up?! not only was he a flair keeper in the keeper sense, he also took free kicks and penalties! "chilaverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.........GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"
oh- and he's been in prison, AND he looks like craig charles

4. David Ginola.............god, he was so sexy wasn't he?

5. Lee Sharpe......mainly because he's been on LOVE ISLAND, but also because he in no way fulfilled his potential, oh, and his penis has been somewhere that john leslie's has also been......now that is flair

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
god, this is hard to narrow down.....great thread

1. Matt Le Tissier...........from the CHANNEL ISLANDS, played forever for a shit team, was a bit LARDY, insanely skillful, always seemed to have atleast one entry in 'goal of the season' each year

2. Tony Yeboah.........for roughly one month he was the best player on earth, and seemed to come from nowhere and just scored loads of shit hot goals..........where the f*** did he go? germany, that's where....

3. Jose Luis Chilavert........just incredible, how can you sum him up?! not only was he a flair keeper in the keeper sense, he also took free kicks and penalties! "chilaverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt.........GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL"
oh- and he's been in prison, AND he looks like craig charles

4. David Ginola.............god, he was so sexy wasn't he?

5. Lee Sharpe......mainly because he's been on LOVE ISLAND, but also because he in no way fulfilled his potential, oh, and his penis has been somewhere that john leslie's has also been......now that is flair

great list:clap2:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Dennis Bergkamp - saw him warming up at Wembley for Arsenal in Champions League, every shot he hit on half volley from cross pinged in the net. Model my game on him. I was there when he scored his first ever goals for Arsenal too..

Tony Yeboah - thunder thighs, bullet shot and of course the "When a man insults my country I insult him, by taking his woman" story

Juan Roman Riquelme - most skillful player i have ever seen

Matt Le Tissier - another one for the flairniac connoisseur. Skillz, lazy, big fish in small pond, and f***ed up his match fixing. Gave us fatties a hope of making it at the highest level

Colin Hawkins - he puts a smile on your face everytime he graces the football pitch. 22 appearances, 1 sending off, a spanking own goal and conceeded 4 penno's :bowdown:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
1) Ian Chapman - best left foot EVER.

2)Trevor Sinclair

[yt]y2KeX7nhZRY[/yt]

3) Robbie Fowler - the snorting the line celebration in front of the Everton fans is the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen on a football pitch, though closely followed by him pointing his arse at Graeme Le Saux.

4) Gazza

5) Nicky Rust - most sweary keeper ever.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Dominique Rocheteau - he had great hair, played in a beautiful green Saint-Etienne shirt and was a wizard of the dribble. Loved him.

Johnny Rep - every match he played in, he had to thwack a goal in from at least 25 yards. Foot like a traction engine.

Junior - flair full-backs from Brazil didn't just start with Roberto Carlos.

Roger Milla - a legend for over 20 years.

Alain Giresse - that goal and celebration against West germany in the 1982 World Cup :yahoo:. Proof that you don't have to be 6 foot tall to be a decent footballer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone who doesn't put Dennis Bergkamp in their list is lying to themselves. His goal against Newcastle featured the BEST bit of skill of all time.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Robbie Fowler- The man they called God , deservedly
Paolo Di Canio - Skill & Passion for the game , whats not to love
Dennis Bergkamp - Flair Definition
Jay Jay Okocha - so good they named him twice
Bobby Zamora - absolutely no question , probably up there with Fowler in my book

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
My top 5 non Albion would be

1. Malcolm Macdonald
2. Eric Cantona
3. Kevin Keegan
4. David Beckham
5. Glenn Hoddle

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Matt Le Tissier, Johan Cruyff, Peter Ward, Darren Huckerby, Liam Brady.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anyone who doesn't put Dennis Bergkamp in their list is lying to themselves. His goal against Newcastle featured the BEST bit of skill of all time.

or

[yt]hGEczztuCyw[/yt]

or

[yt]Uc1H2hOHu_s[/yt]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How come no one has included the great Pele, surely top of any all time list?

My selection is

Pele - ahead of his time and a great ambassador for the sport.
Best - Wasted talent, wasted life. Should have been born English and perhaps we would have won more world cups.
Cruyff - Ahead of his time. Shame his politics got in the way of going to Argentina.
Bergkamp - Just sublime
Zidane - Should have played in the premier league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here