Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top 3 managers of last 15 years...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Common as Mook said:
I'm not going to get into a Mcghee debate, AGAIN.

Taylor won a Championship that Adams had already won. Taylor almost LOST us that title then deceided to f*** off.

Adams 12 games 6 wins 4 draws 2 defeats = 22 points
Taylor 34 games 19 wins 11 draws 4 defats = 68 points

I see what you mean clearly Adams won us that title :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
also we won the title by a clear 6 points, yeah almost lost it :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
and obviously if we did go down this season it would be McGhee's fault

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
oh for christ's sake - why does everything get wrapped up in Uncle Spielberg and his wish to grow a huge post count?

This is a really simple thread that asks people their opinions. It is subjective!

We have had 12 permanent managers in 15 years:

Lloyd (4), Brady (7), Case (11), Gritt (6), Horton (9), Wood (12), Adams (1), Taylor (3), Hinshelwood (10), Coppell (2), McGhee (5) and Wilkins (8)

My views on their placing in that order are in brackets which means I rate Adams more than Wood and that is based on results and performances OVER THEIR WHOLE TIME HERE together with the circumstances in which theY managed. For that reason, whilst I rate Lloyd higher than Brady, it doesn't stop me thinking that the time and circumstances were right for the change.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ROSM said:
oh for christ's sake - why does everything get wrapped up in Uncle Spielberg and his wish to grow a huge post count?

This is a really simple thread that asks people their opinions. It is subjective!

We have had 12 permanent managers in 15 years:

Lloyd (4), Brady (7), Case (11), Gritt (6), Horton (9), Wood (12), Adams (1), Taylor (3), Hinshelwood (10), Coppell (2), McGhee (5) and Wilkins (8)

My views on their placing in that order are in brackets which means I rate Adams more than Wood and that is based on results and performances OVER THEIR WHOLE TIME HERE together with the circumstances in which theY managed. For that reason, whilst I rate Lloyd higher than Brady, it doesn't stop me thinking that the time and circumstances were right for the change.

am I not allowed to post my opinions anymore :down:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Uncle Spielberg said:
am I not allowed to post my opinions anymore :down:

but NINE posts on one thread that is only under 3 pages long is excessive by anybody's standards.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Coppell
2. Adams
3. Taylor.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not going to get into a Mcghee debate, AGAIN.

Taylor won a Championship that Adams had already won. Taylor almost LOST us that title then deceided to f*** off.

Didnt realise you won the table if you finished 5?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg said:
Give it up Jonny , some people on here would still have slagged McGhee off if he had won the premiership, league cup, fa cup and champions league all in one season with Brighton.

What annoys me most is the re writing of history which appears to be a disease particularly rife on NSC and NMH has got a nasty dose of it.

Your McGhee love goggles are on again I see.

El Presidente said:
Don't think he will be too welcome back in Manchester after his 42 days in charge at Maine Road.

As much as I like Sir Steve, there are a number of lifestyle issues which would make it very difficult to carry out such a high profile job as managing the Rags.

What like going to Thailand every summer for your holidays?

Uncle Spielberg said:
Adams 12 games 6 wins 4 draws 2 defeats = 22 points
Taylor 34 games 19 wins 11 draws 4 defats = 68 points

I see what you mean clearly Adams won us that title :rolleyes:

Now I am amazed, there is a post on football that I actually agree with you on!

1. Gritt, for keeping us in the league and for us to carry on existing.
2. Adams, gave us some pride after all the years of hurt.
3. Lloyd, nearly got us into what is now the Premiership with some excellent signings.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Common as Mook said:
That, Mr Mook is just about the silliest post of the day.

You seem to be saying that Taylor needn't have been there for those 34 games (unbeaten at home, 4 defeats - Wigan, Oldham, Brentford, Stoke. Worst sequence - four league games without a win, though three were draws. Unbeaten for the last 10 games of the season, or one defeat in the last 16), because Adams had already won the title. The first 12 games made sure of that?

Good one.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
To be fair to Mook he probably means the fact that it was the players Adams signed got us the title.

However Taylor found a system that worked with the players Adams signed. Junior Lewis that Taylor signed was the final cog for that promotion push...

How many 1-0 Zamora in that season? LOADS.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Herne Hill Seagull said:
1 Gritt. No Gritt, no club, for me. 10 wins and 2 draws in the last 12 Goldstone games. Gritt and the fans kept the club alive.

2 Adams. Changed the whole culture of the club at the time (with Knight's financial backing). I genuinely thought I'd go my whole life and never see Brighton lift a trophy, seeing consecutive titles, however poorly regarded those two divisions may be, after having been in the position we'd been in, was beyond my wildest expectations.

3 McGhee. Not enough credit for what he did right, too much opprobrium for what he did wrong. And what he did right gave us a tremendous day at Cardiff and a second season in a bastard difficult division.

I do not consider a balanced view of McGhee's time here demented, as somebody has suggested that including him would be, but given the absolute dichotomy of opinion he seems to create on here the truth has got to be somewhere in the middle?

Seconded, word for word.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Southover Street Seagull said:
1. Gritt, for keeping us in the league and for us to carry on existing.
2. Adams, gave us some pride after all the years of hurt.
3. Lloyd, nearly got us into what is now the Premiership with some excellent signings.

Surely a wind up on no 3 ?

yes had that 1 season , also followed it with letting byrne go (he then took sunderland to cup final) , signing shit and getting relagated.
Not to mention running a decent team he inherited from catlin down with a a load of non league local rubbish , Tiltman , Cooper instantly spring to mind with the depating saunders for 60k ,

Not to mention in bed with the dodgy directors

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here