Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonight's League One games

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually; PLAY the first 70 minutes, and if the scores are level, or Rovers ahead, carry on. If Bournemouth take the lead at any point, abandon it :thumbsup:

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Of course, but this is a football messageboard - where people chat about football. Discussing how our rivals for promotion might fare is part of supporting the team. These kind of stupid comments (along with "as long as we win at home and draw away") on thread after thread are just bloody tiresome.

This ? Discuss.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Is it unreasonable for Brighton fans to be interested in the results of teams that are challenging us for the automatic promotion places? I don't think so. I think it's perfectly normal for people in the NSC "pub" to talk about exactly that for hours on end. And yet, time and again in these type of threads someone comes on and says words to the effect of "shut up - this is boring - if we keep winning we'll stay top" and variations on that theme. Earlier in the thread Joe's Dad said "Win home games and draw away and no one can catch us! ". Well yes - that's right but so what?

They say it as if it is some sort of Road to Damascuss revelation. It isn't we all know this - and that if we average two points a game we'll go up. So why come on a thread where people are discussing what the challengers are doing to make that kind of comment? Bugger only knows why Adrian29uk flounced off. I'm as entitled to make my observation as he is to make his. Don't feel the need to defend myself but felt the desire to explain - if that helps. Or have I misunderstood your question?

As for Tunbridge Wells - I know very little about it. Raised in Brighton from the age of 2 until about 30. Moved to Isfield, then Crowborough and finally T Wells as my kids moved schools. My contribution to football is nil other than to have supported Brighton for 30+ years. Tunbridge Wells' contribution - bar a handful of Albion fans, who knows.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
For those wanting to maintain the run at the top of the League, this (a postponement) would guaranteewe stay top (bar a fluke result for Bmuff of Saturday) until at least the Plymouth game, wouldn't it.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Luckily, we're in a position where we don't have to worry about what the teams around us (or rather, below us) do - long may that continue. This is not to say this thread is boring, blah, blah, blah - but personally I'm honestly not too bothered about tonight's matches.
Although wins for Carlisle, Orient - and more so for Hartlepool and Brizzle - wouldn't be entirely unwelcome!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Postponed - due to waterlogged pitch

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Luckily, we're in a position where we don't have to worry about what the teams around us (or rather, below us) do - long may that continue. This is not to say this thread is boring, blah, blah, blah - but personally I'm honestly not too bothered about tonight's matches.
Although wins for Carlisle, Orient - and more so for Hartlepool and Brizzle - wouldn't be entirely unwelcome!

Agreed - but nice to see the threats dropping points as we stride away from them over the ridge of the promotion hill.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So, the run at the top of the League continues. Best that Bmuff can hope for is level of points when we kick off on Tuesday night (whilst having played three games more!).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here