Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to finance £15 million training ground

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I know the club will be careful on this, but I would be strongly opposed to waterhall. There would be a guaranteed public inquiry for that.

Qhat about sheepcote Valley then? That's where LDC suggested the main stadium could be. I thought there wereworries about the landfill there.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No one should ever forget just how lucky we are to have a chairman like Tony.

We've had more than our fair of bad luckl in the past but this is almost too much back the other way.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I like the part about applying soon at the end of the article. This is the next piece of the puzzle, also hopefully integrataing gus even further into the fabric of the club. Hickstead most likely I would have thought?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
More good news is that from what I have heard this is a little more spin from the club with regards to news slipping out. The project has neen in the pipeline for a while now and there are at present talks going on with a relevant council concerning the purchase of the land. My understanding is that in return one of our local county teams will see a major investment in their ground courtesy of Tony!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that I'm complaining or anything, but shouldn't this search for a site have commenced pretty much as soon as we finally got permission for the stadium ? This facility is going to be at the very least a couple of years away I'd have thought, possibly much longer if the planning permission takes a while.

We'll have a stadium the envy of the League, but with two-bob training facilities for the forseeable.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Aren't all the sites mentioned AONB ?

Don't they all have duck ponds,or at least puddles ?

Time to regenerate the Seagulls Party ?

clif26

Oct 18, 2010
TB spends his time between UK and Oz.
Gambling/risk taking is in his blood - can't change.
Gus has football in his blood - can't change.
Enjoy it while you can.
This one's gonna be bigger than the glory years !!

Where would you rather be ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
BLOOMin' 'eck! Top banana. Man United watch out, here we come. We'll soon be bigger than Norwich City if we keep this up!!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Of the sites mentioned, I reckon hick stead provides the best opportunities

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
No one should ever forget just how lucky we are to have a chairman like Tony.

We've had more than our fair of bad luckl in the past but this is almost too much back the other way.

We were having a discussion at Bournemouth on Saturday about the Amex and the fact that we thought it would still be a field if it wasn't for Tony Bloom.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Tony Bloom

I think this man deserves a Knighthood as well as Martin Perry for their services to football. But lets all remember that without Dick Knight, Steve Gritt and Robbie Rienult we wouldn't be where we are today.

Special mention should go to Steve Gritt by the way, a Brighton icon amongst our greats

Happy memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4SyMPHlwn8&NR=1

That was where we were now look where we are !!

That report still makes following The Albion very, very special every day

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
hickstead probably makes more sense, but the FLAIRNIACS choice is surely shoreham airport

how many teams have their own f***ing AIRPORT.....we can fly ronaldinho in on one of tony's private jets straight into our training ground

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gus would prefer Hickstead. Less of a trek for him from Orpington innit.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very exciting times anyone who has been to the Uni or played there knows sharing with a Uni is no way to run a team with hopes of achieving top level football. Residential accommodation as well, how very Barcelona (Chelsea are currently building accommodation at their training ground at Cobham)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
hickstead probably makes more sense, but the FLAIRNIACS choice is surely shoreham airport

how many teams have their own f***ing AIRPORT.....we can fly ronaldinho in on one of tony's private jets straight into our training ground

And if he doesn't pass the medical then fly him out again.....Simples

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here