Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to finance £15 million training ground

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Agree with others this is just as important as Falmer IMHO. This is where the coaching staff and players spend most of their time so it is essential the training facilities are world class.

I think this is the kind of thing that will help keep Gus at the club. How many managers get to shape the construction of training facilities like this this? This also suggests the kind of role that persuaded John Stephenson to come from Watford to lead the youth set up here.

The only way is up!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
McLaren’s site team moved onto the project yesterday to commence the construction of the centre designed by Architect KSS, who are also responsible for the design of the proposed new Tottenham Hotspur stadium, within the Northumberland Development Project.

Who also designed The Amex (and the new logo)

90 minutes from Hickstead would take you over a good portion of the south east surely

Yes, 90 mins from Hickstead gives you Reading, Luton, Southend, Portsmouth, Folkestone and Chelmsford

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Excellent news. Another very important step forward by the club.

I particularly like: “The main pitch will be exactly the same size as the one at The Amex, with floodlights and undersoil heating.”

105 m x 69 m, 1 metre wider than the standard UEFA dimensions and the pitch the same size as Wembley. But there has to be smaller pitches and five-a-side pitches which can be blue in colour, the grass that is, which I thought was a joke at first.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here